Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Come On Angel, Don't You Cry

Chapter 07

by keepxonxscreaming 5 reviews

Megan, a bulimic girl who believes she is unloveable, falls in love with Frank Iero

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way - Published: 2007-03-17 - Updated: 2007-03-17 - 1820 words

0Unrated
I opened the door slowly so it wouldn't make a noise and crept up the stairs. Hoping, praying that my dad wouldn't hear me. Just hoping that maybe he would be passed out somewhere.
But no such luck.
He must have heard the stairs creak as he came out of his room.
"Where the fuck were you last night?!" He slurred, clearly drunk.
"N-nowhere, I was in my room." I lied.
"Don't lie to me missy! I checked your room." He replied, slapping me accross the cheek. I didn't see it coming so it sent me falling over. "Now tell me where the fuck you were!"
"At a friends" I squeeked as he kicked my sides.
"With" kick "out" kick "telling" kick "me" even harder kick.
I was crying by now and my ribs hurt so bad I could hardly move.
"S-sorry" I sobbed.
"Now go upstairs bitch and don't come down unless I say so."
I tried to stand, but that just sent shooting pains through my chest that caused me to fall back over again.
My dad growled and dragged me into my room. Leaving me in the middle, clutching my ribs and he walked out and shut the door.

A few hours passed and I could finally move without too much pain.
I stood up, causing tears to sting my eyes, picked up my journal off my table and moved so I could sit down on my bed.

Dear whoever cares,

Why is it that when something good happens, you'll think the worst. Why is it that when something happens, maybe it's not quite what it seems.

Why is it that when one thing in your lifes goes wrong, it'll follow you around, making everything else go wrong. Why is it that your past follows you whereever you go?

What would happen if I just ran away? Left everything behind? My dad, Gerard, Frank. Just left.
What would happen then.
I wouldn't have an abusive father.
I wouldn't have a friend who's probably just a friend 'cause of Frank.
I wouldn't have a boyfriend who probably only wants me for a fuck.
Wouldn't that be better.
I could start again
Start a fresh.
A whole new life.

I think it'd be a good idea actually.
Let me get away from all the pain I suffer at home, here.
Most people consider self harm, to me, running away is now seeming like a better option. At least I'm not putting more scars on my body.


I fell asleep hugging my journal, well I must have as I woke up holding it.

Today's the day.
Today's the day I leave it all behind.
I'm contemplating telling someone? Nah, that'd make it harder as they'd probably make me stay.
Tell me I'm crazy.
Well duh, I'm a freaking fuck-up.

As I got out of bed, the pain running through my chest and ribs reminded me of what happened yesterday.
I lifted my oversized Misfits t-shirt up so I could see the damage. Huge green, purple, blue and black bruses covered my rib area.
I felt around my ribs, checking they weren't broken. And luckily they weren't, that would just make the plan harder. Plus, I'd have to go to hospital.
Shit. My sitches.
Ah, I guess I can take them out myself. How hard could it be?

I got ready for school. The usual baggy jeans, oversized band t-shirt and oversized hoodie. Black and red converse, then make up. After I had got dressed I packed all the things I would need into a backpack (clothes, underwear, makeup, phone, all the essentials and took some money I had taken from my dad a while back but never got round to spending it).
With all my things packed, I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked to the kitchen.
Luckily, I had gotten up early enough for my dad to not be up so I grabbed some toast and ate it on the way, threw it up, then carried on my walk to school.
It would be wierd if I didn't turn up at school, people would suspect something. Well they would as I'm not going to be here tomorrow. But I mean, I might as well say goodbye, even if they didn't realise what kind of goodbye it actually is.

I got to school and saw Frank, Gerard, Bob, Ray and Mikey sitting on the wall. Mikey and Gerard were fighting, while Bob and Frank were playing with Ray's 'fro.
"Midge" Frank called as he was me walk through the gates and he ran up and kissed me, which then turned into a makeout.
"Whoa, dude" Ray laughed.
"What's in the bad Megan?" Mikey asked.
"N-nothing." Oh crap.
"Erm, okay, but why is it so big?"
"No reason." The five of them looked at me wierd so I just shrugged and smiled.
They laughed nervously and we made our way up the front steps of the school.

The first two periods went by uneventfully. Just alot of note taking.
Then it was break. Nothing happened apart from Bob cutting a huge chunk out of Rays hair, making Ray made and in turn punching Bob straight in the nose, giving Bob a nose bleed.
Then three and four went by slow.
Then lunch. The six of us were sitting at a table eating our lunches, just laughing.
Frank had his hand placed on my thigh, Gerard, Ray and Mikey were laughing at Bob's imitations of Mr Bean while I just sat there smiling, thinking why five awesome guys would want to be friends with me.
But the funny thing was, I'm going to miss them.

I didn't even realise I was crying until Frank brought me out of my daze by placing his hand on my shoulder and asking "Hey Midge, what's wrong?"
"W-what?"
"You're crying. Are you okay?"
"Oh yeah, I'm fine" forcing and obviously fake smile.
"Wanna talk about it?"
"Nah, not yet. Thanks"
"Well I'm here whenever you need me" God this guy's nice, maybe he does really like me?
"Thank you Frankie."
"No problem."


Frank P.O.V.

Why won't she just tell me? Obviously somethings going on. I can't help her, unless she tells me what's bothering her. She's being really distand today. Like she's in deep thought about something. I have a feeling it's got something to do with what goes on at her home.. but I have no idea what it is. Or if anything does happen.


Megan P.O.V.

Throughout the day I was planning what I was going to do.
Where am I going to go?
How am I going to get there?
What will happen?
But I just though that I'll end up wherever I end up, I'll get there by train and I'll live on the street for a bit until I find somewhere to stay.
Fucking perfect. Well I guess it is compared to now.

I kept spacing out throughout the day, day dreaming of what my new life is going to be like.
I was so caught up in my fantasies that I didn't even have lunch!
Frank and Gerard seemed worried though. Well I guess it was all an act.
Frank, 'cause I'm his 'girlfriend'.
And Gerard 'cause I'm dating his best friend.
Ray, Bob and Mikey didn't seem to notice. I've known then one less day, and they didn't know me not like this..
Maybe? Hm, I dunno.
Maube they have realised but though it'd be best to keep to their own buisness.
I don't know.
I just don't know anymore.

After school I grabbed my bags and walked out of the gates, hoping I wouldn't have to see anyone.
Damn, my hopes came crushing down as Frank, Gee, Mikey, Ray and Bob walked over to me.
"Me, Frank, Mikey, Ray and Bob are all coming over to mine, you wanna come?" Gerard asked me.
"N-no. No thanks." I stuttered.
"Erm okay. Another time. What's wrong Midge?" Frank asked.
"N-nothings wrong Frankie. Everythings fine. Just fine.." I trailed off "well see ya." and turned around to walk off.
I felt a hand placed on my shoulder turning me around.
Frank. "Do I not get a goodbye?" he pouted. Man, his pout was cute.
"Oh sorry" I laughed nervously and kissed him on the lips. "Goodbye Frank"
"Goodbye Midge" If only he know what kind of goodbye this was..


3rd person P.O.V.

As Frank, Gerard, Mikey, Ray and Bob walked off to the right to Gerard and Mikeys house, Megan went left to the nearest train station.
When she got there she brought a one way ticket to New York, thinking that as New York is big she'd have a better chance of meeting people..

She waited 10 minuted till the train arrived, when it did she got on, found a seat and found her journal.

Dear whoever cares,

I'm on my way to New York now. I hope I'm doing the right thing. No, I am doing the right thing. I can start again. Re-do my life. Not have to worry about my past. I can make stuff up about it.
But what if it's worse? Then what?
No, nothing could be worse.
I'll be fine.


Megan watched out the window. Watched all the trees, houses and kids playing as she sat there. Thinking about a new life. Watching everyone living their life happily, and she was finally able to get away from her unhappiness that no one else was seeming to suffer.
Eventually dozing off.

Back in Jersey the five boys were sitting in Gerard Way's basement/bedroom.
"I'm worried about her guys" Frank wined for what seemed the gazilienth time.
"Look dude, probably just girl stuff." Bob reassured Frank, trying to shut him up.
"I don't think so, she seemed really distant" Frank protested.
"Yeah, she was really quite" Mikey piped in, pushing his glasses further up his nose.
"Look, we'll see what she's like tomorrow and if she's still quite, we'll talk to her." Ray said.
Gerard was too stuck in his drawing to even bother pay attention to the other guys. He was drawing a vampire, nothing really out of the ordinary there.. Gerard was known for his obsession with vampires.
"Gee, what do you think we should do?" He was brought back into the world when Frank asked him.
"Er sorry? I wasn't listening," He replied sheepishly.
"What do you think we should do about Megan? Shee seems kinda down, and somethings obviously bothering her."
"Oh, I don't know. You could try calling her. Ask her." Gerard suggested.
"Mm, tomorrow maybe. If she's not better."


Megan aoke with a start. Lurched forward as the train came to a stop and New York station. She got off the train and found that it was rainin slightly. So she put her hood up to keep her as dry as possibe.
Sign up to rate and review this story