Categories > Original > Fantasy > Tamers

Learning the Ways of a Tamer

by Crazy_Chex_Mix 0 reviews

The rookie 12 are on their first day of training for the apprentice exams. They found out the personality of their Masters

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2007-03-18 - Updated: 2007-03-18 - 1526 words

0Unrated
Everyone woke up to the sounds of yawns and Janimba's trunk making a loud trumpet-like noise. Getting ready, packing their things, and saying their goodbyes to everyone. Walking down the halls with their Slamina to the frontyard of the academy, all the kids assembled with their teams.
"Welcome team, aren't you excited?" Isa asked to her team.
Everyone was wide-eyed and ready for their adventure to start.
"Well, you guys, I am as happy as you are," Mobleu said sleepily.
"Let's do this," Quancily said.
"Ok, remember to be careful," Valerious warned.
Everyone headed out to Remat for supplies and other things.
"So how is everyone this morning?" Valerious asked her teams.
Everyone replied with a good attitude.
"What are we going to be doing first?" Dennis asked eagerly.
"Well, we are going to go into town and get items, and then go on our first mission," Valerious answered.
"What is our first mission?" Frozel asked.
"We are going to clean out the river," Valerious answered, buying some items during their talk.
"Why do we need to do that?" Jennifer asked, making a face because cleaning in the Remat river would be a disgusting experience for her.
"Because the river is filthy and someone needs to clean it," answered the Master-ranked tamer.
"I think Jennifer is trying to say, what does it have to do with taming?" Kilik asked correcting Valerious's thinking.
"Oh, well good discipline is needed in the tamer ways," the black haired woman said correcting her answer before.
"So...we are going after the mission is done?" Ben asked.
"Probably go get another mission," Valerious said.
"So we just keep doing missions?" Vecko asked.
"That's right, well I am all done now, let's go to the Remat river now," Valerious ordered.
"Being a tamer doesn't mean you have to do extreme missions," Rosalina purred.
Everyone walked toward the river. They saw all the wildlife around and smelt the flowers. The sound of rushing water meant that they were close to the river. It was quiet after their conversations until they got to the river.
"Well get started, but one thing is, you cannot use any part of your body unless it is a Slamina. I will help, and also you are timed, if you don't get all of the trash in the water, you are done, you can spend the rest of your time in the RAFT, I won't help you," Valerious warned, "begin!"
"There is no trash in the water though," Jennifer informed.
"Don't worry, Rosalina," Valerious said as she called her Slamina.
Rosalina smiled at her tamer and began to run fast, so fast she ran on the water. Almost every time she stepped on the water, she dropped a piece of trash and the trash was fall along the river.
"WHAT?" Dennis exclaimed.
"Get to it now," Valerious said, "you all have 30 minutes."
Everyone got to it like they were ordered to. Valerious sat in a tree watching her students struggle a little. Dennis picked up trash with his bubbles as did Frozel. Jennifer and Kilik lifted the ground to pick up the trash, so it didn't touch the water. Ben and Vecko used the wind to pick up the trash from the water.
"Done so fast?" Valerious said finishing the last bite on her apple and she threw it in the river, "you missed one and you have 30 seconds left." After she finished her sentence she laughed.
Dennis and Frozel bubbled the water, but Jennifer and Kilik picked up the earth under it making the bubble pop, but Ben and Vecko blew the air towards it making the apple core still in the river. They all growled in frustation.
"Stop!" Ben said.
"No you stop!" Jennifer yelled back.
"Let me do it!" Dennis yelled.
"10 seconds," Valerious said.
Frozel looking at the arguing swam and got the apple core out of the water in 5 seconds.
"Thank you," Valerious thanked, "the point of this mission was teamwork, which you all certainly don't have."
"Go back to the RAFT and take a break, you all are stinky and wet," Valerious suggested, disappearing in smoke. Rosalina ran so quickly that no one saw her go.
She was right they did stink and they were wet from the river. They all walked back to the academy tired. They magic was almost gone.

*

"Yes, so the exact idea of this mission is to make a dog house," Isa said smiling at her students.
"That's it?" Choi asked.
"Yes that's it," Isa answered.
"What's the catch?" Melony asked inquisitively.
"Ahh, Miss Melony sees behind the activity," Isa replied smiling at her student, "you must make it any size, you must guess its size, make it too big, make it too small, you will never see me again."
"Hmm..that's hard," Xanita commented.
"No it isn't," Sliat said.
"Tell us how big the dog house is suppose to be, we don't know if it is a Slamina, that means it can big or small, or a regular dog," Kofree informed.
"Let's just get to it, how long do we have?" Leon asked.
"You all have 1 hour," Isa answered.
The kids got started on the project. They tried to plan out what the house would look like, but needed to know what the dog was. They didn't know what to do. Isa just sat there smiling from ear to ear while she watched her students struggle under the pressure.
"Having fun?" Isa joked with her students.
They all groaned at her joke. Isa just laughed.
They continued thinking on how they were going to make the house.
"Is this a girl or a boy dog?" Kofree asked.
"Does it matter? It's a dog," Leon interrupted.
Isa just smirked at him.
"45 minutes left," Isa informed, "my only hint is listen to each other and to what I have said."
"What a minute, she said make it too big or too small, that means middle," Choi remembered.
"What is middle Choi?" Sliat asked.
Choi showed them what middle was. They all shook their heads and made "middle" size houses. Choi was shot down by his teammates.
"It was a good try Choi," Xanita said trying to cheer up Choi.
"30 minutes," the Master tamer informed.
Kofree flew over to Isa and made sure she was away from Leon and asked her what was the size of the dog. After the talk Kofree happily flew over to the group.
"I know how to build it now," Kofree informed.
"How?" Leon asked his Slamina.
Kofree told the group and the group got to work. It was exactly what Choi said and it was a girl. They made a medium sized dog house and it was pink and red.
"Great with 10 minutes to spare. The idea of this mission was to not think to hard, go easy at first and don't just pounce on everything," Isa commented, "go to the RAFT now."
They all walked slowly to the academy. An exhausting first day was gone.

*

"You guys will play hide-and-go-seek," Mobleu informed in a sullen voice.
"A game?" Randy asked, he was a hide and go seek type of person.
"You will have to find me in this forest, go past a river you went to far, everyone know how to play?" Mobleu asked.
Everyone nodded their heads and Mobleu disappeared in a mirage way. They all started to look for him, in the trees, in bushes, and under water. Danielle rode on Nagamay to check the if he was in the trees. Sean looked under the water with Razak. Randy looked with Janimba in the bushes.
"10 more minutes to find me," Mobleu said, but no one knew where the voice came from.
"Where is he? I didn't know we had a time limit," Danielle yelled.
They looked more frantically and everywhere.
"Mobleu sir, will you come out please?" Janimba asked.
"Why yes," Mobleu answered as he appeared.
"I found him," Janimba bellowed.
Everyone followed the sound of Janimba's voice and saw Mobleu next to the elephant.
"Where were you?" Razak asked.
"Here, invisible," Mobleu answered, "all you had to do was ask," Mobleu said.
"We are done for today, tomorrow starts our real training," Mobleu informed.
They all went back to the RAFT.

*

"Hello, young rookies," Quancily greeted, "your task for today is that you will be taking a test that I have made up, you all must get a 100% on it."
"I hate tests," Greg complained.
"If one of you fails, then you all do," Quancily informed.
Everyone glared at Greg.
"Okay, here are your tests," Quancily said as he handed them this huge packet.
"1 hour to do this test," Quancily informed, "begin."
They immediately took their pencils and started scribbling their answers down. Greg looked like he was having some trouble with the questions, Stephanie struggled a little, and Henry finished his test rather quickly.
"Do not cheat, and 30 minutes left," Quancily informed taking up Henry's test.
Stephanie finished at the halfway mark.
"1 minute left," Quancily said to Greg. At that moment Greg finished and gave it to Quancily.
"Thank you, everyone can go back to the RAFT now," Quancily ordered.
Sign up to rate and review this story