Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Happy Accidents

Chapter Five

by duckapple 5 reviews

This is so long overdue, does anyone even remember it?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-03-18 - Updated: 2007-03-18 - 427 words

0Unrated
Chapter Five

Peter was sure that Natalie would be waiting with Elizabeth when he got back, and that the whole thing will have already blown up in his face. He let out a shaky breath as he boarded the elevator and resisted the urge to call Patrick. He was almost sure he manage this on his own, but lying to himself was never something he was ever really any good at.
Lying to others, he was that much worse.

The ding of the elevator hitting his floor jarred him from his thoughts. He pulled himself together as best he could and headed down the hallway in the direction of her room. Hoping against hope that he might come up with a rational explanation for his highly irrational behavior. Or, he'd just call Patrick. He was always good with rational.

By the time he reached her door all the pep talk he'd had with himself was deflated and he hung back in the doorway. Eliza looked up when the footsteps stopped. All hospital hallways echo, even the quietest walkers could be heard half a hall away. Peter Wentz, in her opinion, was not a quiet walker. She'd recognizes his footsteps five rooms back. And she knew he was just out of sight behind the heavy oak door. She set aside her game of solitaire and turned her gaze back to the door.

"I know you're out there, might as well come in."

Peter stopped mid pace, she was on to him. He knew it. He wasn't sure how, but he was sure this girl could see straight through him. In the hours he'd known her he'd never felt so transparent in his entire existence. He barely noticed himself entering the small white room and it wasn't until he heard her clear her throat that he looked up to meet her eyes.

" I see you found the place, did Nat give you any trouble?" She asked gesturing toward the grease stained paper bag that was clutched in his left hand.

He didn't respond, simply setting the bag on the tray table before her. He resumed his pace at the edge of her bed as she began to eat the contents of the bag.

"Would you stop that," She said after swallowing a mouthful of burger, "You're making me nervous."

"Sorry," He said with a nod slowing his pace to a stop.

She eyed him closely as she finished her meal. Something was going on in that head of his, what she wasn't sure but she aimed to find out.
Sign up to rate and review this story