Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > I've already given up on myself twice

Party's are only fun when Petey's about

by sillyperson 6 reviews

This chap is set like 5 years later wen there 23 so its in the future future if that makes sense lol well enjoy :p

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-03-19 - Updated: 2007-03-19 - 2294 words

1Exciting
Okay this story is now set four years in the future, Brendon and Elspeth haven't spoken since that day in the chapter before this. Elspeth lives with Pete and works for his record label. Things may get interesting...let's see.

Elspeth's POV

"Petey make me some French toast." I moaned as I shoved Pete off the sofa. He jokily death stared me up off the floor. "No." He smirked.
"But I love your French toast, its better than that soggy excuse of what Patrick makes." I smiled while pulling him up off the floor.
"Well that's because I'm amazing in everyway." He laughed.
"Sure." I said blankly. He stared at me and pulled one of his fake hurt expressions. "Sorry Petey." I said while pulling him into a hug.
"I forgive you." He whispered into my ear. He then sat down on the sofa again. "Pete." I moaned in a whiney voice.
"Fine." He sighed and then got up and went into the kitchen. I smiled at myself and collapsed onto the sofa, he popped his head around the door and added, "Why are you sitting down? You're helping me." He then went back into the kitchen I rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen. "You don't regret asking me to live with you do you?" I asked while cracking the eggs.
"No! Not what one bit...I warn you though I like to party." He smirked.
"Well I don't mind a party." I smirked back. Pete grabbed the TV remote and flicked on mtv. "Ooo panic is on." He said as he stared at the video on the screen. I rolled my eyes and carried on whisking the eggs. "When was the last time you saw Brendon?" Pete asked caringly.
"I dunno when I was eighteen, now I'm twenty three so five years." I said blankly.
"Oh right then...long time no see." He smiled, I hadn't seen Brendon for so long so I was unsure if I liked him or even hated him. As me and Pete made the French toast I heard the doorbell go. "I'll go." I shouted as I ran out the kitchen.
"Any excuse!" Pete shouted back. I walked up to the door and opened it expecting it to be one of Fallout boy. But it wasn't as soon as the person on the other side of the door saw me they flung there arms around me. "It's great to see you." I whispered in his ear.
"Same here." He replied. I heard footsteps come from behind and I soon let go of him. "Ryro!" Pete screamed as he flung his arms around Ryan.
"It's nice to see you too Petey." Ryan said while blushing slightly. We all made ourselves comfortable on the sofa and spoke about how our lives were going. "Drinks anyone?" Pete asked.
"The usual Petey." I said first.
"I'll just have some orange juice." Ryan smiled. Pete nodded and left the room leaving me and Ryan to talk. "Its really good to see you." I said. I couldn't help but smile at him.
"Yeah you too, its bad we lost touch...I would of thought you and Hayley would have kept some?" He asked curiously.
"Well we did but with my job I kinda lost the things I cared about...well except for Pete." I said while feeling my heart sink. Why did I have to break up with Brendon? He is the only thing I want...and now the only thing I can't have.
"Are you and Pete together or something?" He asked while raising his eyebrow.
"No, no, no...just room mates." I smirked he returned the gesture.
"So what brings you here Ryro?" Pete chimed in, carrying a tray of drinks.
"Oh well I've been sent by Spencer." He said openly.
"Okay...why?" Pete said while taking a swig of beer.
"He's throwing a party tonight for no apparent reason what so ever, and he wanted to know if you wanted to come?" He said nervously, he always seemed nervous when he asked things, even when I knew him when I was back in high school.
"Sure." Pete said simply, "Will I need a date?" He added raising his eyebrows.
"Up to you I suppose." Ryan mumbled.
"Hmmm yes then! Oh Elspeth?" Pete smirked.
"If I must." I sighed. Pete smiled at me and came over and pulled me into a hug. "It'll be like a get together, you, me, Spencer and Brendon." Ryan smiled as he watched Pete and me continue to hug each other. My body froze and I instantly spoke, "I'm not going." I said with a sense of anxiety in my tone.
"What why?" Pete said caringly while he put his hands firmly on my shoulders.
"Because I haven't seen Brendon since he was that nerd that I fell in love with...now he's a big shot he's gonna think I'm a right loser." I moaned quietly.
"Elspeth you're not a loser, you live with Pete Wentz for fucks sake." Ryan laughed. I scowled at him jokily and he pretended to be scared.
"Look if it makes you feel any better, I'll make it look like I really like you." Pete said while staring deeply into my eyes.
"You don't need to make it look like that." Ryan mumbled.
"Shut up Ryan." I said minimally.
"No I'm just going to be me, we're going to just be friends, and we're going to enjoy this party like we do with every other one." I smirked.
"Good." Pete said while placing a kiss on my cheek, he didn't normally do that, well apart from when we had spray can wars.
"I'm gonna get going now, the party's at Spencer's apartment, you guys know where that is right?" Ryan said while getting up.
"Yeaaah!" Pete cried. Ryan smiled at the two of us then gave Pete and me a hug. Pete smiled softly at me as Ryan left the room; Pete had been acting weirdly with me, less jokey than usual. More serious and making sure I was okay...it was nice but weird. I sniffed the air and all I could smell was smoke.
"Fuck!" I cried.
"Fuck what?" Pete asked curiously.
"The fucking toast that's what." I said quickly as I raced into the kitchen.

Later that night at Spencer's apartment

Pete and I walked up the steps to Spencer's apartment; my stomach was twisted in knots. "Pete do we have to do this?" I moaned.
"Look just think of it as just another party, and imagine Brendon is someone you don't know...in fact just imagine he's not there at all." Pete said while pressing the button to call the lift.
"It's not as easy as that." I mumbled, but still Pete heard me.
"Look he probably won't even talk to you, even if he does it won't be interesting. I mean every time I've seen him recently he's had his fiancé attached to his hip...I would of gone crazy by now." He smirked as we entered the elevator.
"Is she the clingy type?" I asked while raising my eyebrow.
"Hell yeah." He said simply. I could feel my heart racing in my chest as the elevator slowed down. "You can do this." I muttered. God Elspeth you're only going to a party not bungee jumping. I felt Pete's hand interlock with mine, I looked at him and smiled nervously, he returned the gesture but with more of a comforting smile. The door opened and I suddenly felt in a comfortable environment as Pete and me walked into the room hand-in-hand. I heard a glass drop behind me. "Elspeth!" Hayley said in a high-pitched voice. I let go of Pete's hand and pulled her into a hug, which lasted for quite a while. "It's so good to see you, I missed you so much." She whispered in my ear.
"Not too bad to see you either." I whispered back. I soon felt another person's arms wrap around me. "Elspeth." Spencer said happily.
"Okay, okay its great to see you guys too." I said while feeling my cheeks go red. They both let go of me and Spencer wrapped his arm around Hayley's waist. I can't believe they've been together all this time. "So what's this party for exactly?" I asked.
"Nothing in particular...erm a get together?" Spencer grinned. I felt an arm wrap around me it was Pete. "We need beer." I could feel his hot breathe in my ear. "Lets get some now." He whined seductively. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, "Be back in a minute...have to get something to enhance the experience." I giggled as Pete breathed in my ear. We walked off to the drinks; it was weird ever since we'd got here Pete had been all over me, like I was his girlfriend. He picked up two beers and passed one to me. "Erm Pete are you feeling okay?" I mumbled.
"Yeah...never better." He said happily. I nodded my head and then froze as I saw Brendon enter the room with a brunette attached to his arm. "Fuck." I mumbled. Pete rolled his eyes and knotted his fingers through mine and dragged me over towards him. "What are you doing?" I moaned at him, while smiling making it look like everything was okay, it was far from that really.
"Look if we do this now then it won't be awkward." He whispered back to me. The look on Brendon's face was priceless, I don't if he was pleased to see me or just didn't want to know. "Brenny bear." Pete said openly. "You okay?" He added. He didn't say anything for a while he just stared at me like I was an alien object. Pete waved his hand in front of Brendon's face and he soon answered. "Oh yeah...I'm great...sorry we're great." He smirked trying to ignore me, fucking Brendon Urie. "Hey Spencer!" Brendon called, "See you later Pete, and come on baby." He said as he walked with his arm around his fiancé. "He completely ignored me." I said. I could feel the tears building up waiting to be let out.
"Look he's just acting like a dick cuz he's with Fiona, don't worry about it. He's not worth the tears." Pete said gazing my eyes."
"I suppose so, anyway I got my Peter Wabbit." I said jokily.
"You do. " He said seriously, although there were people about I could see his lips getting closer to mine I wanted to kiss him, but what if Brendon saw? Oh what the fuck he completely ignored me. His lips collided with mine and I saw Patrick walk past and stop speechlessly. He took his lips away and whispered, "You do have me." His words melted my heart.
"Pete? I thought? You two? No way!" Patrick stuttered.
"Nah we're not...just thought Elspeth needed a pick me up." He smirked.
"Riiiight." Patrick said while looking at us weirdly. He then walked off and joked about with Jon and his girlfriend.

The evening went on and I'd occasionally glance over to Brendon who I knew couldn't stop staring at Pete and me. "Hey Elspeth." Ryan said as he sat down next to me on the sofa.
"Hey Ryro." I said while taking a swig of my beer.
"How many have you had?" He gasped as he saw bottles surrounding me on the floor.
"Oh no don't worry I've only had three bottles but I feel kinda ill so I'm going to go outside." I said while stuttering to my feet and walking out onto the empty balcony that was in Spencer's guest's room. I stared out onto the horizon, the city staring at me. I'd never dreamt I'd be living this lifestyle when I was a kid. I heard the door open behind me, I didn't bother turning around since I knew who it was. I could feel their minty breath in my ear as they stood behind me. "I swear I'll burn the city down to show the lights." He whispered gently into my ear while wrapping his arm loosely around my waist. "Oh so now you wanna talk to me." I said sternly.
"I'm sorry." He said sheepishly. I didn't bother to answer cuz I didn't want to fuck this up and I knew I'd end up saying something stupid. "I would have said something to you but I was kinda in shock." He said turning his head and resting it on my bare shoulder.
"Better be careful Brendon...your girlfriend might catch you." I said coldly.
"Don't be like that." He said softly. I rolled my eyes and stared out onto the horizon I had so much in my head. I don't have a clue what to say to him, I mean he's engaged and he's got his arm wrapped around my waist. "Brendon why are you doing this?" I asked still staring into the horizon.
"Doing what?" He asked seriously. I sighed and span around I surprised him and he placed his hand on the bars of the balcony so our waists were touching. He stared deeply into my eyes and smiled nervously. "This." I said while trying not to look at him.
"I'm not doing anything." He gasped jokily. I laughed slightly and then the anxiety came on. He smiled casually at me and weirdly knelt in and tried to place a kiss on my lips until we both heard the door open.

What do you think?? Should I update or not? im not sure but i prob will but i just wanna hear wat u guys think thanks...oh and thanks for all the reviews so far, they really help =]
Sign up to rate and review this story