Categories > Games > Dead Or Alive > Ryu vs Murai: The Final Bout

Chapter 3

by Scrooge 0 reviews

Ryu learns Murai has survived their battle on the Vigoor Empire. He learns Murai has joined forces with Donovan and DOATEC experiments. Ryu must now stop Murai, before he and DOATEC release a horde...

Category: Dead Or Alive - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2005-10-05 - Updated: 2005-10-05 - 1174 words

0Unrated
Ryu vs Murai pt. 3 of 5

"Rachael, what is it?" Kasumi asked when she noticed the expression of Rachael still struck in shock when she saw the blade in Murai's hand.

"That's the Dark Dragon Blade he is holding." She said in memorization. "The very blade Ryu made powerful when on Vigoor Empire. And the very blade I swear he destroyed after he defeated Murai."

Meanwhile on the battlefield the tension between the two characters grew. Ryu had an exhausted and anger of boiling conditions on his face. While Murai just simply smiled, twirling the large and heavy blade in his hands as if it was light as a feather.

Finally, Murai impatience got the better of him. "It's time to end this." He said as he tossed his weapon into the air, catching it by the handle and charged at Ryu.

Murai used the same ghosting techniques, but this time Ryu was prepared. As quick as the fiend was Ryu saw the attacks coming and blocked each powerful attack with his blade.

The small audience was struck in eye-opening shock as they witnessed Ryu's incredible reflexes. "How did he become so fast?" Ayane asked.

"It's the Dragon's Eye. When Ryu holds it, he too becomes stronger." Rachael explained.

Then Hayate spoke in the background. "But will he be strong enough?"

Ryu began attacks of his own. He wasn't nearly as fast as Murai, and didn't have the same ghosting techniques, but that didn't stop Ryu to use his sword like he never used it before. Unfortunately, no matter what swing he took, Murai proved to be supreme, by blocking each attack. Murai even taunted Ryu with laughs as Ryu struggled and fought to give his enemy at least one blow.

His attacks ended when Ryu swung his sword at Murai. The swing was quick that even surprised Murai. Murai had no time to block it with his sword, so his second instinct kicked in as he grabbed the blade with his own hand.

When the sword made contact with his hand, it sounded is if the blade clanged against a pole of steel. Both of the fighters eyes were wide. Both were shocked for the same reason as the other.

How was he able to merely catch the blade with his bare hand? Murai shocked eyes soon turned devious as he pushed the blade away and gave Ryu a hard kick to his gut.

Ryu fell back but assured himself not to fall down to the ground again. He looked at Murai with sweat dripping down his face.

Murai smiled. "Say it." Ryu still kept quiet. "Say 'I'm more powerful than you'." A stern look fell on his face. "You are no longer in my league, Ryu. I am stronger than before and you are no match for my abilities." Ryu then saw the Dark Dragon Blade begin to glow. "Say that I'm more power than you and I may have mercy on you."

"Okay." Ryu said. "I'll admit it." Murai smiled as he awaited the words as Ryu said them exactly. "I'm more powerful than you."

This angered Murai as he charged with the sword. He ghosted quickly towards Ryu. Ryu rolled under the sword attack and leg swept the monster onto his back. He wanted to deliver the final blow and striking him while on the ground, but Murai blocked his attack with his sword. He used his strength and pushed Ryu away and quickly composed himself to his feet. Ryu then ran with another strike, but Murai blocked it. But when the swords clinged together they both stood staring into each others eyes holding their sword against the other's.

They were now in a battle of strength.

First, Murai began to intimidate Ryu. "You actually think you're stronger than me?" He said as pushed harder against Ryu. "What in the world would make you think you are as nearly as powerful as me?" He continued as he pushed against his opponent. Ryu was leaning further back but was struggling to hold his balance. "Remember this Ryu Hayabusa. You are nothing. And you will die."

He finished and to his surprise and others, Ryu was beginning to push back against Murai. Ryu used all of his might and energy to push against the foe. He adjusted his leg to give himself more momentum. He cried out his battle yell as Murai's eyes be wide as he was shocked to see the unannounced power of the ninja. But Murai was determined and applied more forced. He pushed harder against Ryu, but it wasn't enough. Somehow Ryu was slowly able to overpower his enemy.

"How is he doing that? Is that the Dragon Eye?" Hayate asked Rachael.

Rachael was in the same shock as Hayate and even Murai. "I-I don't know." Even her voice trembled.

Soon it was Murai that almost lost his balance. Murai used all of his might to push Ryu away and now the two stood staring from a short distance.

"How did you do that?" Murai asked coldly but Ryu remained silent. He seemed more exhausted than before but he never released the Dragon Sword from his hands. Murai knew that somehow Ryu was getting his power. He knew he had to end it quick before Ryu's true ability came.

He tossed his sword in the air again and once again catching it by the handle. "Fine then, don't talk." He charged at Ryu, as Ryu was ready for his attacks.

Ryu was able to block everything that was being thrown at him even at Murai's incredible speed and ghosting tactics. But just as Murai expected, Ryu was becoming too exhausted to continue.

Murai struck a hard blow, and though Ryu was able to block it, the strength from the blow knocked the sword out of his hand leaving him open for an attack. With the Dark Dragon Blade, Murai then struck Ryu downwards, cutting his chest. Ryu turned from the attack with a plan to fall on his stomach and Murai took advantage of his second opportunity and struck upward slashing the back of his opponent. Even before Ryu was about to fall Murai grabbed the clothing of Ryu and ripped it off of him, then allowed for his opponent to fall topless to the ground.

"NO! RYU!" Kasumi yelled out to her fallen companion.

"Kasumi, no!" Hayate grabbed and stopped her.

"No Hayate, no." Her hands pounded on her sibling's chest. "I will not watch him die." She said as she began to cry in her brother's arms. "I will not watch him die." She repeated sobbing.

Ayane saw the reactions of the shinobi and for once, she had compassion for her. She looked to the battlefield. First, at the outcome of her former teacher. Then, at her leader and partly friend. Only one had the intentions of a true ninja. And it definitely wasn't Murai. "Please Ryu, get up." She whispered to herself.

Murai stood over his fallen victim with sword in hand. "Your death draws nigh."

Sign up to rate and review this story