Categories > Games > Dead Or Alive > Ryu vs Murai: The Final Bout

End Credits

by Scrooge 0 reviews

Ryu learns Murai has survived their battle on the Vigoor Empire. He learns Murai has joined forces with Donovan and DOATEC experiments. Ryu must now stop Murai, before he and DOATEC release a horde...

Category: Dead Or Alive - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2005-10-05 - Updated: 2005-10-05 - 1839 words

0Unrated
Ryu vs Murai - End Credits
The DOA RPG Backstory


Protagonists:
Ryu - Set off to search for Hayate who has, once again, been captured by captured by DOATEC
Hayate - Captured by DOATEC while on another soul-searching mission, concerning Kasumi, to decide if he should put family or The Code first.
Kasumi - Unknowing as to why her brother searches for her again, she assists Ryu in finding him.
Ayane - Using the excuse of searching for Hayate, Ayane still uses her instincts to kill Kasumi by any means.
Rachael - She learns and tells Ryu of Murai's survival. Unfortunately, she doesn't know how much she played in a masterminded project.


Antagonist:
Donovan - Mastermind behind the entire DOATEC/Murai operation. Goal: Money & Power.
Murai - Surviving his first battle on Vigoor Empire, Murai uses the power from the deaths of the Kasumi-X2 clones, to become even more powerful in his battle against Ryu.
Lisa - Donovan's personal assistant and research analyst.
Matthew - Donovan's personal assistant and secretary.
Kasumi-X2 - Successfully injected a test amount of fiend hunter's, Rachael's, blood, Project Alpha's Kasumi clone has been upgraded.
Ein Clones - ???


Storyline:
Hayate is missing again in search for Kasumi. Through the assistance of Ayane, Kasumi, and Rachael, Ryu finds his friend captured in DOATEC, only to find out that Donovan has been busy planning a mastermind operation to gain even more of what he already has. He has upgraded his Project Alpha's Kasumi clones, as well as, using their deaths performed by the interfering ninjas, to fuel Murai's power.


Timeline:
The original RPG started before the DOA4 concepts & screenshots were presented to the public. In fact, the RPG went dead, before Team Ninja presented it to us their DOA4 concept. So with no direction, we created an original story that took place after DOA3 and on the brink of the beginning tournament of DOA4.


Special Thanks:
SugoiByoshin - Writer/Proofreader. Here's a great writer as well. Be sure to check out his stories on this site. And a pretty cool dude on the Xbox forum boards. Even if he still doesn't want to admit Ayane is the best. :P

Aree - Proofreader/Editor. This is my true babygirl. Ayane is my girl only when the Xbox is turned on, but my girl.....no let me rephrase that....MY WOMAN, takes good care of her man. I love you, boo.

dark_angel - Writer/Proofreader. Don't tell anyone this, but besides me, this was the only good writer on the original RPG. This person played Rachael and Lisa (I think).


Excerpt from the DOA RPG that explains Donovan's "mastermind" plan and Murai's involvement in it (written by yours truly):

The three turned and saw a man in a black trenchcoat. Standing next to him was a Kasumi clone, who was wearing a pair of dark shades.

"Welcome to DOATEC, visitors." The man said.

Kasumi eyebrow arched downward as she immediately recognized his face. "Donovan."

"Oh great, " Donovan said with sarcasm. "Now you went and ruined my introduction."

"So you're the almighty Donovan?" Ryu rhetorically asked. "The shameless man that never shows his face at his own events. What are you afraid of?"

This made Donovan laugh. "You would be the one to speak of not showing faces." He pointed out. "You're the only one of all of us wearing a mask."

Ryu itched with anger but stayed calm. "Why are you sending your clones after us?"

Donovan relaxed and leaned against the wall. "So many answers for such a simple question." He paused and thought. "To sum it all up in one word: Money."

He continued. "You see Ryu, it all began years ago since the second DOA tournament when the honorable Fame Douglas left us and I was left to take over. I told myself if I wanted to take things to new heights, I had to think bigger than Fame Douglas." He looked at Ryu. "You have been a participant of all 3 previous DOA tournaments. And tell me, thanks to me, what other tournament has as much as a dramatic influence than any other tournament on the face of this planet?" After seeing Ryu was not obliging to answer, Donovan continued. "None." He smiled. "Thanks to me, and only me, I have broaden this tournament to new heights, but yet it still wasn't enough for me. I felt 'Dead Or Alive' could be even bigger." He then looked at Kasumi. "That's where you come in."

"What do you mean?" Kasumi asked with disgust on her face.

"After the 1st tournament when I learned of victory over Raidou, I knew you had to be a powerful human being to undergo such a task and survive." He paused. "That is why I captured you. That is why I studied you." He pointed at his Kasumi clone. "That is why I cloned you." The clone then gave the three a hateful smile.

"The problem is, " said Donovan. "the clone was not powerful enough. I could see it in their training, that they didn't posses the same knowledge, the same strength, the same know-how as the original Kasumi." He lowered his head. "That is when I thought Kasumi-X was a failure and for a brief moment, the project was suspended."

An evil smile came back across his face. "That's when I learned about the adventures of Ryu Hayabusa. The great ninja avenging the death of his clan with the assistance of a fiend-hunting warrior, whom goes by the name of Rachael."

Rachael then looked concerned of how he knew who she was. "I know all about you now Rachael. A human being with the blood of the fiends traveling through your veins. I have never seen you in my life, but I was already attracted to you when I learned about this."

He looked back at Ryu. "So why did I send my clones after you, Ryu?" Then back at Rachael. "For her."

He continued. "I figured that just sample, even a speck, of the rare blood of a human like you, I could develop an upgrade to my army, to where hopefully, not only is Kasumi-X as powerful as the original, but hopefully more deadly." He paused again. "I'm glad to say the experiment was a success."

Rachael asked. "Wait, a minute. How did you get my blood?"

"Think for a minute, Rachael." Donovan said. "When was the last time you drew blood at the hands of my clones?"

Rachael's eyes grew as she remembered the Kasumi clone punching and busting her lips, but only draw a little blood. Donovan then continued on, "There so many DNA particles in one little speck of blood. That sample my clone gave me, proved to be more than enough to duplicate your extraordinary and complex configurations."

Rachael clenched her teeth, but Donovan wasn't done yet. "I would like for you all to meet the clone that has provided me with sample, to develop the Kasumi-X2. This is the same clone that drew Rachael's blood and the same clone that was first to be experimented on." Donovan looked at his clone. "Introduce yourself, Kasumi."

The clone walked to the banister of the stairwell with the same deceitful smile. She placed her hands on her shades and slowly removed them. Her eyes were closed, but when she opened them they were a slight glow of red. This didn't frighten the three heroes, but it did disturb them.

Donovan smile was practically ear-to-ear when he saw their expression. "I had that exact same look when I saw those eyes. And believe me, her eyes is not the only surprise of my upgrade. The combined blood of a cunning ninja and powerful hunter my upgrade has become a fighter of all fighters." He paused. "But do not take me for a fool, Ryu. There are many more of my upgrades being processed this very second. In a matter of minutes, I will have an entire army of Kasumi-X upgrades ready to rule this planet."

"So your true aim is ruling the planet? What happened to money?" Ryu asked his blood began boil.

"That is what the next DOA tournament is all about. Think about it. DOATEC vs the World. My Kasumi upgrades will fight in the tournament against all of the strongest fighters in the world. Everyone would pay to see the fate of their lives. Wouldn't you?" He smerked. "And then with the strongest fighters out of the way, world domination will be simple as I begin to export my army over all of the nations."

Ryu yelled out. "I WILL NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!!" He pulled out his Dragon Sword.

"It's too late, Ryu. The process has already started. I am sitting on a win/win goldmine." He chuckled. "Even if you and the DOA fighters are able to somehow defeat my clones, I made sure that I would still receive my reward in some way." He looked closely at Ryu. "Ryu, how do you think I know about your adventures to Vigoor Empire? How do you think I know about Rachael? How do you think I know so much about your past?"

"Where is he?"

Just then Murai, the Dark Disciple emerged from the shadows behind them. He was in his human form with his long white hair resting on his shoulders. His look was of pure evil as he stared at Ryu with nothing but anger in his eyes. Ryu gave Murai the same look. Though Murai was in human form, Ryu could feel the intensity of the evil laying inside of him. He gripped his Dragon Sword tighter.

"Can't you just feel the tension?" Donovan continued with his sarcastic interruption. "Now do you see what I mean, Ryu? Even if you are able to kill my powerful upgrades, can you imagine the amount power you and other fighters will be giving to this man?" He looked at Kasumi. "Kasumi, you never had the pleasure. I would like you to meet the 'Dead Or Alive 4' Tournament Leader, Murai."

Ryu kept his eyes focused on Murai as Murai did the same with Ryu. Though no words were exchanged, it was easily said in their body language, "Not if I kill you first." Donovan noticed the exchanged looks and was pleased with his progress. "Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?" He said just before his cell phone rang. Donovan gave a quick look at the phone then stated. "Sorry guys we must be leaving. The clones are finished processing, but I do hope to see you all in the tournament tomorrow. I know I can't wait to see the outcome of this event."

"MURAI!!!" Ryu yelled as Murai turned back to give Ryu one final stare. "This time I will make sure you're dead."

This angered him as Murai's hand began to glow, but Donovan quickly stopped him. "Whoa, wait Murai. Not here, not now. You will have your day. The day where you are more powerful then even you can imagine." He looked at Ryu with a smirk. "You will have your victim, Murai."

Sign up to rate and review this story