Categories > Games > Dead Or Alive > Ryu vs Murai: The Final Bout

Chapter 5

by Scrooge 0 reviews

Ryu learns Murai has survived their battle on the Vigoor Empire. He learns Murai has joined forces with Donovan and DOATEC experiments. Ryu must now stop Murai, before he and DOATEC release a horde...

Category: Dead Or Alive - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2005-10-05 - Updated: 2005-10-05 - 1379 words

0Unrated
Ryu vs Murai pt. 5 of 5

The fierce winds elevated Ryu's long hair in the wind. From the strength of the winds, little rocks began to lift off the ground and slung in Ryu's direction. With swiftness, Ryu blocked each pebble with his sword. He looked up at Murai who was still hovering. Murai looked as if he was lost in his own world and a swirl of wind surrounded him.

The scarred Ryu wasted no more time as he used his ninja ability to jump towards Murai even at his great height with sword in hand. He raised the Dragon Sword wanting to end Murai's havoc, but to no avail. As soon as he was close to Murai, another wind burst blew Ryu away and back to the ground.

"Just great" he said to himself. "Now I can't even get in close."

Murai started to use his dark magic to begin his attack. At the wave of his hand, a large piece of the arena's earth was lifted as a crater remained in its place. Then for the first time, the monster looked at Ryu and yelled. "I WILL NOT LOSE!" in a horrible roaring and changed voice.

Suddenly, the large boulder made up of the earth was sent charging at Ryu. Ryu managed to dodge it, but that didn't stop the large rock from continuing its path as it headed for the observers behind him. Ryu turned and yelled. "WATCH OUT!"

Hayate already saw the piece of the earth coming at them, "MOVE!" He yelled as he grabbed his sister and jumped away from the object's path.

Ayane and Rachael quickly did the same, but the guard that was left standing there wasn't so lucky. The boulder not only hit the stand-by, but also carried the now-dead body crashing the coliseum walls.

"LOOK OUT!" Ryu heard a voice as he was busy witnessing the tragic event. When he snapped his neck in Murai's direction he only saw another large piece of the earth coming straight at him. With his sword in hand, he quickly sliced the large rock upwards then sideways and the rock split into four pieces. It continued its path, but the pieces just went around Ryu.

He yelled. "MURAI, YOU'RE GOING TO KILL US ALL!"

The monster ignored the ninja's plea, as he picked up another piece of the earth and sent it in Ryu's direction. Ryu stood and waited for the right moment. When his timing was correct, Ryu jumped on top of the boulder, and then made another leap toward his enemy. He threw many shurikens as he flew threw the air, still with his sword in hand.

The small weapons made contact and stuck to Murai's body, but it seemed as if the small pieces of metal did not wound him at all. But when Ryu came close to the monster, once again, a wind burst blew him away. Ryu managed to land on his feet, but not safely as he fell into a crouching position feeling a sharp painful sensation in his left knee. He gripped it in pain and snapped his neck up back in Murai's direction who was only planning on another piece of the earth to lunge at him.

"What can I do?" Ryu asked himself staring at the monster lifting another piece of the earth's ground.

Ryu quietly thought to himself holding his Dragon Sword in hand. He looked at the elevating monster lifting a huge piece of the ground higher into the air, that's when he noticed it. Murai would not let him get close, but the shurikens still stuck to his body. He gave his sword a glance, "What if...?" he asked himself.

Completely exhausted, the ninja readied his sword and stayed in his crouching position. "Please let this work." He prayed to himself.

Murai threw the boulder at his foe again. When Ryu saw the earth coming at him, he yelled out, "DIE!" And slung his sword as hard as he could at the rock.

The sword twirled heading for the rock as Ryu and the other ninjas looked on. Gratefully, the sword tore and slashed through the hard piece of mass, Ryu dodged and rolled out of the way from the remains that were coming his way. He looked up and saw the sword still twirling in Murai's direction. Finally, its journey ended when the blade, maneuverably, slid into the heart of the monster.

Suddenly, the wind slowed. It kept Ryu's hair elevated but it was no longer near as fierce as before. The sky stayed dark as the monster began making its fall to the ground. Murai landed on his knees, refusing to fall to death. He stood looking at the embedded sword; he reached for it to pull it out.

Quickly and ignoring his pains, aches, and wounds, Ryu stood and ran at his enemy with a loud battle yell. Ryu kept the monster from removing the sword and pushed it even deeper and now even through Murai's body. Murai yelled out in pain as he raised his clawed fist and punched Ryu hard away from him.

Ryu's body rolled from the strong attack. When he looked up, his face was now bloody from the claws of the monster. Instead of checking his wound, Ryu stood and ran at Murai again. Pushing and now twisting the sword in his enemy's body. "DIE!" He yelled out along with his battle cry. Murai cried out in pain again as he used his same tactic and delivered another hard punch to his adversary.

Ryu rolled again, now with the other side of his face bloody from the claws. This still did not stop him. He stood and ran at the monster yet again. Pushing and twisting the sword even more. "WHY WON'T YOU DIE!" He yelled as Murai coughed up blood which splattered on Ryu's own face. Then Murai began slowly began to lose his balance as Ryu forced his enemy down to the ground. He continued twisting the sword back and forth wanting to make the hole in Murai's heart even bigger. Finally, the blade poking out from Murai's back began to touch and dig into the dirt ground. Soon enough, Murai was flat on his back with Ryu kneeling over him never letting go of the sword. Ryu looked into the eyes of his enemy with complete anger and rage as he could tell by the agonizing look on Murai's face that the end was near.

"DIE!" Ryu yelled out again. Still gripping and pushing the sword.

Soon afterwards, Murai's body fell flat to the surface. But Ryu was still gripping, pushing, and twisting the sword into the heart of the dead corpse. Still whispering to himself. "Why won't you die?" Soon enough, Ryu stood, leaving the sword inside of the monster. He saw Murai's fingers flinching. He knew he was still alive even after all of this pain and torture.

"I told you I would make sure you're dead." Ryu calmly said as he removed the sword from the body, he even heard from the monster give a painful grunt as it slid out of his heart. He then placed his foot on Murai's forehead. "And this time, I intend to keep my word." Ryu raised his sword to finally deliver the final blow.

But before it could happen, Murai's dark eyes popped open, "RYU!" He yelled.

But it was too late; Ryu slashed his sword down as quickly as he could. Cutting completely through the neck of his foe and removing the head from the body. Ryu held his position for a quick second before standing to his full height and watching a pool of blood form around the dead fiend's body. He slightly kicked the decapitated head away from the body and then soaked in his victory. Murai was finally dead.

Suddenly, all the pains, wounds, injuries, exhaustion, and loss of blood, finally came over the drained ninja as Ryu collapsed over the dead monster. Before he passed out, he looked at the decapitated head and saw the eyes opened in shock as if Murai was still watching him.

He closed his eyes and whispered before he went into his own state of unconsciousness, "All I wanted was peace."
Sign up to rate and review this story