Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Military Gee

Is this my life forever?

by GreenDayNinja 4 reviews

Rachel wants her life back...with Gerard in it.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-03-19 - Updated: 2007-03-20 - 552 words

1Original
The last time Rachel saw Gerard was six years ago.All she remembers was her father, Gerard, hugging her mother, Helena Way, and Rachel good-bye and the group was all crying. Although she was seven years old at the time she didn't understand what was going on. As she got older she started to realize what had happened. Gerard had gone to join the military and fight in the war. After she found out she hoped he would come home soom, for her her and her mother's sake. Her mother never dared to say a word about it. She thought Rachel understood all about the war and where her father was, and she didnt want to here more about it.Yet that wasn't the case, Rachel wanted to talk about it so badly, but had no one to talk to. After all, it would break her mothers heart to start talking about it, especially when no one knew if he was dead or alive. They got letters ocasionally from him asking about Rachel, telling them about the food they had that day, and just normal things as if he were just on a vacation. But everyone knew he wasn't; everyone worried day and night. Worrying if he had enough food for dinner that night, just little things like that.


That was the past, Rachel was now 12 and knew everything there was to know about the military. She wrote letters to her father showing off her knowledge of the military. Her father was so proud of her and couldn't wait to see her again. Oh, the things he would do to see her. That made Rachel feel so good. It was like the two were best friends not father and daughter. The closer they became Rachel started to think about him coming home. She couldn't wait to see him, and she knew he wanted to see his beautiful, young lady. Sooner or later she thought 'sooner or later' he would come home.

Rachel always got up early on mail day so she could get the mail and see if they got anything from Gerard before her mom. This time there was a little brown note in a crumpled envelope. She read the letter as she walked back up the stairs to her room. It read:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My dearest Family,
I am here in the base. I am safe as could be, so don't be worrying about me. How are you? How is Rachel? Is she still the beautiful young lady I remember before I left? I can't wait to see her and you Helena...I can't forget about you, my love. Well. Im sorry but i have to go now. I will write again as soon as I get a chance.

I love you all, Gerard Way
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That Year On Christmas Day
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


As soon as she heard the door slam she ran to the big, picture window in the living room. There he was; her father, Gerard Way, standing in the white snow with a bag in each arm. Rachel ran into the kitchen where her mother was, screaming "Dad's home! Dad's home!" Her mother ran and opened the door for him. He dropped his bags and hugged Rachel saying in a teary voice "Your more beautiful then I thought Rachel, I missed you!"
Sign up to rate and review this story