Categories > Games > Dead Or Alive > Dokugumo-Ureeru Tsurugi

Chapter 3: My Past

by Scrooge 0 reviews

Ryu is called on a mission to save a doomed village from tyranny from Ryu's rival clan, Black Spider Clan whom are searching for the evil Dokugumo Ureeru Tsurugi. [Ryu & Ayane]

Category: Dead Or Alive - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2005-10-05 - Updated: 2005-10-05 - 1504 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3 - My Past

Later that night, Ryu and Ayane closed up the shop and began to head for home.

"Hey don't worry about that old man from earlier." Ayane tried to comfort him. "He was just being a complete jerk."

"Don't worry, he has already escaped my mind." Which was false, the old man stayed in Ryu's head throughout the day. Primary the main intentions of the Black Spider Clan. What were they up to, now that they failed to retrieve the Dark Dragon Blade.

This is all what Ryu thought about on his night walk home. When he stepped inside his cottage he saw Aileen sitting in a corner hand washing clothes, and just then Ryu realized he made the right decision on declining the mission.

Aileen looked up and gave him a loving smile, "Welcome home."

Ryu smiled back as he walked over to her and bent over to kiss her. "Did you miss me?" He said right after his lips parted from hers.

"Always." She said and Ryu leaned forward for another lip embrace. "You must've had a good day at work."

Ryu smiled and sighed, he stood straight and began walking into their small kitchen and replied. "Everyday's a good day at work when I know I'm coming home to you."

"Uh oh, what happened?" Aileen sarcastically responded.

Ryu poured himself a small glass of water. "Well, I turned down another mission today."

"Did it sound serious?"

Ryu nodded.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

He nodded again.

She stopped washing the clothes and immediately took Ryu by his hand. She knew that something was emotionally troubling. She led him to a couch as they both sat down.

"Okay, talk to me."

Ryu began to explain. "Do you remember the Vigoor Empire?"

"How can I forget?"

"There was another clan fighting for the same purpose as I. They called themselves the Black Spider Clan. They were searching for the Dark Dragon Blade, as was I."

"They're up to something again, aren't they?"

Ryu nodded. "Apparently, they're making villagers slaves and have them working in caves."

"What village?" Aileen expressed her concern.

"What was the name of that village?" Ryu asked himself trying to recall the name of the village the man mentioned only once. "Mibu or Migu Village. One of the two."

"Migu Village?"

"I'm pretty sure that's it." Ryu contemplate on the old man's conversation, then confirmed. "Yes, it was. Migu Village."

Aileen sat next to Ryu in a wide eye shock as she became lost in her own daydream.

"Problem is, I have no idea what they could be searching for." Ryu finished. He looked at Aileen who still had the look of daze in her eyes. "Aileen?"

She snapped out of it. "Huh?"

"Are you okay?"

She nodded in assurance. "Yes, so why did you decline it?" She asked with more question in her tone.

Ryu arched his eyebrow in confusion. Aileen should be the first to know perfectly well why he declined the mission. "I wanted to stick with my promise, remember? No more mission."

Aileen took a deep breath. Ryu could tell she was hiding something. "You must take it."

Ryu eyes popped open. "What?"

"You must take this mission."

This left Ryu struck in confusion. This was the same woman that begged, pleaded, and promised him not to do any more missions at all. And yet, it was her that was insisting that he takes the mission.

"I know you haven't been taking missions for my sake, but this is one I want you to take." She said.

There was something about her tone that she wasn't telling Ryu. What was she hiding? "Why the sudden change of heart? Why do you want me to take this mission?"

"Please Ryu, it's just important to me."

"I don't get it, Aileen. First you beg me not to take on any missions, then you tell me that I need to take missions. Which one is it, Aileen? Am I supposed to just jump when you say so?"

"No, Ryu, it's not like that."

"Then what is it, Aileen. What makes this mission more important than all of those other missions I've been turning down over the past few weeks?"

"Ryu, it's difficult to explain."

"Then try. I need to understand what is it that's going on. Why do you have that look on your face? Why do you suddenly want me to take on a mission after so much pleading for me to cease?"

She gave a sigh looking down to the floor, quietly pondering to herself if she should reveal her secret to him or not. After a matter of seconds, she decided to inform him. "Migu Village..." She paused.

"Yes?" Ryu responded with concern in his voice.

"That's where I grew up at."

"Really?"

She nodded, "That's where my parents died, and that's why I left. It hurt too much to stay in that village without my father and mother around." She continued. "After I left, I knew it was a mistake. I left behind everyone that I knew. Friends, relatives." She looked at Ryu deep. "And now from your story, you tell me that their lives are in danger."

She gave another sigh to hold back her cries. "They hated me for leaving and I can't say that I blame them. Sometimes I just want to go to the village to make amends with everyone."

Ryu heard the seriousness in her voice.

"It was just a little time before I met you before I was able to console myself for the betrayal I did against my village."

"What betrayal?"

"The betrayal of trust. The betrayal of consideration. When my parents passed, the entire village did all they could to console me. Then I left with no word. No goodbyes. I just made myself disappear."

Ryu gave an innocent smile and wiped a tear away from Aileen's cheek. "That's all? I don't think an entire village can hate you for that?" Aileen stayed quiet. "They should understand that you were going through a tough time."

Aileen only shrugged. "I could only get the impression that they hated me." She looked up at Ryu with pleading eyes. "Please say you'll take this mission. Please, Ryu."

Ryu's mouth dropped slightly still in surprise of Aileen request, but it then transformed into a smile and he playfully said. "Okay, fine, I'll do it."

Aileen jumped into his arms and hugged him tight. "Oh thank you so much Ryu. You don't know how much you're helping me."

Ryu comforted herself as well as himself with a pleasing smile. "It's okay."

Then Aileen blurted. "Oh my, I need to get myself ready to see them again."

She jumped up and headed for the bedroom but Ryu immediately stopped with a look of confusion on his face. "Ready to see who?"

"The people at Migu Village. It's about time I reconcile with them."

"Wait, you're not going on this mission with me, if that's what you're thinking."

"What? Why not?"

"First off, the Black Spider Clan. They are too dangerous for someone like you to be out there."

"Someone like me? You taught me how to fight."

"Yes, I taught you how to fight, not how to kill. This clan is full of professional assassins."

Aileen pleaded. "Please Ryu, this is important to me."

Ryu was falling victim to her innocent face, but conscious remained firm. "I understand, which is why I agreed to take on the mission. But your suggestion of accompanying me is completely out of the question."

Aileen was persistent as she pleaded and begged more to her lover. "Please Ryu, I promise to stay out of the way, especially when danger is near."

"You may try to stay out of the way, but this clan will do what they can to put you in the way. Absolutely not, Aileen." Ryu demanded. "I'll do what I can to make sure your village is safe and deliver your message to them."

"That won't be enough Ryu, I need to see them."

"Sorry, Aileen. There is no more discussion on this. I will not risk your life nor mine in an attempt to keep you safe among the great numbers of the Black Spider Clan."

Aileen pouted, but she was not upset. Well, she was partly upset. Ryu was keeping her from re-visiting old friends and relatives of her childhood village. She, honestly, didn't expect Ryu to hold her back from her own emotional settlement. Though he made a good point of the strength and dangers of the Black Spider Clan, Aileen believed she could protect herself. As much as she pleaded, Ryu would not break, she was forced to stay at home once again while her love leaves her behind to take on another mission, only this time it was at her request. She could only hope that he would return safe and alive and hopefully, not bloodied and bruised from the result of his last mission.

Sign up to rate and review this story