Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Laced With Nitroglycerin

3. House of Wolves

by aznfoblover 1 review

Kate has always been there for the guys as a sister and friend. What happens to her when their dreams come true? New creation. Have fun.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-03-21 - Updated: 2007-03-21 - 1045 words - Complete

0Unrated
***
Chapter 3
House of Wolves (My Chemical Romance)
"And as the blood runs down the walls..."
***

I woke up the next morning to the scent of stale pizza, something burning, and something wonderful. And then I heard the noise. It was like a camera shutter. And I could see the light from the flash behind my eyelids. Not good.

I opened my eyes to see Kate lying on me, my arm around her waist. That explained the wonderful thing I smelled. I looked up and saw Spencer and Brendon hovering over us with a camera, goofy smiles plastered to their faces. Really not good.

"What are you doing?" I hissed, trying not to move so Kate could stay asleep. She looked so cute when she slept...

"Taking pictures. You'll thank us when you two get married and have this picture," Spence said back. I rolled my eyes, shutting them as I leaned my head against the back of the couch. I felt Kate stirring beneath me.

"Who's getting married?" she asked sleepily, rubbing her eyes. My eyes flew open as she sat up, ending up on my lap. Brendon laughed and shook his head as he walked away to go stop whatever was burning from starting a fire. Spence had already left to put the camera away.

"No one," I said. She turned to face me, smiling in surprise. I never stayed over very much anymore. Not since...

"Hey, I didn't know you spent the night. That's why I was so comfy," she said, laughing. I smiled too. Wait a second. I spent the night. Really REALLY not good.

"Shit, I have to get home," I said. Kate got off of me and looked at me in confusion as I jumped up and looked for my shoes. "I didn't tell the old man I was staying over," I said by way of explanation. Bullshit. You know what he would've done if you had told him, I thought to myself. Kate nodded skeptically at me. I serached frantically for my left shoe.

"Are you OK, Ry?" she asked. I nodded. Where was that shoe? I was going to be in so much trouble when I got home.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" I said hurriedly. Shit, I wasn't there for my sister last night. Another thing to add to my list of "not good"s.

"Because all this time you've been searching for your left shoe, and it's on your foot." She smiled as I looked at my foot to find she was right. I put my other shoe on as quickly as I could. "Ryan. Stop." I stopped. "Look at me." I turned around to face her. "Now tell me what is wrong with you." I opened my mouth.

"Noth-" I started, but she cut me off with her hand.

"Don't you dare say nothing. I know something is wrong. Please just tell me." She looked at me with those pleading eyes, the ones I always fell for, but no one else did.

"I-" I started to say it, but thought better. "I can't talk right now. I need to go home and talk to my dad. He's gonna be really mad that I didn't tell him I was staying the night. But I swear I'll tell you later." She almost looked like she was going to fight me on it, but she didn't. The fight left her face and she looked me straight in the eye, pleading with me again.

"Fine. But if you don't, you are dead." I nodded and finished getting my shoe on. This was going to be great. I went and hugged her goodbye, barely feeling the ghost of a kiss she left on my cheek. I pulled away, blushing, to find her blushing too. I said my goodbyes and sped out the door.

I slowed down, touching my cheek as I walked. Did she really just do that? It made me feel wonderful inside. I love her so much.

I finally got to my house, dreading what would happen once I walked through that door. Dreading hearing my sister talk about how scared she was since I wasn't there. I walked slowly to the door, pulling it open and walking through. The blinds were drawn so as not to let in the light. My sister's stereo could be heard faintly, probably to drown out the sound of her crying. But not too loud. Oh no. Heaven forbid that she should be able to listen to her music loud. It would drive him crazy.

He was waiting.

"Where were you?" he muttered. I learned to understand him after the first few times it happened.

"I slept over at Brendon's," I said, trying to keep the fear out of my voice. The day after was always the worst. If he was here.

"You aren't supposed to leave the house without my permission. You were supposed to take care of your sister. Do you want her to starve?" Why was it always me? I was the one to take care of the family. Not him. And he was the father. Great example he turned out to be.

"I asked you a question," he said quietly. It got deathly silent. My sister even turned off her music. I could feel her eyes from between the bars in the banister burning holes in the back of my head. "Do you want your sister to starve to death?!" he yelled at me. I flinched, but otherwise stayed silent. I was too afraid to trust myself to speak.

"You're going to pay for your insolence!" he yelled. I could hear my little sister crying as I just took it. When he was done, he left. She came out.

"Ryan. Please, be OK. I'm so scared, Ryan," she whispered to me. I nodded, and she helped me up the stairs to my room. We stayed in there all day, me sleeping occasionally as she cleaned my wounds and stayed with me.

Blood might be thicker than water, but I wasn't willing to test that fact before. Not until that night.

***

A/N: Soo there we go. It may be confusing. I know. But it needs to be for now. It'll clear up later. Reviews = next chapter.
Sign up to rate and review this story