Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Laced With Nitroglycerin

2. Time Machine

by aznfoblover 2 reviews

Kate has always been there for the guys as a sister and friend. What happens to her when their dreams come true? New creation. Have fun.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-03-10 - Updated: 2007-03-10 - 679 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: I know it got a little confusing last chapter, but it was supposed to be. Everything gets cleared up as the story goes on, so just stick with me for a little while.

***
Chapter 2
Time Machine (The Click Five)
"A few years back would be OK..."
***

OK, so we're back at the beginning. My name is Ryan Ross, currently crappy singer and guitarist for our nameless band. My friends? Brendon Urie, currently back up guitarist for our band. Spencer Smith, currently drummer for our band. Brent Wilson, currently bassist for our band who has decided to stop showing up for the last few practices. Needless to say, we're getting pretty pissed at him. And Kate Urie, Brendon's gorgeous twin sister who's supposedly only my best friend, but everyone with eyes can tell she has my heart. Even Brendon knows.

Onwards with the story.

We were having band practice, and I was sick. Brent was nowhere to be found. So, instead of practice, we were basically hanging out in Brendon and Kate's basement since their parents weren't home. Kate and I were on the couch, talking.

"This sucks. Our nameless band is going to suck even more because we can't have practice. Stupid cold and stupid Brent!" I said to her. She bit back a smile.

"You don't suck. Trust me. You'll just be...out of practice next time you have practice. So you'll practice even more." She tried to reassure me.

"I can't even sing. Face it, our band sucks," I said, putting my face in my hands. She put a hand on my shoulder and I looked up. She was thinking. This was the face of hers that I loved most. She looked so...wonderful.

"I know! Have Brendon fill in for you just this once. I can play bass for now and we'll just see how it sounds," she said enthusiastically. I shrugged and told the guys our plan.

"But Kate knows I can't sing!" Brendon protested.

"Oh shut up. You can sing. And we're just trying this out so if you think Ryan is loads better, you can keep him as a singer." She strapped on her bass and looked around at us. We sprang to life. Spencer grabbed his sticks and adjusted his throne and drums. Brendon and I strapped guitars on and he tested the microphone.

"If this sucks, I'm blaming you," Brendon said warningly to his sister.

"The only thing that'll suck is me playing the bass. Trust me." We started, and everything was OK instrumental. Kate was obviously making up the part, but it sounded OK to me. Maybe because I wasn't really listening to her, but just watching her. Then Brendon opened his mouth and I stopped playing. That kid has major vocal chords. Spencer stopped as soon as I did, and Kate and Brendon both stopped to ask us what was wrong.

"How come you never told us you could sing?" Spencer and I asked at the same time. We looked at each other and laughed as soon as we realized that we spoke in unison.

"I guess I never knew," he said back, stunned that we had liked it.

"I told you so," Kate sang. We all thanked her for filling in for Brent and the suggestion about Brendon.

"OK, so Brendon is the new singer," Spencer said. I nodded.

"I could never sing well anyway," I replied. Brendon nodded, accepting the new position.

"And now, we go and watch a movie with pizza," Kate said. We all shrugged, put the instruments away, and followed her upstairs, where she was already ordering the pizza. We looked around for a movie, and settled on Star Wars without her. She came back to see us with the movie in already and sighed. "Boys will be boys," she said under her breath as she sat next to me. I don't know how I ever got through that movie with her head on my shoulder as she fell asleep.

***

A/N: OK so there's chapter 2. Reviews = bright sunshiny days and updates :)
Sign up to rate and review this story