Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > flashbacks

drums and snow storms

by darkviolet 0 reviews

'they want to know why bob has long hair, boobs and shit'

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-03-22 - Updated: 2007-03-22 - 1093 words

0Unrated
"what do you mean you're in boston and you can't get out???", mikey was freaking out, they had to go on stage in two hours there's no way he's going to make it.
"it's pretty much self explainatory", bob snapped back, "they had to do emergency landing due to fucking snow storm".
ray, gerard and frank exchanged worried looks, mikey couldn't think straight they have to go on stage in two hours and their fucking drummer is in some fucking airoport across the country, he started pacing up and down.
"i'll go talk to the maneger again to see what we can do", signed bob and hung up.
"there's no fucking way he would be here on time", mikey's nerves started to rub on gerard.
"ok so what can we do? cancel the show, postpone it?" ray tried to think rationally.
"wait a minute", mikey froze on the spot,"didn't nicky said she can play the drums?"
"she haven't played for years", gerard shruged his suggestion off
"and besides she'll need to practice and shit", frank chipped in.
"well a lame drummer is better than no drummer at all isn't it?, mikey began pacing again.
they were silent for a while, ray broke it first "i guess it's worth a shot".
mikey grinned nervously and searched with his eyes for nicky across the back stage area finding her in the company of two girls, alicia and beth. he made his way to their direction with the rest of the guys in his lead.
"we have a bit of a situation here", he said trying to come off soft.
"we need you to replace bob on the drums tonight", interupted frank.
so much for mikeys theory not to scare the shit out of nicky, nicky chocked on the drink she was drinking and began coughing.
"you're joking!", she took the cleanex beth was offering her and wiped the soda of her chin.
"what happened to bob?", asked alicia concerned.
"his flight been canceled due to snow storm", informed her ray.
"you can't possibly be serious", said nicky outraged.
"no there's really a snow storm at boston", joked frank.
nicky gave him the evil eye "i mean about me drumming, i haven't done it for years".
"you're possibly our only hope", gerard looked her in the eye pleading silently.
the whole group was silent anticipating nicola's answer.
"i'll do that but i warn you, i haven't even touched drums for ages" nicky caved in.
they sighed a sigh of relief.
"what?", yelled bob on the other line "i didn't know nicole can play drums, is she any good?".
they all sighed and the silence answered his question. nicky approached the boys, "guess he heard the news".
"i didn't know you can play", came bob's voice again on the speakerphone.
"i suck bob, i haven't played for years. beat some sense in them" pleaded nicky.
"oh my fucking hell", was all bob could get out of his mouth.
"yup, that's what i thought", nicky sighed heavily leaning on gerard for support.
"isn't there someone else that can fill for me?", hope was audible in bob's voice.
"oh come on it's 2 hours before the show, where are we going to find a decent drummer now", snapped the inpatient mikey "we have to make it work, that's all".
they all nodded, "i need you to guide me", whispered nicky unable to talk more loudly due to the nob in her throat.
"ok", was all bob could think of saying, nicola ran to get piece of paper and a pen.
an hour and 15 written pages later she hung up the phone and began pacing up and down the empty dressing room trying to memorize the notes bob dictated earlier when beth entered the room handing a bottle of water to the nervous nicky, beth sat on the sofa following nicky with her eyes, nicky stopped pacing and met her friends gaze "i suck beth totally suck".
"it'll be alright, how hard can it be to hit a few drums with some sticks", beth tried to ease the tension nicky felt and was visible on her face, "oh and gerard is sorry he can't be with you but he has a interview".
nicky smiled nervously.
she tried to do all the streches she remembered ryan was doing before playing and all he had thought her years ago before the connection between them was lost and most importantly she tried not to faint with all her might.
gerard walked into the room couple of minutes before they were about to start their set, "loosen up babe it can't be any worse than playing without a drummer", he kissed her chick and walked to where the rest of the guys were standing, they did their ritual of high five-ing and all hugged nicky, gerard walked her to her position, helped her wrap the bandages around her palms, kissed her softy and ran to the front of the stage.

nicky wiped the sweat off her face with a towel one of the roadies gave her, her heart was still beating fast as she made her way to my chemical romance dressing room, the guys were still on stage bowing to the audience.
all her thoughts were blured and overall she felt numb except for relif.
next thing she knew 4 bodies slammed into her cheering and sqealing like 10 year old girls, at one point they were even jumping up and down until they fell to the floor all sweaty and giddy.
after what seems like she've been trapped under 4 very excited boys forever, one by one they began to come off, all except for gerard, but eventually he came off not before smirring both their make up with kisses even more than the sweat did.
"you didn't suck that much", complimented frank "except for that part on parade, you really kinda fucked it up".
"sorry one of my sticks flew out of my hand and landed on ray's head so it took some time to recover", nicky unwrapped the bandages off her sore palms.
"i did wonder what it was but i figured it was one fucking heavy teddy bear", ray striped off his parade costume.
everybody laughed when alicia and beth entered the room.
"the fans went crazy, they want to know what the hell", alicia sat on the sofa next to nicky.
"they want to know why bob has long hair, boobs and shit" ,laughed beth.
"they'll just have to deal with bob exploring his feminine side", said mikey messing nickys ponytail.
Sign up to rate and review this story