Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Chemistry of a Car Crash

Chapter2

by AWakingDream 1 review

..

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-03-22 - Updated: 2007-03-22 - 575 words

0Unrated
Life after Bob had left was harder then I could have possibly imagined. I got all the agro he was used to, and it nearly drove me over the edge. Only Bob's phone calls kept me sane.

Then I turned 18 and just like Bob did, I walked out on my mum. To say it wasn't hard would be a lie, a huge lie, because it was probably one of the hardest things I'd ever done. Even the hurt of a break-up from a silly highschool crush didn't hurt as much.

Now I was 22 and living on my own, in Wisconsin in a small apartment I could barely afford. I had two part time jobs; one in the local café during the day, and at night I worked behind a bar. I didn't enjoy my jobs, but they both paid for the roof over my head, and that was all that mattered.

I'd put an ad in the local newspaper in the hopes of finding a new flat mate but as of yet, I hadn't had any luck.

"It really sucks." I sighed into the mouthpiece of my mobile phone. "Working these jobs are really taking its toll on me, I mean I'm working 9-6 in the cafe. Then from 8-3 I'm at the bar." I rubbed my forehead and flopped onto my couch.

"You sound like you need a break." Bob said thoughtfully. I laughed at his comment.

"A chance would be nice. If I don't work, its bye-bye apartment." I said groaning loudly in frustration.

"Then sell the apartment. Come move in with me." He stated as if it was the simplest thing ever.

"Are you serious?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah." He stated. "I mean, I might not be around much right now, but when we're done with the album and touring I'll be there." Wait what? Is he serious?

"What? I thought you'd left Bert and the guys?" I questioned confused. "Where are you?" He chuckled.

"Right now I'm in New Jersey, I've been in talks with some guys I met while I was with Bert and they asked me to drum for their band. I agreed to it." There was a pause before he started talking again. "I have a small place in Chicago, two rooms, move in? Please?" Chicago? Did I really want to go back to the one place I told myself I'd never return to?

"Can I think about it?" I asked. "I mean I might end up getting someone interested in sharing this dump." I heard him sigh.

"Get back to me by Friday though." He stated. "I have to head off now Nat. Think about it hard ok?" I smiled and stood up heading towards the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'll think about it. Bye Bob, love you."

"Love you too, bye." I hung up my phone and placed it on the counter top. I grabbed a glass and poured myself a glass of water. I glanced around my dumpy apartment, and wondered if I could face going back to Chicago. I did miss the place a little and I would have Bob with me. I sighed and put the glass in the sink, heading towards my room and getting myself ready for work. It was only the bar today and I was doing an earlier shift then normal meaning I'd be home by one and more refreshed for work at the café tomorrow morning. I hated having two jobs.
Sign up to rate and review this story