Categories > Anime/Manga > Hellsing > A Deep Night

Chapter one

by Rip_van_Winkle91 1 review

Integra is literally overwhelmed by the new Freak Chip infestation, no doubt part of millenium's plans to weaken their defences...the last thing she needs isany more stress.....when low and behold....

Category: Hellsing - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Integra, Other - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-03-21 - Updated: 2007-03-21 - 1192 words

0Unrated
All evening, it seemed that the office of Sir Integra Fairbrooke Whingates Hellsing was been the busiest it had been in weeks. The receiver of the phone was glued to the young women's ear, trying to sort out the newest wave of Freak Chip trafficking locations popping up all over England. It was truly becoming a nuisance.

She was currently conversing with one of the officers of the general police for that had responded to a civilian call. The young female simply reached into the breast pocket of her suit-jacket, pulling fourth a small case of pre-cut cigars as well as a lighter. Once she had chosen one and placed it between her lips, she returned the case into the pocket once again and... 'lit up', so to speak. She sighed softly, leaning against the back of the over-sized desk chair...taking in the first, relaxing drag and let the rambling officer finish his report, slowly turning her chair backward, facing the window behind her desk.

It was not too long before an all too familiar presence seemed to join her in the room silently. This silence was, of course followed by footsteps approaching the desk which she currently sat behind. She already knew, however, who exactly it was. She simply stuck one finger out to the side of the chair, making it clear and visible that she was pre-occupied and would be with them momentarily. Of course, realizing she was no longer alone and at her leisure to finish off this conversation, she chimed in, interrupting the officer mid-sentence, "I'll want a full report on the proceedings after the call was received and until my units arrived, as well as the status of the clean up. I can also expect this within the next twenty-four hours?" She hardly paused for a fraction of a second, not even wanting a reply, "Good evening, investigator". With such said, she reached her hand which held the received toward it place and simply set it down where it belonged without a second thought.

"Now,", the young women sighed and let her eyes fall closed as she turned the chair fully around the face the front and the one before it with a slight air of frustration, "What is it Aluca-...."

She paused instantly as her ocean blue orbs opened once again...she had, of course expected her eyes to fall upon the form of her vampire servant, Alucard. A tall
other-worldly figure. He was the Master Vampire whom was bound to the Hellsing name thanks to her ancestor, Abraham Van Hellsing at the end of the nine-tenth century.

This was NOT her servant. For one thing, this figure did not stand that intimidating 6'5 or larger but a modest 5'6, and was quite female. It's features were not broad and masculine, but softer....

However! Something caught her eye. The clothing which the female adorned herself with was quite familiar. Where had she seen it...yes! She could not place it for several moments but now it was clear. It was an old photo she had seen. Walter, the Hellsing family butler, the retired agent (codenamed the Angel of Death, with respect), had shown her. It was a much smaller, younger Walter (at most age fifteen), Her father (most likely intoxicated at the time), and a young women...who in this case, could have been only one person. Yes! How thick could she be? The damned vampire could change his form! The question was, why a women, and why bring back such an odd choice for so long ago...sixty years now, wasn't it?

"A-Alucard?" The women spoke in a flustered tone, eyes still as widened in realization. Even the cigar between her lips fell from it place and onto the desk before her.

"Good evening, Master..", came the smug response of the vampire. It was indeed Alucard, one would know that tone a mile away after having to put up with it for so long. He/(she?) was adorned in what could be noted as white slacks, button down shirt, vest, overcoat (perhaps a trench-coat?), and of course, the white scarf and fuzzy hat. The being smirked at her/(his?) master's obvious shock and simply picked up one end of the scarf in its gloved hand and tossed it over it's shoulder. "Don't be so surprised, Integra". That voice...was his, yet it was so much softer, and...sweeter.

"Wh-...How....I..-What the DEVIL are you wearing?!" Her voice shook slightly with surprise, at least she had spoken at last.

"My uniform, Master, my old uniform. Don't you find it becoming?", the female inquired bluntly with a smile.

Silence. No response came from the master for some time, mostly from lack of something to say. After another moment or so, she simply pointed with one gloved finger to the fuzzy mast resting upon the vampires head. "What is that?"

"...A hat..."

"It looks like some poor, unfortunate creature found it's final resting place on top of your head...."

"...Hardly. It happened to be the style of the day", She paused for only a moment before moving forward and letting her elbows come to rest upon the edge of the desk, letting her hands support her chin and cheeks. "Come now, Integra. Your father didn't seem to mind it...'

"-According to Sir Islands, my father was an eccentric pervert, and quite the drinker."

It was true. Her father, Sir Arthur Hellsing had controlled the Hellsing order through the second world war and until his death in the late 1980's. During his time as head of the family, a fellow Protestant knight, Sir Islands, often witnessed his wild behavior (drinking, womanizing, disorganization, etc.) He then left the organization to his daughter, Integra, at the tender age of fifteen. Her finding of the Master Vampire is all history. Now, she is referred to as the 'Virgin of the Order' , 'The Iron Maid' , 'The Master of Monsters' ...and yet, here she sat, twenty-five years old, paper work piling up around her, and now her servant was play practical jokes.

The young women sighed and removed the cigar from the table, discarding it into her nearby ash-tray. After another moment or two, one gloved hand moved to the bridge of her nose, pushing her glassed up slightly as she began to rub the area. "Please, tell me you won't be going out into the field in this ridicules get-up?"

"And why not? It quite suits this petite figure. Besides...", the vampire added with a smirk as she pushed herself fully off of the desk and moved towards the wall on her right. "You don't mind it as much as you let on...", That was spoken, with a potent, smug...almost knowing smirk. The vampire then reached up with one gloved hand and removed the fuzzy mass from her head, placing it against her slightly flattened chest for only a moment, and bowed. That mocking smirk remained... "And a good evening to you...Miss Hellsing." With those words spoken, the wall beside her turned black in a controlled area, large enough for the vampire to fit and phased through, out of sight
Sign up to rate and review this story