Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Down the road, not across the street

Cut it loose. Watch you work the room.

by grandtheftautumn 6 reviews

All in the title need I say more? No one throws a party like Pete Wentz. A night filled with laughs, flirting, revelations and that's only the beginning. Go on read it already! Watcha waiting for!?...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Crossover, Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-03-22 - Updated: 2007-03-23 - 1933 words

0Unrated
A.N: I thought I'd wait for 2 more reviews but I didn't get them. Anyway since Im soo nice [haha] I thought I'd put up chapter 4 cause I'm a bit excited about this one. Let me know what you think! Love you guys.

PS: This one is dedicated to 'cnharp' - for reviewing every chapter so far. THANK YOU! and Katrina - the person who introduced me to FF. I blame you for the monster you have created.


*

Chapter 4: Cut it loose. Watch you work the room


Pete had hired a beautiful black stretch limo. We hopped inside. The drive over there was fun but part of me felt uneasy. I convinced myself it was just nerves.

I looked at the outfits Pete had chosen for each of us since I didn't get to properly back at the house. When I made eye contact with Ryan, he quickly turned away and continued talking to Spencer. He avoided my gaze the rest of the way there.

I turned to chat with Brendon, who was sporting a nice black suit. Underneath he had a white, collared shirt with a grey and black tie. He had white dress shoes on and a stylish white bowler hat sat on his head.

Pete was talking out loud to Jon about how hard it is to be the bassist in the band. "You have to be the sexy one and..." he trailed off. He's got to be kidding me, I thought. "I'm only kidding, Amara" Pete turned to me. I blushed, feeling like I had just been caught out staring at him or something, which was most definitely not the case. I was simply admiring how sexy Jon looked.

Pete had styled him in a nice black vest, paired with black pants and a grey, long-sleeved collared shirt. He also had a light grey bow tie, which he left untied around neck. Very nice. Spence's costume flattered his physic very nicely. He had a kind of marching band blazer that came up short at the front, and wore a black shirt underneath which he left unbuttoned. I really liked the grey pants he had on. I am loving these looks! I'm quite impressed, these boys do know how to scrub up. I smiled to myself.


We soon arrived at hotel. Pete held his hand out to me, while I climbed out of the limo. I decided not to be a snob, after all he got me the dress, and took his hand. We smiled at each other and walked inside. He led us to a ball room. It was amazing and beautifully decorated. Whoa, he really does know how to throw a party. It had a Halloween theme, even though it was not for several more weeks. Large scarlet drapes hung from several sides of the room. There were about three dozen dining tables, each lit with sixteen candles. Ha I get it, like in their song. Cute. The table and seat cloths were black as night and a hidden smoke machine covered the floor with its fog-like vapour. From the middle of the ball room, a large disco ball emitted a bright bluey-white light. From certain angles it resembled a full moon. A picturesque score of passing fantasy, I thought to myself.

"How picturesque, wouldn't you agree?" said Ryan as he pulled up beside me. I love and hate how he can read my mind and we can finish each others' sentences.

I excused myself to go freshen up in the ladies room before I cloaked my possessions. "Do you want us to wait for you, I'm going to introduce the boys to the boys" Pete laughed at his own lame joke.

"Nah it's cool. I'll let you boys have your mothers' meeting and I'll find you in a few. You know how we women are when it comes to the bathroom" I said sarcastically.

"If you're sure. Boys, follow me... to your doooom." Pete said in a maniacal tone. What is that boy on? I raised my eyebrow at him and he just smirked back. Taking it as a cue to leave, I did just that, while Pete and the boys walked over to three other familiar faces.


Ryan's POV

There by the punch bowl stood the Patrick Stump, along with Joe [Troh-mania] Troh-man, and Andy Hurley. Wow-wee.

The first thing I noticed was his black pageboy cap. Trademark hats, gotta admire the man. I wondered what he was dressed as, or if Pete was kidding about the whole costume party as a prank. He also wore a dark denim jacket, over a khaki green tee and black jeans.

"Show us your fangs you-no-good-vampire." Pete demanded. Patrick smiled and revealed a very normal looking set of pearly whites.

"Awww Pat you're such a kill joy" pouted Pete. "Hey, I couldn't talk with these fangs alright, so I just went as a hunter" he defended himself. "Awww don't you want to be the bad guy for a night, just for kicks"

Patrick let out a simple "no."

"At least you tried Joe." This made Pete smile. "Andyyy, wrong video buddy"

Andy was wearing the geek outfit he had for the Dance, Dance video. "Sorry Petey, but I had some wardrobe malfunctions and this was the only thing I could find. It's still a costume" he smirked.

"So couldn't you wait for Halloween Pete, or just can't get enough of Supernatural?" said Brendon.

"Hehe sorry guys, with all the craziness today I didn't get to explain about tonight's get together. But first! Official introductions! How rude of me. Guys, this is Panic! At the Disco, the band I told you I signed today. Here we have Ryan Ross, Spencer Smith, Brendon Urie and Jon Walker." Pete said while pointing out each member.

"Panic! At the Disco meet the rest of Fall Out Boy."

"We know who you all are. Nice to meet you guys." I said on behalf of the others who all nodded in agreement. Handshakes were then exchanged all round.

"You see the theme of tonight was in honour of our new video we're making for "A Little Less 'Sixteen Candles,' A Little More 'Touch Me'" Pete explained.

"Ah k cool! That's pretty mad." said Spencer.

[3rd person POV]

Soon the Panic and Fall Out Boy boys were talking amongst themselves like old school friends. Things began to settle, and without any explanation, Pete left them talking. Where is she? He thought.

He found her making her way back to Ryan and the others. He cut her off and then leaned in to whisper into her ear. "You look amazing."

She looked up at him. "You don't look too bad yourself. But what are you supposed to be exactly. I know it's a costume party and all but the hoodie is a bit out of place, unless you're trying to be some kind of hoodlum.

"well for your information miss, I am in costume. I'm Pete Wentz! Of course I can't show up to my own party not in costume. But then again, I could seeing as I am the Pete Wentz." he laughed.

Now being accustomed to his lack of modesty, Amara simply returned a smile.

"Sorry, I know I'm full of it" Pete said. His smirk turning into a small, friendly smile. "I'm meant to be a rebel vampire. Think I pulled it off?"

She grinned and looked him in the eye. "Sure, why not, after all you are Pete Wentz" They held each others' gaze and then looked away.


[Meanwhile, at the other side of the room]

Patrick noticed Pete with a beautiful girl that was not one of his usual groupies. Patrick nudged Joe and whispered, "You owe me $10"

"What?! Oh man, its not even 8:30 yet and he's already at it again." whined Joe. "Damn you, Patrick" muttered Joe under his breathe. Patrick just grinned as Joe handed him over the money.

"Wonder who that is, she's pretty fine" said Joe.

"Yea she is aye. No idea though, I haven't seen her at one of these before" replied Andy.

All the boys turned to the direction Pat, Joe and Andy were looking at. Ryan's heart skipped a beat when he realised who Pete's next victim was.

"Amara" whispered Ryan.

"Do you know her, Ryan?" asked Andy.

"Yea, she's my best friend." He replied in the toughest voice he could manage.

Ryan didn't elaborate any further due to the acids bubbling in his stomach and sudden pang in his heart.

Wow, she is really beautiful. I've always thought of her as a beautiful person, but something about her tonight is just glowing. I just want to be with her. I want to kiss and hold her.

No, you can't think that, she's like your sister. I can't feel that way about her. I lied to myself. I've always loved Amara, not as a sister but something more. I never said anything because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. Then the string boyfriends came along and there was never the right moment. Part of me gave up once I realised she doesn't feel the same way I do. It's all in the liner notes, but I don't think she ever noticed. She probably sees me as her brother, so I've just settled to be her best friend. I'd rather have Amara in my life as that then nothing at all. It hard sometimes though, and it hurts because I'm always wanting more.

I wish I wasn't such a coward. Why couldn't I be more confident?


[Back to Amara and Pete]

"So, do you like your gift? I think it suits you perfectly." he whispered in her ear.

"Yea I do actually, I love it. So anyway, how did you know what to get and what size huh?" she interrogated him.

"That is the magic of Pete Wentz, my dear."

"Do you often talk about yourself in third person?" "Is that a rhetorical question?" he said.

"Fine. Anyway, come on, please tell.. you've known me for less than 12 hours and already it's like you know my bra size."

"Sorry hun, if I told you id would have to kill you."

"Clichéd much, Wentz?"

"Okay I give up!" Pete says, throwing his hands in the air. "I have x-ray vision and ESPN."

"You mean ESP?"

"No." he replied coyly. "I really mean ESPN. It lets me watch you through my hidden cameras."

"Very funny."

Pete and Amara continued their conversation at a table away from the crowd. They talked about random things and their conversation, once full of love-hate banter, became much more open and friendly. After what felt like they had been talking for hours (when in fact only an hour had passed) Pete suddenly stood up and looked down at Amara.

He smiled and said, "Come on. There's something I want to show you."






*

O-M-G! Wonder what it is??????????????? Hehehe. So how am I going people? Still any good?

A.N: Also I just wanted to confirm some things about the plot and timeline.
The party never happened in real life. But it in a possible AU it could have. Panic got signed in/around October 2005. Fall Out Boy released the "A Little Less "Sixteen Candles"..." in July 2006. Kinda works out. He's like 8 months early though. LOL. My 'excuse' is they we busy touring. Ha HA!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I might not post the next one until I get at least 5 reviews from different people ??? I know I've become like every other author here I apologise but eh what can ya do =P
Sign up to rate and review this story