Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Down the road, not across the street

Robbing lips, kissing banks under this moon.

by grandtheftautumn 7 reviews

What can I say it's a long night. I don't want to give away any spoilers so just read it. Title says it all.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-03-24 - Updated: 2007-03-24 - 2043 words

0Unrated
A.N: I wanted to get this idea on paper and had a short draft of this story. At first I thought "this isn't one of my best" Just some crappy-written filler but then I worked to improve it to my liking.
I worked hard on this one and I struggled compared to the other chapters. I temporarily lost my flow. Usually words come pouring out but I had trouble stringing it together this time

PS: I apologise if in the past and for the future if gets confusing... I keep switching between character POV to 3rd person. I try to let you know whose POV it is [which I know u don't like Kate LOL] but then I go into 3rd POV halfway through. It's just easier to write sometimes. Hope you can follow hehe.

ALSO.. I've grown to like this chapter because I got inspired creatively. I don't think I've read a fic that's done this before but music is a big part of my life.

I want to try something new - let me know if you think this works or not.

If you want to take part in this small experiment, play "Hear you me - Jimmy Eat World" in the background when I tell you to in the story. I want to see if it impacts of the mood, making a fic more moving, etc.

The first minute and 8 seconds [1:08] let me know what you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



*

Chapter 5: Robbing lips, kissing banks under this moon.


Curious Amara agreed and took his hand once again. Giggling she asked, "Pete, where are we going?"

"Just close your eyes first" Amara humoured him and shut her eyes. Pete placed a hand on her shoulder and guided her to the hallway.

"If you want to show me that certain something under a certain Clandestine tattoo. Then I've already seen it"

"Well you just know how to ruin a surprise don't you. But no it's something almost as good as that."

Eyes still shut; Amara lost her balance when Pete came to an abrupt halt. He reached out and held her waist to stop her from falling.

"Okay. Open your eyes... and voila"


Amara's POV

I opened my eyes and found the most amazing sight. Pete had led me outside to a beautiful garden. The hotel was several stories high so it blocked out the harsh, neon lights of Sin City. It was if we were no longer in Vegas. I'm used to seeing only cement streets and buildings. Rarely, if ever, do I see such natural scenery in a secluded area. It was as if someone had cut a 50 meter square in the middle of the hotel and dropped a garden inside. The only light came from the real moon, which was in its crescent stage, and fairy lights that had been weaved amongst the trees.
"Wow. What is this place is beautiful."

"A lot like you." He smiled.

I blushed at his comment. "So why this place?"

"Just somewhere I like to escape to and think. I found this during our last stay at this hotel. I don't think many people know about this place. Just couples that stumble across it and the maintenance workers. I doubt even business men staying at the hotel even know it exists."

I felt blood rush to my cheeks. I inhaled and took in the scenery, then remembered... "Pete, you're the host of tonight, shouldn't you be like doing host stuff?"

"I am! I'm looking after one of my VIP guests tight now. And don't worry about the guys. They're big boys they can look after themselves. And anyway if they can't Andy, Joe and Pat are with them.

We strolled through this minuet park. It had a small Koi pond. We continued our conversation about random topics. When Pete sat down on a bench and took out his vampire fangs. "Patrick was right. Can't really talk in these" I giggled and took mine out as well. He then took the mask off my face.

"So tell me truthfully. Who's your favourite member in Fall Out Boy. It's me isn't it?"

"Is it that obvious? Pete... of course it has to be Patrick!" I grinned devilishly. "The only voice that can get me out of my pants."

"Well if that's the case, how about I let him do the work, then I'll take it from there.

"Cut the crap Wentz. You take me to this beautiful place and pull out some sleazy pick up line." Annoyed I got up and began to walk back to the party.

"Amara wait. I was only joking." Pete grasped my hand and spun me so I was facing him. "Look, I'm sorry I always come off as an ass, but I can explain. It's long and complicated, but please... I, I want to get to know you Amara. " And then he looks into my eyes and leans in.

My heart started to race. Looking into his eyes, they seemed different, much softer than before. So honest. And his lips...so tempting. His eyes had a glimmer of innocence like Ryan. Ryan!! Screamed a voice in my head.

Pete's lips momentarily brushed with mine as I pulled back. Thoughts raced through my mind as to how I got into this position. Confused I just stuttered. "I umm. I."


Ryan's POV

Meanwhile...

Inside, the party was gearing into full swing. Everybody who was anybody had all arrived. The Panic! Boys were getting a taste of Hollywood and loving every minute of it. Except for one member. His mind was somewhere else, on some else. Ryan distracted by his thoughts, excused himself from the mingling and went in search for Amara.

We're finally making it happen. But I feel so empty. I need Amara. I have to share this with her, Ryan thought. He searched the ball room but she couldn't be found.

[AN: Now play the first 1.08 of "Hear you me - Jimmy Eat World" in the background while you read the next few paragraphs.]

I looked out at the hallway and there were a few masked people that had strayed from the party. After looking in a couple of rooms, I felt flustered and needed some air. I saw a large glass-paned door and thought I would lead to outside.

I found myself in a garden. I noticed I was not alone. The couple looked intimate. I froze not wanting to disrupt them, and decided to leave before it got awkward. The woman noticed my presences and turned to look at me. Suddenly, my knees threatened to give way when I realized who the couple was. "Oh sorry" embarrassed I turned to leave.


Amara's POV

I looked around not knowing what to do. I then noticed someone standing near the doorway. "Oh sorry" said a familiar voice. Oh no. I realized who it was standing there.

"Ryan." I cried pitifully after him. How awkward. Man, I need to talk to him, I'm so confused.

"I'm sorry Pete. I have to go." I told him. I left Pete alone and followed Ry inside, but I couldn't see him. I wonder why he ran off.

Back in the garden, a confused Pete just stood there, trying to understand of what just happened, when Patrick shows up "Hey, we need you to get the party officially started. And intro the boys."

I decided to head to the bathroom before trying to find Ryan again. I leaned against a stall. My heart was racing. Okay. What was that? You're just talking, and everything was cool til he hit a soft spot.

Pete sparked a fire in Amara that she hadn't felt in awhile. Not one of hate, but a lustful fire. He stirs me up so much, but I can't help enjoying his company.

I felt so confused. Pete was an ass and he's proven he can be a sleaze. Yea, but first impressions aren't always right, she contemplated. As the night had gone on, she saw a different side, and their love-hate relationship became friendlier.

Amara thought she had been sending plutonic vibes. If that failed her bitchy sarcasm usually repelled the sleazy ones looking for a quick fix. I'd say you were more flirting that bitchy, suggested her inner voice. I don't see him in that way. Do I? I continued to question myself. Oh crap. I realized I had been flirting with him.

I was staring at my reflection. Did you forget Amara? I said to myself.

After the hurt I've been through with guys, I promised myself to not fall for sweet talkers, the ones who would say anything to get into your pants. I was never going to let myself be vulnerable again. I developed a quick wit to protect my heart. Sharp remarks became my defense my mechanism against the John Tuckers of the world.

Wait. It's okay. You couldn't have been flirting. I tried to convince myself. You love Ryan too much. He understands you and what you've been through, he knows you inside out, he'd never hurt you. He also loves you like a sister and doesn't know how you feel.

Just admit it. You like Pete and you wanted to kiss him. A war raged inside, between my heart and head.

I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE! I yelled out to no one. My head hurts. I'm going to find Ryan.


Ryan had returned to the other guys but only found Brendon. Brendon noticed Ryan was quiet more than usual. Something was wrong. "Ryro buddy what's up?" he asked concerned.

They were interrupted by the loud tapping of a knife on glass. The disco ball stopped emitting its moonlight -like glow and a single spotlight shone onto the stage. Everyone turned to see Pete onstage. "Ladies and gentlemen... may I have your attention. Welcome gods and monsters, vampires and ghouls! Thank you for attending tonight, and for coming to celebrate our upcoming video. However, that is not the only cause for celebration tonight but I have an announcement to make. Today I signed a new band to Decaydance/Fueled by Ramen. They are very promising, sexy young men. Please welcome... PANIC! AT THE DISCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Four individual spotlights appeared trying to focus on each member. Ryan had no idea what was going on. "You going or what?" urged Brendon. "Huh?" "We gotta go onstage. Weren't you listening to Joe's explanation before?" explained Brendon.

They hurried to catch up to Jon and Spencer who were also making their way to the stage. The room was bursting with applause. Such a warm welcome, Brendon thought with a smile. I could so get used to this. Brendon began waving and beaming his million dollar smile into the crowd. "Attention whore," Jon muttered to Brendon under his breath.

Ryan was really cut by what he saw only moments ago. I really love her. I've loved her for so long and now she's with my new manager. I really should get over it. He looked at the adoring crowd and tried to muster enthusiasm. A pair of large, green eyes pierced his gaze. Her beautiful smile was bitter sweet. Amara always gave him that warm sensation, but tonight it hurt all the same, knowing she wasn't his to call his own.

After their introduction the boys walked off stage and Amara met up with them. Ryan felt awkward, and this time it was Amara who was oblivious to Ryan's pain. She was about to ask Ryan if they could talk when Pete appeared behind them.

They looked at each other not knowing what to say. Amara just felt confusion and didn't know how to handle the situation. The silence between them became awkward, then Pete opened his mouth but Amara cut him off saying that she had to go home.

"Do you want us to come with you?" offered Spencer. "No, no. It's okay, don't worry. You can't leave your own party. I'll be fine boys."

"I'll talk to you later" she said to Ryan before kissing all the boys good night.




*

Oh don't you feel Ry's pain. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

You know the drill R&R.

Love you all

PS: I got uni stuff on soon so I'll update later in the week.

Sign up to rate and review this story