Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Here Is Your Verse

All That We Needed

by killxsmile 3 reviews

just a little post-new years fun.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-03-24 - Updated: 2007-03-25 - 1624 words - Complete

2Exciting
Author's Note: I've been writing all day, and this is just one of the many chapters I've been working on. Thanks to everyone who's read this far, especially watch_the_sky, duckapple and xloveorsympathy for reviewing. You have no idea how much it means to me. Anyways, onto the chapter.

PS. The new video for Thnks Fr Th Mmrs is amazing. Check it out if you haven't already.

Chapter Nine: All That We Needed

I might be a fool. You might be one too. But maybe that's all that we needed.
-Plain White T's

Pete's POV

Sunlight leaked through the window, bringing me into consciousness. I slowly opened my eyes and noticed emerald ones peering back at me.

Emi's eyes.

When we met at Starbucks, they were the first things that caught my attention. True, she was glaring at me for spilling a latte down her back, but there was something behind the anger that intrigued me.

"Look who's finally awake."
"Look who's actually smiling at me..." She quietly laughed at my remark, then brushed some hair out of my eyes.
"Was I really that bad?" she asked, lacing her fingers with mine.
"To put it lightly, yes." Her cheeks turned bright pink as she directed her gaze toward our hands. "...But you were definitely worth it."

Just as we were centimeters apart, I heard a crash come from downstairs.

"What was that?"
"It was probably my dog."
"You're sure it's not your mom or something?" I asked.

Sure, I was good with parents. But even I couldn't talk my way out of a half-naked make out session.

"Forgot about that detail...I'll check." Instead of getting out of bed, she crawled over my stomach and reached for the phone. As she finished dialing, I pulled her back down to my level. She made one of those 'now-what-exactly-are-you-trying-to-pull' faces and inadvertently started a staring contest. Emi seemed serious about it, but quickly broke into a smile and rested her head on my chest.

"Hey, Rach. Is my mom over at your place? ...Well, I'm tied up at the moment..." she said, looking up at me. "You could say that...Yeah, thanks...Bye." She placed the phone back on the receiver then hovered above me.

"My mom left for work straight from my cousin's house and Ben will be there until I pick him up. Looks like it's just you and me, Wentz."
"Good." I pressed my lips to hers. Things quickly got heated and I found myself on top of her. Emi ran her fingers along the waistband of my boxers while my hands found their way under her tank top to the small of her back.

All of a sudden, my stomach grumbled, expressing its need for food.

"That just killed the mood, didn't it?" I asked.
"Pretty much." She laughed as she crawled off me. "C'mon. let's get some food."
"Too tired," I said, feigning sleepiness, hoping that we could just lay there for a while.
"Do you want me to carry you downstairs?"
"If you don't mind..."
"Hop on." I peered over at the foot of the bed and saw that she was serious.
"Are you sure about this?"
"Positive. I may be small, but I'm a force to be reckoned with."
"Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you." I jumped onto her back, putting my arms around her neck. She teetered at first, then hooked her arms under my knees.

As we made it past the door, I got a little apprehensive. The stairs looked pretty menacing from where I was.
"Pete, relax...or at least loosen your death grip on my neck." She made her way to the kitchen with surprising ease and set me down next to a chair.

*
Emi's POV

"What do you want: Cap'n Crunch or Count Chocula?" I opened the cupboard and reached for the boxes of cereal. I cursed my height, but soon felt Pete lifting me off the ground. "Thanks."

I turned around, breakfast food in hand. His arms lingered around my waist and I could feel heat rising to my cheeks. He was the one standing in my kitchen in his boxers, yet I was the one feeling self conscious.
"I'll take Count Chocula...and I'd like to add that you look adorable when you blush."

He took a seat at the table, watching me as I grabbed bowls, spoons and a carton of milk. Right as I was going to dig into my cereal, my pit bull scampered into the room.

"Hey, boy. You hungry too?" I got up and pulled his bowl off the floor.
He barked in response then jumped up, effortlessly setting his paws onto my shoulders. Looking over my shoulder at Pete, he tilted his head to one side, as if he was asking "Who the fuck is that kid?"

"Down." He sneezed, then set his paws to the floor. As I filled his bowl, he walked over to Pete and sat down.

"What's his name?" Pete asked as he petted him. They seemed to get along.
"Pharrell." I poured some food into his bowl.
"As in Pharrell Williams?"
"Yep." I set his food down and he quickly devoured it.

*
Liv's POV

It was the first morning of the first month of new year. Coincidentally, it was also the first hangover of the year. My head was aching and the sun was too bright.

"Oh, fuuuck." I groaned. Curling up underneath my twisted mess of blankets, I tried to remember last night's events.

Drinking. Dancing. More drinking. More dancing. Countdown. "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Screaming. Another round of shots. Blur of people and music. Fighting with Nick and Danny. "I am not drunk!" A sloppy kiss with Jasp. Dark. Nick guiding me up the stairs...

I cursed myself for getting so plastered. Crawling out from underneath my sheets, I made my way to the bathroom. A bottle of Advil was on the counter. A bright yellow Post-It was stuck to its side.

Take 2 of these and the pounding in your head will eventually stop. Call me afterwards so I know that you're still alive.

Your loyal designated driver,
Nick Meyers

PS. You owe me big time for saving your ass from that angry trucker. Don't question a guy's masculinity when he orders a Shirley Temple. Especially when the guy is more than 6' 5".


I laughed at the last part. I can only imagine how ridiculous I must have looked, picking a fight with someone a foot taller than me. I gulped down 2 pieces of salvation, then pulled out my cell phone.

"Lo?"
"Hey, it's Liv."
"Nice to hear that you survived the night."
"Heh, I was really plastered last night, wasn't I?"
"'Plastered' is an understatement." I laughed.
"What happened to Jasp? I can't seem to remember what happened after we kissed..."
"Danny drove him home while I hauled you into your room. Thank God your parents are on vacation..."
"Have you heard from him?"
"Yeah, just a few minutes ago. Sounded worse off than you, but he should be fine in a few hours."
"Okay."
"Well, I'll let you re-cooperate."
"More like leave me to make out with the boy toy standing in back of you."
"Hey I heard that!" Silly Danny.
"How'd you know that?"
"Emi isn't the only one with mind reading skills."
"Speaking of Emi, did you see who she went home with?"
"No, I can't even remember the 6'5" trucker I was fighting with."
"Shit, I hope she's okay."
"Em's the responsible one. She probably took a cab."
"Or got a ride with that bassist who was staring at her all night."
"Pete? I highly doubt it."
"Could you make sure she's okay?"
"Yeah, I'll do that now."
"Bye."
"Bye."

I scrolled down my list of contacts until I reached NINJAAA. My calls went straight to voicemail, so I decided to get my ass out of the house and make sure that my best friend made it home alright.

I put on some sunglasses and grabbed my keys. The drive to Emi's would only last a few minutes, so I didn't bother to put on any make up. It's not like anyone else would see me in all my post-New Years glory.

Stepping onto her porch, I pressed the doorbell. No response. Pressed it again. Still no response. "This is really unlike her..." Taking the spare key out of the flowerpot next to the doormat, I let myself in. As I walked into the Ikuhara home, I could hear laughter from upstairs.

"I'm telling you, you won't fit." Emi giggled. Since when does Emi giggle?
"Oh, I'll fit." Pete? Okay, what the fuck is going on?

As I approached her room, the door was open. What I saw was very...interesting. Emi was laughing her ass off while Pete was jumping around, trying to fit into a pair of her jeans.

"Oh, hey Liv. What are you doing here?"
"Just stopping by to see if you made it home okay, but it looks like you were taken care of..." Emi glanced at Pete and blushed, averting her eyes to the floor. "Since when are you two..." I trailed off.
"Since last night when he chased me down in a taxi." She looked back at him and smiled.
"Hey, I wouldn't have needed to do that if you weren't so damn stubborn."
"It's part of my charm, you'll just have to deal with it." She turned around in his arms and they shared a kiss.
"I'll let myself out..." Still attached at the lips, Emi gave me a thumbs up. Smiling, I closed the door behind me. "It's about damn time."


*
Fall Out Boy makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Reviews do, too.
=P
Sign up to rate and review this story