Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Here Is Your Verse

Here Comes A Very Special Boy

by killxsmile 3 reviews

2/14. superfluff.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-04 - Updated: 2007-04-05 - 1265 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: SPRING BREAK, YO! Now that I actually have time to write, here's the next chapter for you guys.

X's and O's go out to xloveorsympathy and level27freak.

Chapter Ten: Here Comes a Very Special Boy
When I'm down you come through. Don't you frown, I've got you.
-Freezepop

*
Emi's POV

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I groaned and put a pillow over my head. After 12 years of schooling, I still hadn't gotten the hang of waking up early. "There's no way that it's already 6:00... " Hitting the snooze button, I retreated under my blankets.

Five minutes later it started up again. Deciding that was with a clock was pointless, I reluctantly got out of bed. Then I went through my usual routine: quick shower, clothes, make up, hair. As I exited the bathroom, the scent of pancakes wafted up the stairs.

"Good morning, Emi!" Ben said, in his usual cheerful tone.
"Morning."

Just as I sat down, Pharrell decided to pounce on my lap.
"Yo." He barked in response and wagged his tail. "Yeah, yeah, I'll get you some food."
I got up and filled his bowl with PurinaOne. He paced back and forth in anticipation. After I set his bowl down, he nudged my hand and licked my palm in gratitude.

Washing my hands and sitting back at the table, I noticed that Ben had a bag full of cards and candy on the table.

"Whatcha got there, buddy?" I asked as I set some pancakes on my plate.
"Stuff for Valentine's Day. We're having a party at school."
"Sounds like fun. I wish I was having a party at school." I remembered back when I used to give out handmade cards and whatnot. Good times...
"You're not doing anything special today?" he asked, with a confused look on his face.
"Not that I know of."
"Here." He handed me a Scooby-Doo valentine and a Hershey kiss.
"Aww, thanks, Ben." What can I say? I have the best brother ever.

*
At school, love was in the air.

Lockers were decorated and people were walking around with teddy bears, flowers and balloons. As Liv approached me, she had a dozen roses tucked underneath her arm.

"Looks like you have your hands full," I smiled. Jasper always did über cute stuff for her on V-day. Last year he dressed up as a heart and recited a really cheesy Shakespeare poem from memory.
"Yeah..." she blushed. "Have you seen Jasp anywhere? I found these in my locker."
"No, I just got here. Maybe he's in the atrium?"
"Hmm, maybe." As she turned around, Jasper's voice came through the PA.

"Hey, is this thing on?" Obnoxiously loud microphone screech. "Um, as you know, today is Valentine's Day..." Liv stopped dead in her tracks.

"Em, am I hearing things?"
"No," I laughed. "It's Jasper."

"I brought a couple of my friends over to help be get a message out to two really special girls. This one goes out to Liv Hearst..."
"And Emi Ikuhara. Take it away Patrick..."

As the sound of guitars and Patrick's voice filled the hallway, I could feel blood rushing to my cheeks.

"Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City?
I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty
Yes you do
Times Square can't shine as bright as you
I swear it's true..."


"No freaking way..." I quietly said.

"Hey there Delilah, don't you worry about the distance
I'm right here if you get lonely
Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice it's my disguise
I'm by your side...

Oh, it's what you do to me
Oh, it's what you do to me
Oh, it's what you do to me
Oh, it's what you do to me, what you do to me..."


I couldn't wipe the smile of my face. Through the rest of the song, I leaned against my locker and drifted off to cloud nine.

As the last chords played, random people clapped and cheered. I snapped out of my daze and opened my locker. Inside I found a teddy bear holding a pink rose. "Pete..." A warm fuzzy feeling took over as I put my books away.

A few minutes later, Jasper came walking down the hall with Pete and Patrick behind him. Liv ran up and kissed her boyfriend, while I smiled as Pete approached.

"Did you like the song?" he asked.
"I loved it...the bear, too."
"Glad to hear it."

I stood on my tiptoes and pressed my lips against his. He even tasted sweet. Like cherry skittles...

"What did I do to deserve all this?"
"Just being your awesome, Emi self."
"You're too good to me, Pete." I blushed and looked down at my shoes.
"Hey," he said, lifting my chin so our eyes would meet. "You really do deserve it."

He pulled me closer and kissed my cheek.

"Me and Trick promised to be out of the school by the time first period starts, so I've gotta go..."
"Okay," I sighed.
"Pick you up after school?"
"Yeah...Can't wait until then."
"Bye." With one last kiss, he headed down the hallway.

*
As promised, Pete was waiting for me in the parking lot after school.

"Yo, Pete."
"How was school?"
"Meh, it was alright," I said, getting into the passenger's side. "I'm just glad tomorrow's Saturday."
"Slow down. You know there's still more than eight hours of Valentine's Day left..."
"I'm already convinced that you're the best boyfriend in the world. You don't need to make a fuss over me."
"Well I already made plans...Plus I'm going for 'Best Boyfriend in the Galaxy.'"

Our first stop was LaserQuest. We both pretended to be Cupid, shooting "lasers of love" at everyone around us.

Forget candlelit dinners and late-night stargazing. There's nothing more romantic than running around with guns in the dark while chasing 12-year olds.

For both games that we played, we ranked at the top.
Game 1:
1. ROMEO
2. JULIET


Game 2:
1. JULIET
2. ROMEO


Pretty awesome if I do say so myself. Tired from all the running, jumping and hiding from little kids, we stopped by Giordano's for some pizza, then headed home.

As he pulled into my driveway, I noticed that there was a white sheet draped over my garage. I was about to step out of the car and investigate, but Pete grabbed my wrist.
"Hold on," he said. He stuck his hand out the window and the sheet was suddenly illuminated with blue.

"I don't feel anything..."
"C'mon it's graduation."
"Did you see what Mr. Carol wrote in my yearbook? Well he ridiculed me all year long and then he writes 'You're a real live wire. Love, Mr. Carol.' I mean it's all so phony..."
"He wants to leave things on a good note."
"Well when Mr. Carol uses the word love, I look forward."
"Lloyd, she's being difficult."
"I'm gonna take out Diane Court again..."


"Pete, I don't know what to say..."
"Say...Anything." he said, smiling.
"How did you--"
"Ben helped me out a little." I looked back and saw him standing behind a projector. "He mentioned that you're a fan of John Cusack."

I leaned against his shoulder as Lloyd gushed about his "date" with Diane.

"You're officially the best boyfriend in the galaxy," I said, kissing his cheek.
"I know," he said, placing an arm around me.

*

Author's Note: If you got the movie reference, you're officially one of my favorite people. Now have a cupcake and pat yourself on the back.

Oh yes, please review. It'll only take a second.
Sign up to rate and review this story