Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Long Trip to the Forbidden Forest

Chapter 1

by FireChildSlytherin5 0 reviews

The Marauders needs a guide though the Forbidden Forest for a month trip. No one knows the way. What would happen if they find out the only one who does is a Slytherin...but not only a Slytherin, b...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor - Characters: James, Lucius, Lupin, Peter, Sirius, Snape - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2007-02-07 - Updated: 2007-02-07 - 2307 words

0Cliche
________________________________________________________________

The Long Trip to the Forbidden Forest

Summary: The Marauders needs a guide though the Forbidden Forest for a month trip. No one knows the way. What would happen if they find out the only one who does is a Slytherin...but not only a Slytherin, but Snape? What secrets will be relieved?

Chapter 1

"Come on, guys! Think of something!" Sirius Black said to his best friends, James Potter, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew. The four were in the dorm room.

The four of them, calling themselves the Marauders, decided that now that they were 17 years old and since it was the end of their 6th year in Hogwarts they needed a dangerous adventure, to show the world that they were old enough to take care of themselves. They decided the most dangerous adventure would be a month in the Forbidden Forest. But they needed at guide though it who knew how to live and defend themselves in the forest. The problem was that no one (in his or her right mind) would dare to go near it or would dream of living in the forest, let alone for a month.

Also they needed to be careful of not letting any adults find out, so it was hard looking for a guide in the castle. They didn't contact anyone outside of Hogwarts, fearing that anyone who got a whiff of their plans would tell one of the teachers.

All of them sat back on their poster beds, thinking of ways to find one. They need ideas and fast. Two more days then the summer holidays would start, meaning that they would have only two days to look for their guide. They had been looking for that person for two months with no luck.

"Lucius Malfoy!" Sirius burst out suddenly making his other three friends to stare at him. They watched as Sirius smacked himself in the head and muttered about himself being stupid and not thinking straight.

"He can't help us, Padfoot. He's a Slytherin." James said, thinking his crazy.

"Ah, thatls where you're wrong, Prongs. You see, my friends, Malfoy owes me one. Knowing him, unfortunately, he would know how to help us!"

"How?" Remus asked.

"He's one of the highest ranked Slytherin," Sirius explained simply. Seeing their clueless faces he explained again. "Meaning that he's one of the richest, all the Slytherins who ain't afraid of him will listen to him without question, he's a Seventh year, Head boy, also he's family. So if we play our cards right, he would help us without telling any adults! If he does, he would also get in trouble."

"That's a good idea," Remus said. He trusts people more then the others do.

"I think its stupid! Trusting a Slytherin like that! My dad always says never trust one, even if they're family." James said stubbornly.

"I agree. I ain't trusting them." Peter said. Peter is and forever will be a follower. He has been following James since first year.

"But come on guys! My own family is nothing but Slytherin. Slytherins keep their promises, but they tend to bend your words against you, I will admit. If all goes right, Malfoy would find us our guide, so we can go on our little trip and he will be freed from owing me anything. Everyone's happy!"

"If you think so," James said unsure of this plan.

"I do." Sirius nodded.

James signed defeat. If Padfoot is sure, then what could happen? "Then lets go."

The Marauders set out from Gryffindor common room, grabbing the map and cloak as they went. Looking at the map, they found Malfoy at the Slytherin common room. There were a lot of people in that common room for some reason. The dots with labeled names were moving as if they were dancing or something.

They sent out towards the dungeons where the Slytherin common room was located. They had went there only once and it wasn't a pleasing visit (they teased a second year Slytherin that had a big brother who had dealt with them. Lets just say that he and some friends of his had a fun hanging them up on the ceiling in their common room, using them for hexing practice during a Slytherin party). A cold shiver went down their spines with the memory. Slytherins are known to be nasty; but their bite is worse then their bark. Even Snape had a go at them; he was one nasty Slytherin. Few of the curses that they used on them (this was two years ago) were still active; either because of mispronounced words or the spell caster not knowing correctly the spell they were casting.

Sirius, who was hit with a rash hex, still has red, yellow spotted rash on his lower back, which refused to be healed. The four friends walked silently down the damp halls that smelled like decay and mold under James's cloak. What felt like hours of hell, they ended up on a dead end. This was one of the Slytherin entrances, the only one that is known for use for outsiders from other Houses.

"Well, here we are, Padfoot. You do it, it was your idea."

Sirius hesitated then stepped forward, still remembering of what happening to them two years ago, and knocked on the stone wall. Nothing happened.

Sirius knocked again, and this time, the wall opened, reveling a young boy with blond spiky hair. The boy looked about first or second year, he was short about three or four feet in height with broad shoulders. He glared at him, looking at their Gryffindor robes. He sneered at the sight of them.

"What do you want, scum." The boy said, trying to get his voice deathly cold, failing miserably. His voice sounded childish, making him seem even younger then a first year.

The Marauders stood there surprised at the sight. Slytherins are weird. "Well!" the boy said, getting impatient.

"Easily there, kid." James said nastily. He and family loathed Slytherins with passion.

"Don't call me kid, Gryffindork." The boy hissed slowly reaching to his wand, daring them to attack him, so he would have a reason to hex them. From the stories that the older kids said, they were the same four that they used for hexing practice on during one of the parties. Oh, how he would give to be to year older to see that two years ago!

"James!" Sirius warned. He turned to the shrimp, putting on his good smile. The boy's face darkened. He hated it when people smiled at him as if he was a baby. "What is your name?" he asked trying to be kind to the boy. His tone of his voice made it sound like he wasn't used to being kind to Slytherins.

The boy stared at him, he knew who they were. From what he was told, by the older kids, this was Sirius Black, the black sheep of very high rank Slytherin family. "Dylan." He said slowly. He wouldn't tell them his last name. He wasn't that thick.

"I'm Sirius Black, and this is-"

"I know who you are. Your Sirius Black," he started to point at them. "James Potter, Peter Pettigrew and you," he lastly pointed at Remus. "Your Remus Lupin." He said his name with a civil tone of voice. He turned back to Black. I will only warn you once. You are not welcome, leave, now.

"We only come here speak with Lucius Malfoy. Is he not here?"

The boy looked at him, as if searching him to check if he was lying. Seeing he wasn't he said, "Wait here." He closed the wall behind him, leaving the Marauders outside.

"Well that went well!" Remus said cheerfully. The other friends stared at him.

"Do you think he will come?" Peter asked. He really didn't like waiting, let alone be near the Slytherin common room.

"I don't think so, knowing Slytherins they would attack us!" James said.

Remus looked at James. James really needed a chill pill. One of these days he would regret of saying bad things about Slytherins. Slytherins maybe neutral or evil when the times are dark, but they could be good allies in times of need. He should know. How can you explain his good potion grade, when every time he went to his class he couldn't stand the strong smell because of his werewolf sensibilities? Slytherins have their uses when it comes to help for their allies.
Think outside of the box, Prongs, if they do attack us they would get in trouble. Black said, smiling. In that moment the wall suddenly opened. There at the basin of the entrance was Lucius Malfoy and the boy.

Lucius Malfoy was a tall youth, with long white blond hair that passed his shoulders, he had pale skin. One could say he was human figure of a Veela. His icy blue eyes watch them in amusement. It wasn't everyday that four Gryffindors would dare came willing to one of the Slytherins entrances. If any did, they would be family, friends or something was up. He turned to Black.

"Cousin! It's nice to you, again!" Malfoy said, using his fake nice voice. Black wasn't easily fooled.

"Malfoy." Sirius said.

"What brings four Gryffindors, such as yourselves, to the Lair of the Snakes?" Asked Malfoy his eyebrow raised.

"We come for help."

"Help? What kind of help?" Malfoy asked getting curious.

"Help that will pay off your debt." Malfoy's face then paled. This one of the last things he expected. So Black had some traits of Slytherin that he was hiding in his proud heart of his. It was embarrassing among the Slytherins to have a blood debt to Gryffindors. He turned to the boy, who was looking at him in amazement that the Mighty Malfoy would have a blood debt to a Gryffindor.

"You will not say anything to anyone or you will be punished! Do I make myself clear?" Malfoy said to the boy. The boy nodded, then bowing his head, stepped back slightly away from him. Malfoy turned to the four. "What help do you need?"

The Gryffindors was slightly shaken by Malfoy's sudden outburst; after all he was just a boy. "We are looking for a guide, a guide that knows the safest ways though the Forbidden Forest, who knows how to live there and how to defend themselves." Sirius started to explain, after he got his senses back. Malfoy nodded slowly. Black's request was strange. Who would go to the Godforsaken Forest anyway? Only crazy, insane people would. He slightly thought to himself. "We need a guide before school ends." Black said as an after thought.

"And you want me to find this guide that you desire? Why do you think I'm capable of doing so?" Malfoy asked.

"You know everyone around here as you have spies, you have allies of both high and low. You have people under your command within your reach in both Hogwarts and outside of it." Malfoy smirk at that complement. Finally Black admitted it.

"Yes, I do. Except the ones that serve no master in any shape or form. Only the gods that they serve and worship. I have no say of they do and do not. The one that you seek is in that category." Malfoy said, as if he dealt with people who asked from his help many times before, but this was the first time concerning the Forest.

"Well, can you help us or not!" James asked impatiently.

"Patience my good friend Gryffindor, patience." Malfoy said in mysterious kind of voice.

"Prongs!" said Remus who was standing silently far from everyone. He knew that Malfoy was playing with him.

"So, Malfoy. Can you help us?" Sirius asked ignoring James glare.

"Well," Malfoy started to pace in front of them. The boy stood behind him in the dark as if waiting for an order. "I know of one person, who can help you." He thought for moment. Yes but you and he wouldn't like it. You would kill each other before the end of day. "But you won't like It." an after thought. Let the games begin.

"We will take our chances." Black said firmly.

Malfoy smirked. He turned to the boy, whispered something in his ear. The boy looked at him as if he thought Malfoy was joking. After receiving a serious look from Malfoy, he nodded and ran into the common room, shutting the wall as he went. Looking at the confused looking faces of the dim witted Gryffindors, Malfoy explained, "Dylan is getting your guide. You may not be lucky, if he is not willing to come."

"Who is this person." James snottily asked. He didn't like it when people kept him in the dark.

"A fellow Slytherin." Malfoy said, loving way Potters face screwed up in loathing. "You know of him. He's an outsider, one of the few that I was talking about, Who serves no one. He won't be cheap, I tell you." Malfoy smirk, "Well to me, he is. Anyway, get ready, if he comes that is."

They waited. And not soon after the wall opened. Dylan came though, followed by a dark figure. At first they didn't recognize him because it was too dark (except Remus who knew who it was the moment the wall opened). But then when they did, they couldn't help but gasp.

It was Severus Snape.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Words: 2,207

Authors Note: This story was going flowing around my head for past weeks. And when I wrote this, other chapters from my other previous stories came to me. Hope you all like it!
James Potter Fans and Marauders Fans: I'm sorry if Potters little OOC. But I could see the Potters Family (like the Weaslys) dislike Slytherins thinking they're evil and all.
Sign up to rate and review this story