Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lock Up My Heart, Throw Away The Key......

Maybe She's Single....

by FreakOfNature 3 reviews

The show must go on....

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-03-28 - Updated: 2007-03-29 - 803 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was seven thirty AM by the time they arrived at the club and not one of them was fully awake yet. They parked the car and unloaded the equipment. Guitars, speakers, microphone and everything else.
When they got inside, they got on stage and started setting up their equipment. By the time they were done, there were many more people who had arrived throughout the day to come watch their performance. One of the people, stood out of the crowd more than anyone else. It was Pete who saw her. She was about the same height as himself, with dark green eye's and brown wavy hair. She looked like an angel in his eye's.

"Pssst, Patrick." Pete nudged him in the arm.
"Psssst, what?" Patrick replied.
"Who's that girl over there?" He pointed to the girl who had just sat down at a table in the back.
"How am i sopossed to know? I don't talk to girls."
"Oh, right." He left the stage and walked towards the girl. He wasn't sure what he was doing or what he was going to say to her, if anything at all. But there was no time to think. Before he knew it, he was standing a few feet away from her.

"Hi." He said quickly.
The girl turned to him and smiled. "Hello."
"Hi." He repeated again. This kind of thing had never happened to him before. He was usually good with making conversations with people, but there was just something about this girl that made him nervous.
"Hello." She laughed. "Can I help you with something?"
"Uh, no. Y-yes i mean. Um..... I'm Pete." He held out his hand. She accepted and shook his hand.
"Hello Pete. I'm Kate." She introduced herself.
"N-nice t-to meet you." He studdered. Before the aquward conversation could last any longer, Patrick interupted.
"Pete. We're playing soon." He yelled out.
"Ok Pat. Be right there." He yelled back.
"Um, i gotta go now. Nice talking to you."
"Nice talking to you too." She laughed. Pete blushed with embarrassment.
"Bye." He waved his hand. She waved back.

As he left her, he began to think about how much of an idiot he looked, just standing there, stumbling over his words. He hoped it wouldn't be so aquward the next time he saw her.
He climbed up on the stage and slung his Bass over his shoulder and started tuneing it. Patrick and Joe started tuneing their guitars aswell, while Andy got ready to play the drums.

"You guys ready?" Patrick asked his band. The three of them nodded.
Pete apporached the microphone and said, "Alright Chicago. Are you ready?" The crowd began screaming with excitment.
"I said, are you fucking ready!" He yelled again. The crowd went wild for the second time.
Almost immediately afterwards, they began playing Grand Theft Autmn.

"Where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentlemen." Patrick started singing. Soon, the crowd began to sing along to the energetic tune.
Joe and Pete began to dance around happily with their guitars, while Patrick amazed the audience with his voice.

Eight songs later, they had finished and the crowd stood up and began clapping. Pete looked around the room, hoping to find the girl he had met soon before. He finally saw her standing in the back cheering and clapping along with everyone else in the room.
He smiled to himself, very happy that she had stayed for the performance. Maybe he would be be able to talk to her now.

While Patrick, Joe and Andy made their way back stage, Pete went in the opposite direction towards the girl. She was talking with a few people with her back turned to him.
After building up enough courage to talk to her, he timidly tapped her o the shoulder. She turned around and smiled at him. He smiled back.

"You guy's were absolutely amazing!" She complimented.
"You really think so?" He asked nervously.
"Are you kidding me? Of corse you were. That was one of the best performances I've seen in a long time."
"Thanks." Pete blushed.
She smiled again and then looked down at her watch.
"Oh boy, I've got to be going to work now."
"Oh ok." Pete frowned
"It was nice meeting you." She said and walked away.
"Wait!" He followed her out the door.
She turned around "Yes?"
"Do you want my number? I mean, just incase you wanna hang out sometime?" He mumbled.
"Yes. That sounds like a plan." Pete smiled and handed her a piece of paper with his home number on it. She handed him one in return with her number.
"Ok. I'll talk to you later then." She walked away.
"Oh ok. Bye." He waved.


Yeah? What do ya think? Is it too cheesey?
Reviews please
Sign up to rate and review this story