Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thnks Fr Th Mmrs

One.

by rainydaykid13 2 reviews

Talia lived her entire life only to forget it.For the first time in her life she longed for something real. For something true. For something worth remembering. Co-written by Emma [humhallelujah13]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-02-28 - Updated: 2007-03-01 - 1350 words

2Exciting
She didn't know where the heck she was. Quite frankly it scared her; people rushed all around her, bumping into her and generally looking important. Peeking out from behind the thick, black curtain she stared at the sight she beheld. Four oddballs stood out on a stage of sorts, playing a song. It made her tap her toes. Absentmindedly, she hummed along. It seemed vaguely familiar, "Two more weeks/My foot is in the door/I can't sleep/In the wake of Saturday," rung a bell somewhere in her memory banks. The song ended and the men disappeared behind the curtain. She stared at them, it was a lot to take in at once.
"Um," she began timidly, "Could you tell me where I am?"
"You're backstage. We're Fall Out Boy," the one with a 'fro said, waving his arm around to indicate the others, "And you are?"
"I wish I knew, I don't even remember coming here," she replied.
The hat-clad one took her aside. He led her to a booth where yet another small congregation of official-looking people bustled about. She noticed he wasn't very talkative. He introduced himself as Patrick and explained that he was taking her to security, so she could get some help; not once did he look up from the floor. As they approached he finally looked up, "Do you have a cell phone?"
She searched her pockets, "Yeah, here," she handed it to him and he programmed his number into it.
"Call me later, OK?" he said to his shoes.
She sighed as he walked away. If she hadn't been so disoriented she might have thought him cute, much less tried to talk to him. But when you don't know who you are or what's going on it's hard to make conversation with anyone. Then it dawned on her. Cell phone. Duh. She flipped open the small piece of circuitry. According to the small, glowing screen her name was Talia. She mouthed the name, trying to remember it.
"TALIA!" shouted a frantic girl at the security booth, "S'ok, I'm here. Do you recognize me?"
Talia stared blankly at the tired, bleary-eyed girl that stood before her. She shook her head, obviously confused.
"I'm Hanna," the girl said, searching Talia's complexion for any sign of memory, "your best friend since forever?"
Still Talia stared back, the same confused expression on her face. This is definitely not my day, Talia decided, "Anything else I need to know about?" she asked impatiently, "Like why I have a kabillion calls on here from someone called 'Stephanie'?" she waved her cell around for emphasis.
"Yeah, your sister. And it would help if you would answer that thing once in a while," Hanna was starting to get annoyed, but she kept her cool. She had to be patient with Talia, after all, this wasn't the first time. And it definitely wouldn't be the last.

---

Talia lay on her bed staring at the ceiling. How could I have just blanked out like that? she wondered. Her cell phone rang from somewhere across the room, tearing her from her thoughts.
Stupid thing Talia cursed all technology vehemently. Aha! the laundry hamper.
"Hello?"
"Hey it's um, Patrick... from earlier?" Talia smiled to herself, she could see him staring at the ground.
"Oh hi," she said shyly.
"Um, you OK? Get everything straightened out?" he asked.
"Yeah, I'm at home now."
"Good," Awkward... "Listen, I was wondering..."
"Yeah?"
"You wanna um, hang out tomorrow or something?"
"Sure," Talia grinned bigger than she ever had in her life.
"Ok, see you then," Patrick said.
"Bye Patrick," she said, starting to close her phone.
"Wait!" Patrick shouted into the receiver, "I never got your name."
"I'm Talia," was all she could muster through her smile. She flipped the phone shut and walked out into the kitchen. Hanna stood at the stove, fixing - of all things, tacos. She set two plates on the table and sat down. Talia followed suit. Hanna began eating, as Talia just sat there, staring at the food as if it were drenched in cyanide.
"Yes, you like tacos. Now eat," Hanna commanded.
Talia sighed, her head ached and her stomach growled. Gladly, she obliged.
There was still so much she didn't know about her life, "Anything else I ought to know?" she asked through a mouth full of taco. Hanna was annoyed. She tired of having to explain the same things to Talia over and over. She knew Talia's life better than she knew her own.
"Yep, we live in this apartment," Hanna replied testily. That's all she cared to explain anymore. The rest was futile.
"Oh..." Talia was obviously not satisfied with this answer, "So, where were we last night?"
"A Fall Out Boy concert, they're your favorite band."
Talia's stomach lurched,"Fall Out Boy? Is there a guy named Patrick in it?"
Hanna looked at her as if she had lobsters growing out of her ears, "Well duh." Talia was beginning to resemble an anime character, her eyes were so wide. Seeing her shocked expression, Hanna suddenly became a little worried, "Why?" she asked suspiciously. Talia shifted in her seat, she was still a little apprehensive about talking to this person who claimed to be her best friend. She shrugged off her feelings of uncertainty.
"I met him earlier. I got lost and somehow ended up backstage. They'd just finished playing..." she racked her brain, trying to remember the song, "Two more weeks, my foot is in the door -"
"Saturday," Hanna interrupted.
"That one. Anyways, they were coming back and I asked them..." Talia paused to think, "I asked them where I was. When I said I didn't know who or where I was, Patrick took me to security so I could get some help. I think I got his number on my cell. I just got off the phone with him actually. He seemed nice..." Talia recounted the events, completely oblivious to how lucky she had been. A million teenyboppers would kill to have been in her position. Hanna's jaw dropped.
Uh oh... Talia thought, half expecting Hanna to be angry and not believe her, "I'm sorry, I thought you'd want to kn-"
"Oh.My.GOD, TALLY!" Hanna shrieked, "YOU MET PATRICK STUMP?"
"The one with the hat?"
"OH MY GOD!" Hanna was nearly shaking with excitement.
Talia chewed nervously on her dinner, afraid that if she said another word Hanna's head might explode.
"And you got his number?" Hanna asked, calming down a bit.
"Yeah," she replied timidly.
"You have got to call him back!"
"But I just got off the phone with him."
"Well then," Hanna replied dejectedly, "Call him. Soon."
"But I'm going out with him tomorrow."
"Oh.My.GOD, TALLY!" Talia stood up. She was slightly weirded out by all the excessive fangirling being done by her friend. She decided to go back to her room.

---

Talia sighed as she flopped down on her bed once again. She surveyed the room around her, noticing all the photos stuck to the walls. Hanna and she were in most of them, along with a third person, probably Stephanie, Talia guessed. But other than those three, Talia didn't recognize anyone in the photos. She looked at the photo that sat on her bedside table. It was her on her graduation day. She stood there, grinning broadly, next to a young man she didn't recognize. She guessed it was a cousin or a friend from high school. She wandered over to her desk, tears welling up in her eyes, she was so frustrated herself. She wanted to remember these people, this place. A simple blue notebook sat atop the desk. She opened it and began to read. "Dear Diary..." oh God. This was her diary. It stretched all the way back to high school, she read the first page and dropped the book back onto the desk. She collapsed onto her bed in tears. What am I gonna do? she wondered. There's so much she'd never remember, so much she'd never know...
What was she going to do?
Sign up to rate and review this story