Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We're Both On Borderline Obsession

Say Ok

by meeniemoe 9 reviews

Brendon and Alice talk to their cronies.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-03-31 - Updated: 2007-03-31 - 2681 words

1Ambiance
A/N: This chapter isn't as long as the others, but I had to post it because...Geets posted her fanfic (and if you aren't reading it, go read it now!) and I promised I'd continue if she finally posted hers. Not only that, but you guys are so dedicated to my story...I'd feel guilty if I left it incomplete. In other news, I've finally decided an ending to this story and the third-quel to this. =) I'm just telling you so you KNOW I have an intention on completing this story! Haha. Also, kudos to anyone/everyone who RATED this story: anything/everything from 'Original' to 'Exciting'. By the end of this whole entire three-quel, I intend for someone to rate it 'Ambiance' or 'Moving'...see where this is going? Okay, I think I've said too much. =P I have to leave a bit for you guys to chew! Homework has been bogging me down lately, so the next chapter will be up-- the latest-- the week after next. If I'm lucky, I'll update within the next week. I love you all. xoxo nat


Chapter Seven:
Say Ok

"Are you guys complete morons?...You left Brendon-irrational, irresponsible, unreliable Brendon-out there to fend for himself?" Ryan asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. It's not like he's a goddamned puppy, we don't have to look after him every time, for crying out loud." Jon retorted with a hint of annoyance in his voice. He didn't like it when Ryan was so ticked off at times. He and Brendon called this stage the 'Ryan's PMSing' stage. But Jon didn't realize that Ryan was so mad for a reason, and it wasn't because of Brendon.

"Who're you on the phone with?" Spencer asked tiredly as he sat down on the curb of the sidewalk. The three of them-Ryan, Spencer, and Jon-were sitting on the sidewalk, right next to Ryan's Mercedes. Every time the Mercedes car company came out with a new edition, Ryan insisted on buying one and selling his old one. Jon thought it was some type of weird Mercedes fetish he developed after their first album went platinum.

"Me? On the phone with whom?" Ryan asked, even though Spencer knew that Ryan knew what he was talking about. Ryan was holding his cell phone in his hand before Spencer and Jon arrived, and he was gripping it-hard. Jon looked at the veins that were popping out on Ryan's white knuckles. It was almost...scary.

"Er, dude, you ok?" Jon asked, a bit worried for his friend. Ryan looked down at his cell phone. "She broke up with me." Ryan said a bit disappointedly. (Okay, so a bit was a huge understatement...)

"Who?" Spencer asked, looking very befuddled for such a smart guy. Jon nudged Spencer in the side. For such a smart guy, he certainly responded to every physical aspect of life. Spencer jolted backwards, mumbling an 'ouch'. Ryan didn't have the effort or energy to even say anything, so he shook his head and just said, "I'm gonna wait in the car. If you guys need me. I guess. Or if Brendon comes back..."

"It's okay. We'll be mulling about anyways, we'll probably find Brendon somewhere if he doesn't harm himself first." Jon replied. It made Ryan smile a bit, but all the same, he disappeared inside his car to be a depressed for awhile. Jon bit his lip. Keltie and Ryan were together for nearly...five years now. It was crazy how they went through their ups and downs, but now...? Gone? Just like that? Jon wanted to ask, but knew it wasn't the time to. Ryan was obviously stunned and wasn't going to talk to Jon just yet. If anyone, he'd probably talk to Spencer first, just because he and Spencer had been friends since grade school.

Spencer and Jon continued talked about how Brendon probably managed to get himself into the audition after all (the stupid dimwit probably walked in forgetting he ever went with Spencer and Jon in the first place!) but they were proved wrong when they heard panting and fast footsteps behind them. Spencer heard it first, and turned around to see a sprinting Brendon.

"Brendon! Where'd you go? Outer space?...Jesus Christ, you look tired. Where'd you go?" Spencer asked over and over, patting Brendon's back as he choked on his own saliva. Finally, Brendon spat out the saliva he choked on. Jon grimaced, and asked, "Dude, what the hell happened? Why didn't you just come back to the parking lot?"

"I...I thought...I was...was going...to th-the parking...lot...but..." He was obviously still out of breath. Spencer shook his head. "You're crazy. You look like you've run to Pluto and back."

"Pluto's not a planet anymore." Brendon said quietly. Spencer frowned, and murmured, 'Oh that's right,' as Jon just rolled his eyes. But when Spencer looked a little closer, he saw that Brendon was practically smiling maniacally. "Are...are you okay? Did something happen to you? Are you some foreign alien that has taken over Brendon's body?!"

Jon laughed hysterically along with Spencer, but none of them heard Brendon say 'Alice' the first time. When the two calmed down a bit, Brendon repeated the name. "Alice." He said softly. Jon and Spencer looked at each other like Brendon was someone who needed to be admitted to the psychiatric ward. "Er...Alice?" Jon asked slowly. What if Brendon found out that we set him up? Jon thought quickly.

"Yeah...I...I saw her. She was at the audition." Brendon said.

"...You're fucking with us." Spencer replied, undeniably astounded. Usually authors don't make it to these types of auditions. They sign a contract saying, 'Yes, I'd like this novel turned to the silver screen, please' and then their part is over.

But not Alice, apparently.

"Oh my god. So what happened? Are you casted as someone, or what?" Jon asked as Spencer's mouth dropped in an 'o'. Brendon grinned wickedly. "I hope so."

"You hope so? I thought you weren't into this whole auditioning thing? I thought you didn't even want to act...you're a singer Brendon. Brendon. Listen to me. You're. A. Singer." Jon chanted, as he shook Brendon back and forth slightly. Brendon still held that goofy look on his face. It was torn between something rather ga-ga and something rather...insane.

"Let him do whatever the hell he wants," Spencer said, and pushed Jon's shoulder lightly. "If he wants to take out his revenge on Alice, just let him. Remember what she did to Brendon? She-"

"She went bitch-psycho on him when she saw Ryan and him rough housing. I remember. The piece of sh-"

"Don't talk like I'm not here!" Brendon roared immediately. That shut Jon up, and the three of them walked back to Ryan's car in silence. Brendon saw a slumped Ryan in the car. What?...

"Hey, is Ryan okay?" Brendon asked Spencer, leaning in front of Jon to look at him properly. Spencer shook his head confusedly. "Well...he said that Keltie broke up with him or something, so..."

"Fuck." Brendon muttered under his breath, and raced to the door of Ryan's Mercedes. "Ryan? Ryan?" He tapped on the glass. No movement. Fuck. What'd the kid do to himself?

"RYAN!" Brendon screamed over-dramatically. Ryan, who was completely startled, jolted upwards and hit his head against the roof of the car. "What the fuck was that for?!" A muffled yell came from Ryan inside the car. His windows were rolled all the way up, so his muffled voice made him sound like a squeaky toy trying to yell into a feathered pillow.

Ryan unlocked the doors and kept mumbling about how stupid his bandmates were. Everyone piled in, and they started off on the road. Ryan looked at Brendon warily, who was sitting in the passenger seat. Jon and Spencer were at the back, but no one was saying a word. "So everyone knows, huh?" Ryan broke the silence.

"About how you broke up with Keltie?" Spencer asked. "Yeah." Ryan said quietly. Another awkward silence ensued.

"How was your audition, Brendon?" Jon tried to make a little bit of small talk. Brendon said bluntly, "Well, it doesn't matter now, but I saw Alice and we kissed."

"What?!" Spencer asked with incredulity. Ryan, who was ultimately shocked as well, swerved on the road. Jon laughed.

"Why is it such a big deal? This happened before. We kiss, we make up, we don't see each other for four years. It'll be a pattern before you know it." Brendon grumbled. Ryan shook his head. "If you guys have this thing going on, it'll just keep up. Maybe you guys were a little too...immature for the previous relationship you had."

"But I shouldn't even care. It was a game. It all was a game..." Brendon whispered as he looked out his window.

*

"Please don't tell me this is the same Brendon Urie you had a relationship with like...three years ago." Alice's mother groaned on the other line. Alice twirled a strand of wet hair around one of her fingers. "What if I said it's the exact same one?"

"Then...well...it's up to the casting director now." Mrs. Bolton sighed. Alice sighed as well. What else was she about to say? She couldn't tell her mother it would be alright, that everything would be fine, that she wouldn't fall in love with Brendon again. Because she would. In fact, I already have.

"Well. You're not saying anything," Mrs. Bolton said a bit nervously. Alice fidgeted. Her mother knew something was up; she would probably find out by the end of the phone call that there would be nothing that she could do to stop the re-ignition of this complicated romance.

"So I guess you still love him," Her mother concluded finally. Alice nodded. "I think so. I don't know. Well...it's hard..." Alice mumbled, trying to avoid verbal diarrhea, but not quite succeeding.

"It's okay. You don't have to say anymore. The pot roast is nearly done, anyways. I'll talk to you soon, honey."

"Okay, bye mom-"

"Hang on, wait, I just want to tell you one last thing-maybe you should try putting yourself in his shoes. Imagine what he felt like when you went off that day...four years ago. I don't know. It might help. In any case, it might be good to befriend him again."

"Mom. His friends hate me."

"Not all of them. Bye now." Her mom said firmly before hanging up. Not all of them? How the hell would she know, of all people? Alice thought rigidly as she slammed down the phone. It was all so complicated. How did she even get into this mess?

"Hey girl." Sarah greeted as she stepped through the doorway. "Sarah!" Alice said with exhaustion in her voice. Quickly, the two embraced for a quick hug. "Mm, I smell something good," Sarah grinned, and walked towards the kitchen.

"Yeah, I decided gourmet mac and cheese would do the job while you were taking a shower," Alice laughed, and stirred the pot around a few times before dropping the ladle. Sarah nodded, and then took another look at Alice. "You sure you're alright? Even after..."

"Yeah." Alice replied quickly. She didn't want to talk about it anymore. She figured that if she let everything fall into place, things would turn out ok in the end. The two stood there, shifting their weight from one side to the other. Finally, Sarah added, "Well, I just rented the movie Shrek from blockbuster, if you want to watch."

"That'd be great, I'll get the bowls for the mac and cheese, and I'll see you on the couch." Alice chimed in. It seemed that everything was awkward...especially after that whole Brendon kissing incident that day. Now Liz knew about the whole situation-that the book was about him and everything-her mom knew she was in love with him, his friends probably hated her, her room mate, Sarah, probably knew everything and more about how her day went, but most of all...she felt like everyone could see into her as if she were a looking-glass, merely there to be looked at.

So when the night is dead, I guess I'll crawl into my bed...and once again, it's a night all alone. Especially when you're spending everyday on your own...life is a nightmare. Sounds so teenagerly-hormonal, but it's the fuckin' deal.

...I swear to god it's his fault.


*

"Alice. Alice...Alice!" Sarah tapped her friend's shoulder over and over again. Alice just groaned and rolled over. "What...?" She murmured distantly, her voice muffled by the pillow she stuffed her face into. Sarah rolled her eyes, "Look, I know you're in your little depression thing here, but I'm kinda hungry, my car's at the garage getting fixed, and-"

"The keys are in my underwear drawer." The muffled said a bit louder. Sarah looked at her friend. I hope she feels better... "Okay," Sarah replied, and fetched the keys before heading out the door. When the door closed, Alice rolled onto her back. As her mattress creaked ever-so-slightly, she stared up at the ceiling.

Life is a nightmare, and I know that it's not fair...but hey, c'est la vie...

And then, her home phone rang. Oh yeah, great timing. Alice decided she didn't want to pick up the phone. Fuckit. That's why they have answering machines; you don't have to pick 'em up. So she sat there, listening to the annoying ringing, and then her answering machine came on.

"Hi Alice, it's Derek. I just wanted to discuss a couple things about the casting-"

"Hello?!" Alice asked, out of breath. She had dashed to get to the phone, to pick it up, to hear the good news that Brendon wasn't going to be in her film. My film.

"Hi! I thought that you weren't there for a moment. Anyways, if you heard my message-"

"Yeah, I did, fortunately." Alice tried to say as politely as possible. "What about the casting? Have we gotten our Brend-I mean, have we gotten our 'Tommy' yet?" She pressed.

"Yes, actually, I was just coming to that...but first, I wanted to ask you a question before we started auditions for Gina, your main role in your novel..."

"Right."

"Well, I really thought you fitting for the part when I saw-" But Derek was cut off once again. Funny, how he never once complained about the several interruptions throughout the phone call...

"Who's been cast as Tommy? I saw a lot of promising ones after the first guy who auditioned while I was there...what's his name again...?" Alice pretended to forget Brendon's name.

"Brendon Urie. Yes. Well, we have decided our main role, and actually, the role goes to Brendon."

"..."

"Hello?" Derek asked in a concerned manner.

"Er...ah...sorry, I think the um...connection got cut off for a sec. Um...who's been cast as Bre-I mean, Tommy?"

"Brendon Urie. You know, that rockstar singer that-"

"Yes. Okay. And...in my contract, it said I didn't have any power over casting, right?"

"Yes, but Brendon seems perfect for the role. It's as if he'd done it before...I can sincerely say with admittance that I've never seen a rockstar capable of such acting abilities in my life as a director."

"Ok...okay." Alice said shakily.

"I was also wondering...well, I was thinking about offering you the part of Gina, your main female role-"

"No." Alice said firmly this time, putting her foot down. The director was shocked for a moment about the stiff choice made. After a moment of awkward silence, Alice said, "Thanks for the offer, though. I'm sorry, I'm cooking something and I think it's burning. I better switch the stove off before the fire alarm goes off. I'll see you later today though about casting...thanks Derek. Bye. Send my regards to Bonnie."

She slammed the phone down with a crash. So that was it. He was cast as himself. How. Terribly. Ironic.
Sign up to rate and review this story