Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Is Saving You Worth The Pain?

Chapter 3 - The Sinking Feeling of Being Lonely

by Cucumber 3 reviews

Peter Wentz

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-04-02 - Updated: 2007-04-02 - 1339 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3 - The Sinking Feeling of Being Lonely
Peter Wentz


"Why didn't you ask them to join us?"

"What?"

Joe looked at me, or more like stared.

"You had 3 gorgeous girls on your doorstep and you didn't invite them in - why not?"

"They're all probably married."

"Has that ever stopped you before?"

"No, but still."

Joe just shook his head and murmured something I couldn't make out. I was having some of my friends over for a house warming party. They all knew about my sexy, married neighbor and they had been hoping to meet her.

"Can I go and invite them over?"

"No Joe, you can't."

"Why not? They're hot and most definitely up for a laugh."

"Because it's just pathetic to be lusting after married women."

"Who said anything about lusting, Pete?"

"Stop twisting my words!"

My eyes traveled, subconsciously, towards her house.

"You got it bad Pete, really bad."


The next morning I didn't wake up alone. Somehow a girl I had never seen before had made her way to my bed. Her back was turned to me and all I could see was red hair. I had no recollection of ever bringing a girl to my bedroom, I don't think that there were girls at my party and we didn't go out.

The uncertainty was killing me so I lightly hit the girl on her shoulder. She twisted in her sleep and rolled over on her back. My eyes widened as I realized that it wasn't a girl that was lying next to me, it was -

"Andy!"

He opened his eyes slowly.

"Morning Pete. You should get a new bed."

"What the fuck are you doing in my bed?"

"Sleeping?"

He sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Let me rephrase the question - how did you end up in my bed?"

"I didn't want to take a taxi home so you offered me to stay here."

"Was I really so drunk that I actually let you stay in my bed, next to me?"

"Obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be here."

"Just get out of my bed."

"Can I use your shower?"

"Yes, just get out of my bed! What of someone saw us like this?"

"We're in your bedroom in your locked house. Who could possibly see us?"

"Andy, do you want to be beaten up?"

"By you?" He raised an eyebrow. "You couldn't beat me."

I shoot him a mean glare and he huffed.

"Fine."

He stood up, revealing that he had no clothes on.

"You slept naked next to me?!"

"Don't be a homophobic prude Pete, I always sleep naked."

I shuddered and got off the bed. I'd better clean these sheets.


I had just finished to strip my bed when the doorbell rang. Without even thinking I ran downstairs and opened the door. Outside stood my sexy neighbor.

"Oh, I hope I didn't wake you."

Her eyes traveled down my body and I made me feel uncomfortably aware that I was only wearing my boxers.

"No, I was already up. Do you want to come in?"

"No, no. That's not necessary. I came to apologize for my behavior last night, I had no right to come over and tell you to turn off the music."

"It doesn't really matter, I should have invited you guys in."

She smiled.

"There's always next time. I also wanted to ask you something, a favor."

Before she could continue Andy started to yell.

"For fuck's sake Peter! Where do you keep real size towels?"

Her eyes widened, I guess she never saw that coming. Andy walked down the stairs, a very, very small towel hardly covering anything draped around his waist.

"Oh, I didn't know you had company. I'm Andy, Pete's band mate."

This is not good, not good at all. Christine was obviously in shock since she didn't say anything back.

"This is Christine, my neighbor."

"The sexy one? You sure know how to pick 'em."

"The towels are upstairs."

"Oh, okay."

He walked back up upstairs.

"I'm sorry, what were you going to ask me?"

"Oh that, it doesn't really matter. I'll see you around, okay?"

She smiled before turning around and almost running towards her house. Great, just fucking great. I ran up the stairs and met fully dressed Andy on my way up them.

"She's fucking sexy man!"

"And now she probably thinks I'm fucking gay!"

"Why's that a bad thing, she's already married."

I ran my hand through my hair.

"I'm gonna go now, I promised to hang out with my cousin today."

I just nodded, I was too afraid that if I said something it would just be curses. Once the front door slammed shut I saw down in the stairs, my face in my hands.


No matter how hard I tried to convince myself to believe the opposite, I was terribly lonely. I sat in my stairs for a long time, just thinking. My mind went all over the place, but I somehow always ended up thinking about Christine, a woman I hadn't even know for a week. Maybe I should go and see her, apologize for earlier.

But first I need to get dressed.


I knocked on her front door, still uncertain what I was really doing. She opened the door and a smile that had covered her face faded a bit but she still tried to keep it on.

"Peter, what's up?"

"I just wanted to apologize for earlier. My friend doesn't know his limits."

"Come on in."

I followed her through the house and to the kitchen. She pointed to a chair and I sat down.

"Want something to drink?"

"No, thanks."

She sat down opposite me, a glass of something in her hand.

"Just one quick question, are you gay?"

"No, I'm all for girls."

"Then what was that half naked guy doing in your house this morning?"

She even looks pretty when she frowns.

"He fell asleep in my bed last night and ..." I sighed. "He's a weirdo, that's the only explanation I can give you."

She nodded.

"Okay, since you're all for girls, would you like to go out with my friend?"

"What?"

"Lily, you met her last night. She's a big fan, or something."

"I don't know."

Why is she setting me up with her friend?

"We could double! Me and Daniel and you two."

A dinner with her and her husband? Is that a good idea Wentz?

"I'll think about it, I need to check my schedule and stuff like that."

"Of course, you know where to find me!"

She stood up.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to meet up with the parents."


Once I got to my house I turned on the TV. The silence in the house was too overbearing for my liking. I need a roommate or something. Or just a girlfriend. I slumped down in my couch, a bottle of an alcoholic spirit in my hand. I could go and meet up with the guys, but this couch was just way to tempting.

I was awoken by a loud banging on my front door. I looked at my watch - 2am. God knows how long I have been asleep here. The banging on my door didn't seem to be stopping so I stood up to answer.

I wouldn't have been more surprised if the fucking Pope had been on my doorstep.

"Christine?!"

She didn't answer back, instead she just grinned. She put her hands on my shoulders and pulled herself closer to me.

What the fuck is she doing?

My mind didn't register the kiss from her immediately but my body acted on impulse. My hands wrapped around her, my tongue invaded into her mouth and I felt myself going backwards into the house. Before we got any far she broke away, a big smile on her face.

"You sure know how to kiss Peter Wentz. Goodnight."

And with that she was gone. My lips tingled from her touch and my breath was rigged.

What the hell just happened?
Sign up to rate and review this story