Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Is Saving You Worth The Pain?

Chapter 4 - The Horrible Feeling of Regret

by Cucumber 1 review

Christine Sommers

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-04-27 - Updated: 2007-04-27 - 1111 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4 - The Horrible Feeling of Regret
Christine Sommers

I'll be the first to admit that I never thought Peter was gay, but I just had to ask. Lily called me every 5 minutes to see if I had asked him on a date for her, but I always diverted the conversation to something else.

I still cannot believe I told him that we could double! Daniel will never agree to that.

After a quiet dinner with my parents I met up with my friends at our favorite bar.

And I drank way too much.

I drank so much that I ended up nearly breaking down my neighbor's front door and attacking him with kisses.

Why can't I stay away from alcohol, I never do clever things when I'm drunk. Let's just hope he doesn't remember it. I just wish I could find a way to forget all about it. The way his hands caressed my hips, the way his tongue...

Stop it! You're married for fuck's sake Christine! Stop lusting after a guy who's so not worthy of you.

I picked up my phone and dialed a number I had done so many times before when I had done something stupid.

"Christine! About time I heard from you!"

"Hey Julie, are you busy?"

"Nah, not really. What did you do now?"

Julie has been my best friend since high school, we've always been able to talk about everything and even solving each other's problems. Somehow she always ended up solving mine though.

"A really good looking bachelor moved into my street last week."

"Ah, and you have a crush on him?"

"I dunno, he's hot, I guess."

"Spill it, what did you do?"

"I got a bit drunk last night, nearly broke down his front door and kissed him!"

I heard her gasp.

"I did not see that coming. You kissed him? Was it good?"

"Yeah, are you not seeing the real problem here?"

"What? That you are lusting after your neighbor?"

"No! That I'm married!"

"Oh right, chill Christine. It was just one kiss. Just play it cool."

"Yeah, but..." Should I continue with this sentence?

"You want more?"
How can you read someone's mind through a telephone line?

"Never mind. I'll call you later."

"You can't run away from your feelings Christine. Be careful."

I may not be able to run away from them, but I should be able to hide. Right?


"Honey, I'm home!"

I couldn't help smiling as I heard Daniel's voice. He always came up with different phrases when he came home after long trips away. He came into the kitchen where I was mixing drinks for us. He kissed me on the cheek before taking a glass.

"It's good to be home."

"It's good to see you."

He stood by the kitchen window and stared out.

"How are the new neighbors?"

"He is alright."

"He? We got a gay bachelor or something?"

"No, we got a straight bachelor who's in a band."

"Oh, well. Have you talked to him?"

"Yeah, couple of times. Lily is desperate for me to set them up on a date."

"Really?"

"But he only agreed to go out with her if we would double - you and me and them."

His face fell.

"I've told you this million times before. I don't do double dates, especially not when they are first dates."

I bit my lower lip.

"You will figure something out, you're a clever woman."

He walked out of the kitchen with his dink in his hand. I felt my pocket vibrate so I picked up my phone.

"Have you asked him yet?"

"What? Lily?"

"Yeah, common, have you asked Pete if he wants to go on a date with him?"

"That, I did. He wants to go..."

"Oh, fantastic!"


"...if me and Daniel go too."

"Oh. Fuck. So we're not going then?"

"I wouldn't count on it. I'm not gonna tell Daniel that he has to go on a date with us. He doesn't do doubles."

"Crap. Well, I'll think of a way to persuade him."

"Whom?"

"Pete, of course. If he gets to know me he'll ask me out in no time!"

"Right. And how are you going to do that?"

"You throw a party and invite him!"


We were sitting on the couch, watching TV, his arm around my shoulders, when the doorbell rang. We looked at each other and Daniel sighed.

"Fine, I'll get it."

See what a woman can do without opening her mouth! I heard him answer the door and talk to someone. Not even minute later the door was slammed shut and Daniel appeared in the doorway, holding a pizza box.

"Did you order a pizza?"

"No, did you?"

"Nope, maybe he got the address wrong."

I stood up from the couch and took the pizza box.

"Did you pay for it?"

"Yeah, he wouldn't believe I hadn't ordered it. Seriously, who in this street would order a pizza?"

I looked up from the box.

"Peter."

"Whom?"

"Our new neighbor. He's a bachelor and we both know that those can't cook."

"Alright. I'll bring it over to him."

He took the box away from me. He pecked me on the lips.

"I won't be long."

Well, I guess meeting the new neighbor is sort of inevitable. I just hope Peter doesn't say anything inappropriate.

3 hours later Daniel hadn't returned. I was starting to wonder if he had been kidnapped or if he was really taking ages to find our next-door neighbor's house. I sighed and stood up; maybe I should go over there and see what's keeping him so long. Or maybe I should just wait a little longer.

It was almost midnight and Daniel hadn't yet returned. Now it was time to see what was really keeping him. I grabbed my sweater and walked over there. I knocked impatiently on the door and tapped my foot in annoyance when I heard footsteps from within. The door opened and Peter appeared with a big smile on his face.

"You came to kiss me again?"

"No, I'm looking for my husband. Is he here?"

"Well, if he's the bloke that came over earlier, then he might be your husband."

I saw Daniel stumbling towards us.

"Hey babe! What are you doing here?"

He got Daniel drunk?

"What did you do?"

Pete lifted his hands up in defense.

"We just got one drink."

"And that one drink turned into many. Maybe I should get going."

I watched, almost in horror, as the two men said good-bye to each other by first shaking hands, then hugging each other tightly.

Looks like I have competition towards Peter's attention.
Sign up to rate and review this story