Categories > Original > Romance > The Seduction Of Lady Anne

Sir Richard's Return

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

After years at war, Sir Richard returns to claim his betrothed. He finds a not so willing woman that he must persuade to become his bride.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2007-04-04 - Updated: 2007-04-05 - 372 words

0Unrated
The maid quickly ran across the court yard and up the back steps of the castle. She ran up to the tower room where Lady Anne slept and pounded on the door. Lady Anne's maid Gertrude answered the door and looked at the maid with her eyebrow raised. The maid breathlessly said "he has come," in response to Gertrude's unasked question. Gertrude gasped than motioned the maid inside saying,"well don't just stand there Marie. Come in and tell my lady the news." Marie walked past Gertrude into the room where Lady Anne sat at a loom next to the fire. "My lady," Marie whispered, "HE has come." Lady Anne looked up sharply and looked at Gertrude for conformation. Gertrude looked at her sadly and said "yes my lady, it's true. Look out the window." Lady Anne stood up and crossed the chamber and looked out the window that faced the court yard. There was thirty knights milling around, among them Lady Anne saw the man she feared the most, her betrothed.

Richard of Elsa was dismounting from his horse when he saw movement in a nearby window. He faced it just in time to see a glimpse of a beautiful black haired woman. He smiled slightly, "ah" he thought "my betrothed awaits." He dismounted and faced a white haired man who had come out of the castle. "Greetings, Sir Richard," the man said formally, bowing slightly. "Greetings Lord Gavin," Sir Richard said in return. Lord Gavin gestured toward the castle, "please come in and refresh yourself after your long journey." He said, "I'll send for Lady Anne, so you may see your betrothed." The two men entered the castle and sat in two chairs by the roaring fire. Lord Gavin gestured to wards a waiting servant. "Fetch Lady Anne," he said and the servant hurried to do his bidding. Lord Gavin turned to Sir Richard and said "my daughter has been anxiously awaiting your return. It's a pity you had to go off to war, you could've married her sooner." The servant appeared and whispered in Lord Gavin's ear. Lord Gavin looked at the servant in shock, than turned to Sir Richard, it seems my daughter had refused to come down."
Sign up to rate and review this story