Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We're Something Corporate

Mutually Exclusive

by Sedated_Passion 4 reviews

The most forbidden romance is the one Mikaela keeps in her diary. She's in love with a guy four years older. He's legal, she's not. He's matured, she hasn't. When the tabloids get a hold of the ...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-03-24 - Updated: 2007-03-24 - 982 words

0Unrated
He looked at the girl beside him. She was, without a doubt, the most clichéd person he had ever met. She hated society, and she dressed in black. Well today she was dressed in black; yesterday she was wearing orange. He shook his head.

Her black-rimmed rectangular glasses slid low on her nose, but all she did was push them back up the bridge of her nose. Her dark chocolate brown hair was as straight as a pin, lying mere inches below her breast bone. Her bangs were parted to the left, swept over softly right above her eyebrow.


He was half-aware of the fact that she looked at him from the corner of the eye. He was completely oblivious to the dare-devil smirk on her face.


He blinked a couple of times, before mechanically turning his head back to the front and attempting to pay attention to the figure standing before him.


"Alright Brendon, does that sound good to you?" The boy in question shook his head, his brown eyes clearing somewhat, as he looked at the speaker with a confused look.


He heard a soft giggle, and knew for a fact it was the girl he had been looking at only moments before. "Brendon," she whispered, "you're so flushed!"


Slowly, he brought a hand up to his face, and felt his cheek. His skin did feel rather warm. He then lurched forwards when something connected with the back of his head.


As if the world had come crashing in on him, he was suddenly back in reality. His eyes were clear and focused, and his brain moving in fast ways to come up with a plan to kill the female beside him.


The sun danced off the lenses of her glasses, making it impossible for Brendon to see all the different emotions flicker across her face.


"Oh my god B, don't shoot!" Finding her own joke immensely hysterical, her giggles turned into full-fledged hiccup-causing laughter.


Brendon raised his eyebrows at her in confusion, before returning the utter look of bewilderment his companion had. "Ryan," Brendon said slowly.


The figure standing before Brendon snorted. "Yeah Brendon, I don't get it either."


Then, as if a thought had struck them both, they started laughing. Not understanding why they were laughing, the girl sitting opposite from Brendon stopped laughing, and pouted at the two.


"Guys," she whined, taping Brendon on the knee lightly to get his attention. "Stop! It isn't funny..." her whining only served as fuel to the fire of Ryan and Brendon's laughter.


"Come on Mikaela," Ryan said between bouts of laughter. "You giggle like a chipmunk!"


This only made Mikaela's brow furrow, and Brendon to stop laughing immediately. "A chipmunk? Rye, she sounds like a fucking foghorn!"


Mikaela shoved Brendon hard. "You're such a bitch, Brendon."


Leaning back on her hands, Mikaela was skeptical when a soft smile spread across Brendon's lips and his eyes shone affectionately. "Sweetheart..."


Mikaela knew what was coming next. To prepare her from the onset, she put a hand out in front of her chest as what she hoped would be a shield of some sort, and turned her head away. "No B, leave me alone!" She said in a mock-whining voice.


"Dollface..."


"Brendon, please don't..." she squeezed her eyes shut, but when no contact was made between her and Brendon, she slowly opened her eyes to find him nearly nose-to-nose with her.


"Babycakes..."


"Mister Urie, stop using that charm on me this /instant/!"


Brendon sighed dramatically, before pulling back. "Oh Mickey, how you wound me so."


Mikaela gave him the hairy eyeball. It was refreshing when Brendon didn't try and attack her on the picnic table. Instead, he grabbed her fingers and dragged her off the picnic table.


Mikaela, Ryan and Brendon walked quietly down the street, with Mikaela looking at her shoes in a timid manner. It was oddly quiet on the streets of Las Vegas - usually the creepy people Mikaela deemed 'child molesters' kept her on her toes. Today, however, it seemed as though no-one wanted to be outside. Not even the scarce bird bothered the tranquil air. However, that was fine with Mikaela. Lately she had just enjoyed being around Brendon.


"Sit tight, I'm going to need you to keep time. Come on just snap, snap; snap your fingers for me!"


Mikaela giggled as Brendon stopped walking and twirled her around. "Good, good, now we're making some progress; come on just tap, tap, tap your toes to the beat."


After twirling her again, Brendon pulled on her hand and brought her body flush against his and placed his right hand on her hip. Mikaela's smile faded slowly as she robotically placed her left hand on his shoulder.


Brendon leaned in close to her, still singing softly to her, "And I believe, this may call for a proper introduction."


Mikaela was so entranced by Brendon's soft voice, that she never noticed the teenage girl walking backwards towards her and Brendon.


"Mikaela..." Ryan tried to warn Mikaela, but just as her name left his mouth, the girl backed into Mikaela which sent her crashing into Brendon.


Just like that, the moment was ruined.


The girl apologized quietly, as her friends giggled; having noticed and recognized Brendon and Ryan. Like they were on fire, Brendon and Mikaela jumped apart.


Mikaela looked down at her shoes, blushing madly, while Brendon just smiled bashfully at the girls.


"Wow," Brendon breathed when the girls we out of sight and earshot, "someone almost saw us together."


Mikaela hung her head. Taking them off to wipe them, Mikaela wondered what could've possibly fogged up and misted her lenses. However, when she noticed Ryan's apologetic look, she realized she had been crying. Why? She had no idea. All she did know is that no one could know about her exclusive relationship with Brendon, and they had almost been caught.
Sign up to rate and review this story