Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We're Something Corporate

Make Me Understand

by Sedated_Passion 1 review

The old stage creaked under the pressure, and the footsteps echoed in the giant auditorium. "Hey doll, why the long face?"

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-05 - Updated: 2007-04-06 - 1478 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

Mikaela cocked her head to the side as she swung her legs over the side of the stage slowly. In the background an acoustic guitar started playing softly. Mikaela took no notice because she was there to watch them rehearse.

The old stage creaked under the pressure, and the footsteps echoed in the giant auditorium. "Hey doll, why the long face?"

Mikaela sighed quietly before giving a small smile to the boy next to her. "Hey Jon." Jon stopped strumming and put the guitar down beside him.

"It isn't because I threw my pick at you after our last song, was it? Because I didn't mean for it to upset you or anything, I just..."

"Sometimes I wonder, you know?"

Jon stopped talking and looked at the girl as she stared at the ceiling, and began swinging her legs again. "I mean, when I first met Brendon, the whole 'we can't be caught' thing sounded so you know..." she paused to look at Jon's questioning face before blushing madly at her lap, "...exciting," she finished lamely.

Jon grinned, "I'm sensing some sexual unfulfilled-ness?"

Mikaela gasped in mock indignation, before shoving Jon lightly. Jon laughed, before resting all his weight on his left hand. He looked at Mikaela thoughtfully. "Did you ever think about talking to Brendon?"

Mikaela bit her lip and shrugged. "Everything's about the band right now. Maybe I should just wait until you guys get out of the fast lane."

Jon put his hand over Mikaela's. "This is the music business, sweetheart. We may never get out of the fast lane." He finished with an apologetic smile. "And anyways, someone like you should never settle for being second best."

Mikaela kept smiling at her lap. "Someone like me?" she asked softly.

"Yeah," his voice resounded softly, "someone perfect in every way."

Mikaela was speechless. She stopped swinging her legs and looked at Jon as if he had proposed to her. Only, he wasn't looking at her. His hand withdrew from hers, as he looked over their shoulders. Following his gaze, she saw Brendon holding a single dandelion, and standing under one of the spotlights.

From her peripheral vision, she saw Jon look back at her. She looked back at him, noticing his cheeky grin. She opened her mouth to speak, but Jon just put a finger to his lips and winked.

Mikaela watched as he got up and left, that cheeky smile never leaving his face.

Standing slowly, Mikaela didn't want to make eye contact with Brendon. Finally, when they were standing about a foot apart, Mikaela looked up. "So, um, how much did you hear?"

Brendon smiled softly before stepping forward and tucking hair behind her ear. "Mickey, I care about you, so much."

Mikaela looked up at him. "What?"

Brendon smiled, before resting his forehead against Mikaela's. "Do I really have to tell you why?"

Mikaela sighed, closing her eyes. "No."

Brendon kissed the tip of her nose. "I love the way you smile. I love the way you laugh. I love the way you push your glasses up your nose. I love your eyes. I love your style. I love your independence."

"Brendon, you really don't have to -"

Brendon kissed her softly on the side of her mouth. "Jon's right. You do have a long face. Even though you're absolutely gorgeous when you're upset, I hate to see you cry."

Tears welled up in Mikaela's eyes. "Brendon, I -"

"Hey now," Brendon interrupted, tilting her chin up and catching a tear with his thumb, "don't cry beautiful."

Mikaela's lower lip began to tremble, which only caused Brendon to turn up the wattage of his smile. Mikaela used her fingers to wipe away the sporadic tears that fell down her cheeks, as she stepped closer to him and into his embrace.

The sniveling subsided as she just stayed clasped in his arms, and his cheek resting against the top of her head. "I consider myself the luckiest guy on earth right now because I met you. I know you think I put you on the backburner a lot -"

Mikaela shifted against Brendon, and Brendon heaved a soft breath. As Mikaela began to speak, Brendon raised his voice, ignoring her attempts to speak. "But I really care about you, and nothing, /not even this band/, will come before you."

Mikaela stepped away from him, chuckling, and looked at him. Her hands moved up his arms, until they rested around his neck. She played with the hair at the nape of his neck, and his arms tightened around her waist. "Is this where I'm supposed to fall madly in love with you, declare that undying love for you, and then hop in the sack?"

Brendon looked appalled, "sack? Dearest Mikaela! You're innocent little mind has been... warped by the likes of my band mates!"

Mikaela giggled, resting her head back against his shoulder.

"Plus, I would've done major ass kissing if I wanted you to 'hop in the sack' as you put it."

Mikaela slapped his shoulder. "Brendon..."

"But right now," he interrupted, "I just want to spend time with you. Let's go back to my apartment and order all this shit our parents always told us was wrong."

Mikaela jumped back in horror.

"Pizza with candy and shit on it, Mikaela," Brendon quipped dryly.

Mikaela looked down at her shoes out of embarrassment.

"However," Brendon murmured in her ear, his hands snaking around her waist again, "whatever we do after the movie is completely up to you."

Her head shot up, her eyes widening as her brain thought about what Brendon had just said. Then, as if it had all settled in, her mouth closed and a mischievous look settled behind her eyes.

She bit her lip, placing her hands against Brendon's chest. Her mouth moved closer to his ear, as she slowly began running her hands slowly up and down his chest and shoulders. "Brendon," she whispered, watching from the corner of her eye as his gaze settled on her hips.

She felt his hands slide down to her hips, and his lips graze her bare shoulder.

"Whatever we do before the pizza is completely up to you." Her voice was low and her breath warm against his neck, she knew for a fact. She caught his earlobe between her teeth, and pulled gently. "I'm up for whatever you are," she finished, biting the soft flesh of his throat right under his jaw.

"M-Mik-kaela," Brendon stuttered. Mikaela could feel his Adam's apple move repeatedly, as he swallowed repeatedly. "Don't fight it B," she said softly, un-tucking his shirt and letting her hands travel up his recently flushed skin.

"Brendon," she sang softly, lightly dragging her nails across his back. That's what did it. Actually, probably a combination of the things she was doing to him did it, but whatever it was, really did it.

Before she could blink an eye, he turned her around and backed her roughly into the wall behind them - not that she was complaining. She wanted Brendon to finish what she herself had started. She encouraged what he was doing by letting out small moans randomly.

His hands began roaming around her stomach and back, as his lips assaulted whatever patch of bare skin they could. When Brendon kissed the extra-sensitive spot on the side of her neck, she gasped. As her knees gave way, she realized she would've fallen if Brendon didn't have such a hold on her. As if it were the day where all the realizations in the world dawned on her, she discovered she couldn't handle this.

She'd never be close enough to Brendon to satisfy herself. She was in way too deep. He grew up in a Mormon household, and asking him to sacrifice his religion - the way he lived - was simply out of the question. She wouldn't do that to him. "Brendon, I think we -"

"I love your smell," he murmured, as if he hadn't heard her. "I love your personality. I love the way you act when you're concentrating hard on something." He kissed her collarbone. "I love your nose." He kissed her jaw. "I love your fingers." He stopped kissing her to make eye contact with her. She noticed, as her heart swelled, that his eyes were so clear, and so passionate - and not in the sexual sense. He was passionate about everything. He took her hand, and kissed every finger individually, never breaking eye contact with her. "Please don't ever question how I feel about you."

She smiled. "I won't if you can admit you almost lost control there."

Brendon's grin was sudden, "I'll admit it if you admit you enjoyed every minute of it."

Leaning forward, Mikaela bit his neck, leaving a soon-to-be mark. "I always do Brendon." With that, she slipped out from his grasp and left, stage right.
Sign up to rate and review this story