Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We're Something Corporate

Coming From the Lips of an Angel

by Sedated_Passion 3 reviews

By now, the two of them were outside, and in front of a huge tour bus. "Oh, because this isn't suspicious at all!" Mikaela exclaimed dryly, walking towards the bus.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-05-05 - Updated: 2007-05-06 - 2390 words

0Unrated
After spending an hour and a half in math, and being bored out of her mind; Mikaela wondered why she had taken the extra course.

"It'll look wonderful on your university application/." When Mikaela imagined her father's beaming face, her heart sank. /That's why she took the class; to impress her father.

"And that's when you use the Pythagorean Theorem to - Mikaela Masterson; did you hear a word I just said?"

Mikaela looked up at her teacher, just as everyone in the class turned to look at her. Luckily enough for her, Mikaela could be doing shit all during the teacher's lecture, yet somehow manage to retain all the information.

"Yes," Mikaela lied, holding up a lined piece of paper with her notes on it.

Not believing her for a second although not having any proof otherwise, the teacher turned her nose up at Mikaela and resumed teaching the rest of the class.

The bell signaling the end of class couldn't have come soon enough, Mikaela decided, as she exited the foul-smelling math room.

"Well M and M, I can see you're in a hurry to get out of there." Turning around quickly, Mikaela was greeted by the smell she knew only belonged to Nathanial James Matthews, AKA, the best guy in the world.

"Oh Nathanial," she sighed, falling into step with him and burying her nose in his shoulder, "the foul old witch tried to get me again, but my work was miraculously finished!"

Nathan laughed. "First off doll, it's /Nathan/, not /Nathanial/. That is my god-given name, and you are by no means God, so you have to call me Nathan. And second of all..." He trailed off, not having anything else to say.

"I thought your mom named you Nathanial?" Mikaela asked innocently. She started laughing when Nathan pushed her playfully into the lockers. Their laughter died slowly as they just fell in step with each other.

Mikaela's next class came first, so the two of them stopped outside the gloomy looking English room. Even without looking in the class, she knew Chastity was already there. Mikaela could tell by the deafening silence that overcame her class, except for the two people talking.

"/No, she's just a whore/," the first voice came snidely, "/I'll ruin her reputation at this school, don't worry/." It was Chastity, of course. Chastity wasn't the typical blonde bimbo, however.

Chastity's heritage was Spanish. She was tall, slender, with gorgeous brown eyes (which Mikaela begrudgingly admitted reminded her of Brendon's eyes), and long, luscious black hair. Chastity was smart, class president, and an athlete. In a sense, she was perfect.

She must've had a look on her face, because Nathan's eyes became sympathetic, and an encouraging smile broke out across his face. "Oh come on M and M, she isn't that bad. Just ignore her and she'll ignore you."

The bell above them signaled, and Nathan took a step closer to her. "Don't worry doll, I'm right next class. If she pissed you off too much, excuse yourself and come get me."

Mikaela smiled. "Thanks Nate. I'll see you next period."

With a nod of his head, Nathan turned on his heel and went into the room next door. Taking a deep breath, Mikaela made her way into the classroom. As she walked through the door, everyone in the room stopped talking (well, the few that felt brave enough to talk in the presence of Chastity) and looked at her. No, it wasn't because she had food in her teeth or because she was trailing toilet paper behind her; it was because she was the last to arrive to class after the bell. It happened to everyone.

"Mikaela," her English teacher interrupted her thoughts, "it's nice of you to join us, but we're not here to stare at you; so please take your seat."

Mikaela was just so out of it that she didn't notice the quiet snickering coming from around her.

However, as expected, English was a complete bust. It was so annoying, and Chastity's ever present voice didn't help matters. At one point, Chastity had even made a crude comment about something, and when Mikaela didn't have the reaction Chastity had hoped for, the Spanish beauty singled Mikaela out and tried to hurt her self confidence. Tried, however, and failed.

"Oh fuck off," Mikaela snapped, sinking lower in her seat and trying to dull the nauseous feeling she was getting.

Mikaela didn't hear Chastity's response, because she was already excusing herself to the nurse's office.

Since there was still twenty minutes left in the class, Mikaela was in no hurry to actually get to the nurse's office. Her nauseous feeling was probably just the fact that Chastity was pissing her off, but instead of taking it like everyone else in the school, Mikaela told her to fuck off.

Perfect. Just perfect.

Her footsteps sounded hollow to her ears as she dragged herself through the hall. '/If God is real, he'd strike me down right now/.' She thought miserably.

She was half aware of the footsteps behind her. She picked up her pace, thinking it was just her teacher making sure she actually got to the nurse's office.

"Hey gorgeous, why so glum?"

Thinking it was just Nathan because she walked past his class, she shrugged. "You know how much of a bitch she is and -" she turned around, the nauseous feeling leaving her as she saw Jon. "-oh my god /JON/!"

She literally dropped her books and jumped at him.

"I was feeling really depressed because there's this bitch in my class, but she didn't do anything to me, so I'm feeling completely sick for an unknown reason, and I told my teacher that I had to go to the nurse's office, and when I heard your footsteps I thought you were my teacher making sure I was going to the nurse's office because, you know, on one or two occasions I've actually not gone to the nurse's office, and -"

Jon put a hand out to stop her, whilst laughing. "Wow doll, I didn't know you could talk that fast, and I -"

"Thanks for yesterday," Mikaela interrupted, hugging him tightly. "I talked to Brendon and its okay."

Jon grabbed her hand and walked slowly down the hall with Mikaela. The silence wasn't uncomfortable, until Jon opened her mouth and made Mikaela wish for it to be silent.

"Did you talk, or make out?"

Mikaela blushed madly and dropped Jon's hand. "There was talking involved -"

Jon burst out laughing. Putting his arm around her shoulders, he pulled her into his body. "Well, doll, this isn't really why I came to kidnap you, although it is fun."

Mikaela giggled. "Alright Jon, my most favouritest person in the world, why did you come to kidnap me?"

A mischievous smirk adorned his face, and he puffed his chest out like a protective bird. "The guys and I are going to a concert, and you m'dear, are coming with."

Mikaela's eyes widened. "Oh really? What about class though? I still have another half of a day left."

"And that's where I come in!" Jon said proudly, "Because I'm legally an adult..."

"That's so scary," Mikaela interrupted, shaking her head.

"/Anyways/!" Jon said loudly, overpowering her quiet voice, "I signed you out - AND BEFORE YOU ASK - Ryan met up with your dearest step mom and she agreed. I'd be careful if I were you, your step mom seems to have taken a liking to Ryan."

By now, the two of them were outside, and in front of a huge tour bus. "Oh, because this isn't suspicious at all!" Mikaela exclaimed dryly, walking towards the bus.

Ignoring her dry wit, Jon stepped in front of her regally, with one hand curled behind his back. Coughing into a fist, Jon took a deep breath. "Now, you may be on this tour bus for a couple of hours with four hormonally-charged boys. Anything you see, hear or smell -"

"Smell?" Mikaela interrupted.

"Yes, smell," Jon continued, "you will not release to the public. Understand?"

Mikaela made her face blank, and nodded her head. "Yes sir!"

Jon sighed and winked at her. "Good. Now may I introduce to you, the tour bus of Panic! At The Disco!"

As he opened the door, Mikaela experienced the weirdest scene ever. There was an empty can of whipped cream, three empty beer bottles, and Brendon was currently assaulting Ryan with silly string. Spencer was lying on the floor laughing his ass off.

The hysterical laughter stopped immediately when they noticed Mikaela standing at the doorway. "There is no way in hell I'm going to survive this bus ride," Mikaela commented, shaking her head with wide eyes.

Brendon coughed uncomfortably, straightening himself up and hiding the can of silly string behind his back. "Hi Mickey."

Ryan and Spencer murmured hellos, but Mikaela was more focused on Brendon. "Hey B," she said softly, taking steps towards him. As they stood in front of each other, Mikaela reached up and pulled some silly string from Brendon's hair. "You're most attractive look, as of late," she teased, throwing it on the ground.

"Well, can't say I can say the same thing 'bout you - you always look that good."

Mikaela raised an eyebrow in response, her mouth opening as her brain worked overtime to say something. 'There's that charm', she thought in amusement.

"Alright kinky little sex-addicts," Jon interrupted, stepping between the two. Jon put a hand on Brendon's chest to, as he was thinking, restrain the singer. Unfortunately, Mikaela was a little anatomically different from Brendon, and putting a hand on her chest would surely get Jon shot.

Knowing this, Mikaela stood with her crossed arms, as she stared tauntingly at Jon. Glaring at Mikaela like a two-year-old, Jon watched as Mikaela put her hands up in surrender, and backed away.

Satisfied that he'd prevented another strip show for Ryan and Spencer (as well as himself), Jon nodded his head and removed his hand from Brendon's chest. "Alright kiddies," he announced, turning around, "I'm going to take a piss, please don't molest each other while I'm away."

As soon as Jon made it to the hallway near the bunks and washroom, he heard Ryan let out a very loud shriek. Turning around sharply, Jon too let out a very feminine shriek as she watched Mikaela almost dive at Brendon.

Fortunately, Jon noted sourly, Brendon caught her with his lips.

Sighing dramatically, he went to go separate the couple. When he neared them, he noticed the can on whipped cream Ryan was handing to her.

"Baby," Mikaela said quietly, albeit loud enough for Spencer, Jon and Ryan to hear, "what would you say to a little whipped cream?" She asked between kisses.

The question didn't seem to register in Brendon's head as he just smiled against her lips. "Only if I can lick it off..."

"Christ Urie!" Ryan muttered disgustedly from behind the two.

"Okay," Mikaela agreed, slowly spraying some whipped cream into the palm of her hand behind her back.

Brendon had no idea what was coming as Mikaela suddenly backed away and smeared the whipped cream against his face. "Definitely a good look for you," Mikaela nodded her head approvingly.

Slowly Brendon trailed a finger down his cheek to collect whipped cream, before sticking his finger in his mouth. It wasn't meant to be attractive in the very least, but Mikaela found herself wishing for Brendon to stop. Savoring the taste, Brendon looked at Mikaela with beaming eyes.

"I taste good!" he admitted enthusiastically.

Mikaela laughed.

The laughter died as Jon actually left for the washroom, and Brendon set off on his quest to clean the tiny tour bus.

'What is that smell?' Mikaela regarded thoughtfully, scrunching her nose and looking around the small bus.

It could've been a number of things, really. There were plates piled in the small kitchen area, some with food on them; and there were random articles of clothing - which raised suspicions with Mikaela - scattered around the bus. Quite disgusting, really.

"Guys." Ryan interrupted Mikaela's train of thought, as he stood and stretched. "I'm going to turn the radio on, okay?"

Mikaela missed the sharp look Brendon shot Ryan from the kitchen area, as she stared out the window. Everything was passing so quickly, as the bus approached its destination.

The soft music from the radio - Ryan's supposed inspiration - floated through the bus. It was loud enough for it to be heard throughout the bus, but quiet enough that it made the bus have an almost serene feeling.

Honey, why are you calling me so late?
It's kind of hard to talk now.
Honey, why are you crying? Is everything okay?


Mikaela looked over as the couch shifted beneath her. Brendon gave her an off-hand smile and let his gaze return to the magazine he was holding.

I got to whisper, 'cuz I can't be too loud.
Well, my girl's in the next room.
Sometimes I wish she was you.


They were both silent, listening to the raspy voice and quiet acoustics of Hinder. Mikaela wasn't exactly staring at him, per say, more of in the general direction of him. The way his red rectangular glasses slid down his nose and he pushed them back up his nose with his pointer finger, while blinking to adjust his eyes to the lenses; and the way he tilted his head slightly to the side while he read.

I guess we never really moved on.
It's really good to hear your voice
Say my name, it sounds so sweet.


The breeze from the open window felt good against her neck, as she scooted over closer to Brendon. He didn't even seem to notice as she lifted his right arm and snuggled up close to his side. She curled her feet beneath her body as she yawned.

Brendon acknowledged her existence by brushing her arm and kissing her absentmindedly on the top of the head.

Coming from the lips of an angel,
Hearing those words it makes me weak.


Between the warmth she got from being snuggled against Brendon's side, the cool breeze from the outside, the quiet sound of the music, and the hypnotic rumbling of the bus; Mikaela let out a quiet "I like this song", before falling asleep.


"Lips of an Angel" by Hinder
Sign up to rate and review this story