Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > It Was Just for the Experience

Chapter 3: Morning! at the Disco

by Life_is_42 5 reviews

So it's really starting to begin now! it IS real!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-04-05 - Updated: 2007-04-06 - 1979 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3: Morning! at the Disco


It had been a bright and cheerful morning as the tour bus had sped down the freeway towards southern California. They were headed onwards to the dorms of three universities and onwards to a new venue where Eric would overload three poor girls with job details.
Grace rolled over onto her back in her makeshift bed feeling a sense of chilliness that was unusual for the mornings. The blankets were missing. She sighed, blinked at her strange surroundings and rubbed her eyes before remembering where she was. She rolled over again to find herself face to face with Ryan, his face scrunched like a small child's, blankets wrapped completely around his waist, his thin bare chest exposed to the open air...whoa...shirtless Ryan.

"mmm." She groaned, "Ryan you're hogging the blankets." Her eyes flew open as she realized what she had just said and sat up, yanking the blankets over herself, and nearly causing Ryan to roll off the bed.

"Ryan what the fuck are you doing here???" She yelped.

Ryan stirred from the loss of blankets and opened his eyes to see two brown eyes glaring back at him. In is bed. Two eyes. Of a girl. He was shirtless. Shit.

His scream echoed through the bus. Yells of pain were heard from the back where, from the sounds of it, Brendon had fallen out of bed, Jon had hit is head on ceiling.

"DUDE!" Jon cried, rubbing his head and looking over for Brendon, seeing Grace's epmty bunk "Do you think Grace is okay?"

Natalie and Liz looked at each other, smirking.

"I doubt its Grace you should be worried about." Liz laughed coyly.

Ryan grabbed the blankets and tried to cover his upper half, much like a naked woman would do. "What the fuck?" He was yelling in a complete panic attack, "what the fuck? WHAT THE FU-" WHAM!!! Grace's fist had punched him smack in the nose.

"OWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwww" His howls where interrupted now by the laughter of Jon and Brendon who were clutching each other for support, watching the scene from the doorway connecting the back room with the bunks to the couches.

"Oh man," Jon wheezed, pulling out his phone and snapping pictures, "who knew you'd move so fast dude."

"Shut up!" Ryan whimpered, protectively wrapping the blankets closer around him and pouting.

"Gee Grace...really smooth." Liz smiled, walking up behind Jon with Natalie, ducking the pillow that came hurling over her head from her friend in response to her comment, "You could have hurt me!" she grinned in a hurt voice.

Grace raised an eyebrow at her friend, "With a pillow?"

"Yeah...well...my... my-oh-so-fabulous morning hair would have been ruined." Liz stuck her tongue out, her hair indeed a mess-in-a-bun, left over from the night before.

Jon chuckled a little and shot a little sideways look at Liz, who blushed, before he picked up the pillow and chucked it at Ryan.

"PILLOW FIGHT!" Natalie squealed, jumping on the bed and trying to wrestle the pillow from Ryan.

"Duck!" Grace yelled to Ryan, grabbing an edge of Ryan's blankets and diving under some pillows.

"Where?!?!' Brendon yelled, turning to look out the window confused, which sent Natalie and Liz into spasms of giggles, giving Grace time to set some pillows as a makeshift fort and pull the blankets over her and Ryan's heads as a shield.

"How long do you think we have?" Grace hissed, a pillow in her hand and at the ready.

"Three, maybe four seconds," Ryan replied, also clutching a pillow, listening to their friends laugh at Brendon.

"If I die..." She started, although her mouth was twitching in the corners.

"No time," Ryan shushed Grace, "It's been a pleasure working with you," he shook her hand with mock solemnity, "now, CHARGE!!!" and they leapt out of their covers, whacking anyone within reach.


A half hour later or so the six of them were grouped around the television watching cartoons and eating cereal, laughing and joking. The room was a mess, the people were a mess. Feathers scattered the floor as well as a mass of rather flat looking pillows.

Ryan's neck still bore the red marks from a headlock placed on him by Brendon, and all three girls, and Jon, had feathers sticking in their hair. Oddly Brendon looked utterly unscathed, save for a long savage scratch running the length of his left arm.

This was the site that greeted Spencer Smith in the morning as he walked into the main 'room' of the bus, yawning, and feeling completely refreshed from a relaxing night of sleep.

He looked at each person in turn, who looked back at him somewhat guiltily, before muttering, "Goddammit, I always miss everything." And he helped himself to cereal.

"Sorry Spence," Brendon grinned, "But I'm amazed you were able to sleep through Ryan's girlish scream of doom."

"What happened?" the drummer asked, looking mildly curious.

"Major pillow fight after we found Ryan and Grace in bed together---OW" Jon was whacked in the arm by Ryan.

"It was an accident!" Ryan and Grace said in unison. Grace's mouth formed that hint of a smile. She smiled as if she didn't want them to see that she was smiling, as if it was something she wanted to keep secret. As if she wanted to look on at the people around her with disdain, but deep down knew that what could be implied was what she really might want.

Oddly enough her expression was mirrored quite accurately on Ryan's face.

"Oh my," Spencer said in a near whisper, looking back and forth between the two. His face as well began to form a smile, but he had no scruples about letting it show.

"Yeah, well I was supposed to have the pull out bed!" Grace huffed.

"But we agreed it was me with the pull out bed!" Ryan returned.

"When?" Grace challenged.

"When we were talking about it last night."

"I don't remember that, but look, just...keep your own bunk. It's not use you moving just because the three of us are here now." Grace decided in a tone that clearly said ' and that's final."


By that evening the caravan of Panic! had stopped by each girl's university and collected their personal belongings. Fortunately each girl had been prepared for their internship in advance, so the final packing only took a short amount of time.

They were now sitting in the bus again, surrounded by complicated looking lists and folders. Eric was sitting, legs crossed and a cup of tea at his side, explaining in depth the jobs of the girls.

To sum up he was going to observe and they were in charge of everything. From costumes, make-up, props, scenery, sound checks, making sure people where there on time, crowd control, filming, set-up, take-down, hotel booking, venue checks, venue clean up, and concessions, to catering, communications, promotions, souvenirs, stores, fan meetings, program planning, lighting, and everything else. They were in charge of everything with Eric there only as supervisor, and on top of everything Panic!'s tour was combining, the next day in fact, with Fall Out Boy and a certain Mr. Beckett.

"I'm hungry!" Brendon whined sitting next to Natalie and poking her in the stomach.

"Give us a minute." She muttered, shrugging as if trying to unsettle a fly.

"But I could die." Brendon said, pulling as serious a face as possible, poking her again.

"No, you won't, go away."

"No, I'm hungry!" Poke.

"Bredon..." Warningly.

And a myriad of pokes from Brendon.

"Brend...don.....don't!" Natalie gasped laughing

More pokes

"STOP!"

"Don't stop?" He asked innocently, increasing the number of pokes.

Slap.

"Ow." A hurt-puppy-dog look that only Brendon could pull off.

"Deal with it Honey." Natalie smiled sweetly, patting the top of his head. "Now give me five minutes or you won't get dinner at all."

Brendon pouted before wrapping his arms around her waist, "You'd give me dinner anyway." He said, trying to look somberly into her eyes, but cracking up laughing.

Natalie smiled a little and flushed a little, half heartedly swatting at the encircling arms. She felt her heart rate increase by several hundred percents, and she was sure Brendon could feel it.

Natalie sighed and rolled her eyes outwardly, but inside she was in butterflies. But it was just Brendon being Bredon. Goofy and friendly to everyone, this gesture nothing special. But how she wished she could stay there forever!...and ever....and ever...and before she could stop herself she was leaning into Brendon, resting her head on his shoulder and feeling rather sleepy.

And it felt so right.

"Well I 'm making everyone dinner!" Brendon exclaimed.

And the moment was broken.

"Dude," Jon laughed, "You can only make, like one thing, and that's microwavable macaroni and cheese."

Brendon was already bustling around, not being paid much attention by anyone else. He had splattered a mixture of something....and...something else. No one really liked to ask though.

Everyone was starving, though, by the time he had finished creating a meal. It looked rather good and relatively harmless and by later that evening everyone was commenting on how good that actually was.

"Wow Brendon! I never knew you could cook!" Natalie grinned, "That was wonderful though, what was it?"

Brendon smirked, "Honey, there is nothing you can't do with peanut butter!"

Natalie turned pale. Her widened eyes stared at Brendon, then slide to Liz, who looked equally pale and was clutching Jon's and Spencer's arms, who were sitting on either side of her.

"Brendon...." Liz whispered, "You..didn't have peanut butter in that, did you? Not really?" She glanced over at Natalie again, her brow creased with worry.

Brendon nodded slowly, confused by the reaction. "Sure it did. It was a base ingredient....."

"Brendon...." Now it was Natalie who spoke, "I'm allergic to anything to do with peanuts."

It was Brendon's turn to pale completely, his eyes now widened as well.

"Fuck."

A/N
So basically I hate this chapter. I hate it. To me it's boring, it could have had a faster pace, and i can't wait for the rest of the story to pick up soon. I posted this because A) i felt bad for not updating a lot and B) i felt that i couldn't get over this minor writers block without just posting this and C) i just was sick of working on it! Not that that sounds completely negative or anything whistles

After this chapter....or so....we shall REALLY get this party...er...story started! Spencer will enjoy drums and...GASP we may get a lil taste o' romance (psh, this fic is so fluffy it's not even funny, a LITTLE romance? Who am I kidding here?) So read on my darlings, and comment, and Lifey will feel inspired oh so much to post! And you will all be very pleased to hear that now a real plot is forming in my mind, so the mindless drivvle will have some meaning soon enough.
Also I would like to say, as I haven't said yet, that I do NOT own Panic! At the Disco...Brendon Urie, Ryan Ross, Spencer Smith, or, sadly, Jon Walker tear. But I do in my mind so that's okay dances a little jig.
Finally, and yes I know I should shut up soon, but you know you'll love me even more after I've said this; I highly recommend me dear friend Meeniemoe's stories! They are awesome! (Update soon! Chapter six was awesome!) Trust me, Please? And the sequel We're Both on Borderline Obsession.

With out her, "Grace", your lovely comments, and Jon I probably wouldn't be inspired to keep updating at all! I love you all group huggles Wow this was a mini chapter all in itself! shuts up
Sign up to rate and review this story