Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Long Live The Car Crash Hearts

Eight.

by rainydaykid13 1 review

"Hello Dorito. 'S gonna be a long day, hamster. A very long day."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-04-05 - Updated: 2007-04-06 - 956 words

0Unrated
"Hope, ya gotta get up," said Joe tiredly as he knocked on Hope's door.
"Sure, yeah... five minutes..." she mumbled, rolled over, and went back to sleep.
Joe grimaced. Neither of them were morning people. "There's pancakes in the kitchen. With hot syrup." He heard a loud bang, some movement, and saw a three-foot blur fly past. "Every time."

Hope ran top speed into the kitchen. "Where's my pancakes? Joe said there were pancakes with hot syrup in here."
Patrick just looked confused. Then he looked annoyed, and muttered something under his breath. "Come on, here's some cereal. It's been sitting out for a few minutes."
"Ew, it's all soggy."
"Fine then. Starve to death."

"Please don't make do it!" Hope cried, as Patrick opened the car door for her.
"Hope, you gotta go. Seriously, it's not that bad," he replied, helping her out of the car seat.
Hope unwillingly stepped out of the car and sulked following behind him into the building. Inside it was almost as bad as Hope had imagined; tons of munchkins killing each other for the pink My Little Pony, ankle-biters covered from head to toe in paste and glitter. Hope looked up at Patrick, begging him with her eyes to just take her home. Instead of doing just that, he led her into the large coat room, already adorned with what seemed like thousands of backpacks covered with Spongebob and other whimsical designs. He helped her hang up her coat and backpack. Patrick knelt down to her level, "You're gonna be OK, I promise. You'll make friends in no time."
Hope stared at him for a moment, "Pinky swear?"
"Pinky swear," he mimicked, looping his pinky finger through hers.

Friends in no time her foot. Shyly, Hope had entered the mass of colors. No one took much notice of her, so she sort of migrated over to the class pet, Dorito the Hamster. And there she sat, in a squeaky yellow plastic chair, til class started. Well, til they passed out some coloring sheets. Hope, having preoccupied most of her time during the past few weeks with coloring books, knew exactly what she wanted to do. Unlike her table mate, who was coloring the face of some girl green. With a very Pete-like smirk, she turned around, having already finished her sheet.
"Hello, Dorito," Hope said. "Do you have any friends here?"
The hamster stared blankly at her. Hope took it as a no.
"Neither do I." She grimaced. "'S gonna be a long day, hamster. A very long day."

And so it was. Hope thought she would drown in the multitudes of coloring/work sheets that were constantly being handed out. Hope was already done before the other kids even decided what they wanted to do. When she was done, Hope talked to Dorito. Had the teachers noticed (you actually expected them to control a bunch of midgets?)they may've been able to stop the chaos that was to come.

"...and then, then, the bookcase falled, and and I got hit." Hope had to gasp for breath. "So now I don't remember and the only reason I'm telling you this is 'cause Joe told me afterwards and Mom told me some on the way home from the hospital and Pete just sat there, and then Joe gave me a tour and then they made me come to school here and told me there was pancakes and all I got was some mushy cereal and then Patrick tooked me here, and then they gave us bunches and bunches and bunches and bunches and... lots of coloring sheets and some stuff with numbers on em but I already knew that because after I got out of the hospital but before school I did that stuffs and now nobody will talk to me and we can be bestest friends till I have to leave." She sniffed for added effect.
Dorito just stared at her blankly.
"I know, it stinks. You wanna play?"
Dorito just stared at her blankly. Hope took it as a 'yes'.
She unfastened the thingamajiggar that kept the cage closed and got out poor Dorito. And Dorito, being the sensible hamster that he was, bolted out of her cupped hands and under a particularly pink-ish group of girl's table. Then all hell broke loose.
"A RAT! GET IT OUT GETITOUTGETITOUT!" squealed a blond girl.
Hope stared. "DORITO, GET BACK HERE!" She ran under the table (thus causing more mayhem) to get it.
"MS.SWEENEY! MS.SWEENEY!" shouted the aforementioned blond girl as the boys tried to follow Hope in a mad... hamster chase, "HOPE IS CRAWLING UNDER THE TABLE AFTER SOME RAT!"
Hope was too preoccupied with trying to evade the guys while simultaneously trying not to get squashed by many feet as she darted after Dorito. Unfortunately Ms.Sweeney had (finally) intervened and picked up Dorito. And so she went to the cage, unknowingly as a small, round boy sneaked up behind her and then shouted at the top of his lungs 'I HAD A BAD DAY,' and Dorito went flying. Again. This time our favorite hamster darted underneath the conveniently located bookshelf that his cage was on, and did not move. This meant the hordes of three-foot boys thought he was dead, and consequently they all solemnly paraded to the also conveniently located bathroom door. In front was a short boy with overly large glasses. "Classmates, we are gathered here today for the flushing of our beloved class pet, D'rito Hamster. Anyone want to say a few words?"
"TEDD! NOOOOooooo!" came a snuffly voice from under a table. "DORITO!"
"Well then. Goodbye, noble hamster. We will remember you foreber and eber." He nodded and the toilet flushed.
Sign up to rate and review this story