Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Hate You, Gorgeous.

Chapter 24: A Very Merry Christmas

by Dancemandydance 7 reviews

Two surprises. One expected...one not. The conclusion the the story.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-08 - Updated: 2007-04-08 - 2531 words

1Insightful
-Eden's POV-

It's been two days since Peter and I have gotten back together. Things are going great, and I've never been happier. Gabe came home last night, but he's off to go celebrate Christmas with his family tomorrow. Pete's going home for Christmas to Chicago, and I'm going to miss him like crazy. I was supposed to go home, but my family and I aren't really on good terms right now. Let's just say that my dad is an asshole and my mom does whatever he says and I can't take it anymore.
"Hey sweetie," says Pete, coming into my bedroom with a towel draped around his waist. I'm sitting at my desk typing away my thoughts when he leans in from behind me and kisses me on the cheek.
"Pete, you're hair is all wet!" I whine.
"Sorry," he giggles. "So...I have something I want to ask you," he says as he takes his towel off and gets back into his clothes - I can't help but stare at him because he looks so God damn good doing it.
"Yeah?" I ask absent-mindedly, my eyes going from his face down his body.
"My eyes are up here, Eden!" Pete laughs.
"Oh, right. Sorry," I say sweetly, my cheeks turning red.
"Anyway, I wanted to ask you if you would come home with me," he says, pulling his shirt over his head.
"Come home with you?"
"Yeah. For Christmas."
"Pete, you're leaving tomorrow."
"I know, but you need to come with me. I want you to meet my family. Plus, we just got back together and I don't think I can stand being away from you." I walk up to him and put my arms around him, drawing him in for a long, sweet, passionate kiss. "I'll take that as I 'yes', then?"
"Of course I will," I smile.
"Good. Then you can fly with us to New York and do the New Years Eve thing. It'll be so much fun," he says, swaying back and forth like an excited little boy.
"You're adorable."
"I know."

-Pete's POV-

The next day we leave in the bright to fly to Chi-town. I'm so excited to go home for a snowy Chicago Christmas, and I'm even more happy that Eden is going to be with me.
"Eden! I've heard so much about you!" exclaims mom as we come through the door. "Welcome to our home. Peter, come here! Eden and Pete are here!" My dad comes in from the living room and gives us both big hugs.
"Hi, son," he smiles at me. "You look good. You look really happy."
"I am," I smile back. "Where's Andrew?"
"He's in his room playing video games. And Hilary decided to spend Christmas with her boyfriend. So it looks like Eden and I are the only ladies in the house," my mom says as she nudges Eden. I look over at Eden and she smiles sheepishly, hugging my side.
"What smells so good?" Eden asks.
"Dinner," I say, kissing her hair. We eat dinner and then stay at the dinner table for like, 2 hours more, so Eden and my parents and Andrew can get to know each other a little better. They basically fall in love with her, and I can't blame them. Soon after that, Eden and I go up to bed because we spent a long time on a plane today and we're tired as hell.
"I love your family," Eden says as she slips off her jeans and pulls up her pajama pants.
"They love you, too. I can tell. They don't like many of my exes but they looovvee you," I say, walking up behind her and wrapping my arms around her. "I can't blame them, either. I don't know how I lived without you for four months, E." She turns around and looks down, sliding her warm hands up my shirt and rubbing my stomach.
"I don't know how I did it either. I missed you," she says softly, looking up into my eyes with a look that almost makes me weak in the knees. "I'm so tired," she yawns, taking her hands and raising them above her head in a big stretch, revealing her smooth stomach. God, she's adorable.
"Let's go to sleep then, baby."
"Mmm hmm," she smiles. I take off my shirt and change into my PJ pants and climb into bed.
"Come on," I say, patting the mattress.
"Are you sure? I mean..."
"They know we have sex. I mean seriously, baby," I give her a look and she shrugs and comes over to me. "Just sleep with me. We don't have to do anything."
"Mkay!" she says sweetly, jumping into bed with me. She gets under the covers and snuggles against my chest. "I like it here, Petey."
"I'm glad," I yawn. I wrap my arms around her and lay back on the pillow. "I love you," I whisper as I kiss her hair.
"I love you, too."
"E..."
"Yeah, baby?" she asks, looking up into my eyes. I still can't ask her. Its not right yet.
"Nothing. Go to sleep."

-Eden's POV-

Pete's been doing that a lot lately. He says my name and he sounds like he wants to ask me something important, but then he just stops or changes the subject or something. I hope everything is okay, but I don't question him.
We have a really nice night cuddling and sleeping in his bed and the next morning is Christmas Eve. I wake up and he's already awake, running his fingers through my hair and looking down at me.
"Morning," I say, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.
"Morning," he says back.
"What are we going to do today?"
"I was thinking I'd show you around town and then we'd spend the rest of the day with the fam. What do you think?"
"Sounds good to me," I smile, sitting up in bed. Pete rubs my back, putting his hand up the back of my shirt as I lean over to stretch. "Damn..."
"What's wrong, sweetie?"
"I feel funny....like, I don't know. I just don't feel right." Holy shit - I know what's wrong. The other night when Pete and I got together he didn't use protection. He doesn't normally because I used to be on birth control, but I ran out after we broke up and never bothered to get it re-filled. Shit...I think I might be pregnant.
"I hope you're okay," he says, sitting up and rubbing my back some more. "Are you like...stomach sick?"
"I think I'll be okay. We'll play it by ear." I can't tell him. Not now. Not until I'm sure.
"Okay. Well, we can stay here today if you want."
"No, I want to go out." I smile back at him before getting up. I go take a shower and he does the same, but in his parents shower (we don't want to cause a ruckus).
"Good morning, love birds. Sleep well?" asks his mom.
"Yup. Very well," Pete smiles, pulling me in to his side. "I'm going to go out and show her the town a little and then we'll be back for supper and some Christmas movies, okay?"
"Sounds good. Have fun, kids."
We spend the whole day going around Wilmette to all the places Pete used to go when he was younger. There is so much joy in his face today. I love seeing him smile; I think it's my favorite sight in the whole world. We decide to go for a walk in the park around dusk and it starts to snow.
"Wow, it's so pretty out," I smile. Pete grabs my hands and turns to face me.
"God, you look adorable right now." He must be crazy. I'm just wearing a beanie and a hoodie and a big fluffy jacket. He has strange taste...
"Thank you," I smile, getting on my toes and pecking him on the cheek. For a while we just stand there, looking around at the snow falling softly and silently to the ground.
"Eden?" Pete asks softly, taking my gloved hands in his and looking deep into my eyes.
"Yes, Peter?" I ask.
"I love you," he says, taking one of his hands away from mine and slipping it inside his pocket. "And I know I've done some bad things to you in the passed, and I know we used to hate each other, but the love that I have for you overcomes all of that."
Oh my God. Is he going to fucking ask me?

-Pete's POV-

This is the moment. I finally have the guts to ask her and we're in a beautiful, snowy park on Christmas Eve. I take the black box out of my pocket and open it up in front of her. Her eyes light up when she sees the diamond. "I want to spend the rest of my live with you. Will you marry me?"
She doesn't say anything - she just stares. "Eden?" I ask. She looks up into my eyes and her eyes are filled with tears.
"Yes. Of course I will," she yells, wrapping her arms around my neck and hugging me tight. When she pulls back from the hug, her lips meet mine in a passionate, deep kiss. I part from her lips and take the ring out of the box, remove her glove and put it on her finger. "God, that's so beautiful, Peter."
"I tried to find one suitable for you. This one just called to me. It said 'buy me, Pete...buy me' so...I did," I giggle. "I've honestly never been happier than I am right now."
"Me too," she says, shivering, "but I've also never been more cold." I wrap my arms around her.
"Let's go back home then and tell the parentals the good news."
"Sounds like a plan."
We arrive back home and tell my parents the news, and I swear my mom practically jumps off the walls.
"My son is finally getting married!" she yells.
"Congrats, bro," says Andrew.
"Thanks, man."
"I mean really. She's fucking hot," he whispers.
"And that is the only reason I love her," I say sarcastically.
We spend the rest of the night celebrating and watching Christmas movies and then Eden and I head up to bed.
"Are you feeling any better, baby?" I ask, drawing her in for a kiss.
"Eh," she shrugs.
"Do you need to lay down? Or go to the doctor? Do you want some medicine?"
"I'm fine, Pete. Calm down."
"Okayyy," I shrug, taking my shirt off and my pants off and climbing into bed.
"Pete, you're naked."
"I'm aware of that. Last night I got too hot. You don't mind, do you?"
"Not at all," she giggles, stripping down herself.
"Are you okay to..." I say as she climbs into bed.
"Most definitely," she giggles, biting her lip and pushing me down on my back, getting on top of me. We make love for the first time as an engaged couple and it feels even better than it used to. I can't believe I get to make love to her for the rest of my life. I am seriously the luckiest bastard on the planet.

-Eden's POV-

That morning we wake up and open presents. Pete got me tons of shit, I don't know how he did it because we've only been back together a couple days, but he got me basically everything I wanted. He must have talked to Dani or Patrick or something...
Anyway, as far as the pregnancy thing goes, I haven't checked yet. Later, when Pete's playing video games with his brother, I borrow his car and run to the grocery store to pick up a test. I come back to the house and Pete hears me come in.
"Hi baby, did you get what you needed? What did you buy?" he asks playfully, reaching for the bag.
"Nothing, Peter!" I say sternly, but he reaches for the bag and looks in side. His mouth drops and his eyes get wide. "Pete, give that to me."
"Eden, are you?" he asks, a huge grin coming over his face.
"I don't know."
"That would be the best Christmas present ever."
"Really?" I ask, genuinely surprised. We've never talked about kids before. I wasn't sure he wanted them, but I guess he really does.
"Are you kidding? I can't wait to have children with you. Why, do you not want to be?"
"I don't want to get my hopes up. I just need to check," I say, grabbing the bag and walking upstairs.
"I'm coming with you. We need to do this together."
"Okay," I sigh. I go into the bathroom by myself and take the test and then Pete comes in and we stare at it. When the plus sign shows up Pete looks at me and smiles.
"We're going to have a baby!" he yells, picking me up and twirling me around.
"Whoa...careful, Wentz!" I giggle.
"Oh shit, sorry. Are you okay? Do you need to lie down? Do you want some water?" He picks me up in his arms and takes me over to the bed.
"Pete, you're being ridiculous. I'm fine, really, baby," I say. I can't help the gigantic grin I have on my face. I've wanted to have babies with him so badly and now we're going to have a family. An engagement and a pregnancy within the span of 2 days? Best. Christmas. Eve.
"I'm sorry. I'm just so happy," he says, crawling onto the bed with me and curling over on my his side, running his fingers up and down my stomach. "He or she is in there right now." He looks up at me and I nod. "I'm so fucking happy, Eden."
"Me too."
"I'm going to be a father!!!!"
"Watch out, world!" I giggle, patting his head.

Later...

The rest of the vacation went amazingly. His parents took the pregnancy news well and eventually, after New Years, I got up the guts to tell my family as well. They were so happy that it caused us to mend fences and now we talk all the time.
Pete and I got married in March, before I really started to show that much. It was a beautiful, big wedding with all of our friends. We had Patrick serenade us on our first dance with "The Way You Look Tonight." It was amazing.
In June, Dani and Patrick got engaged and decided to through an engagement/baby shower for them and me. Then, on August 15th, Pete and I had a beautiful baby girl named Evelyn, or Eve for short. Pete thought it was fitting, seeing as though she came from the "Garden of Eden".
Pete and I rarely fought after we got back together. Every once in a while we would have a little scuffle, but we would always make up in the end. Now I'm expecting my second child and Fall Out Boy is still going strong, along with Clandestine Industries and Decaydance. Things could not have turned out any better.

The End.
Sign up to rate and review this story