Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Sable and ivory

The old and the not-so-senseless-after-all

by Marilena 1 review

Chapter 4!

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Vincent Valentine, Yuffie Kisaragi - Published: 2007-04-08 - Updated: 2007-04-08 - 1356 words

2Funny
Chapter 4
The old and the not-so-senseless-after-all
(Or: The young and the really-mindless-after-all)

The pink cloud made another quick swing towards her. Its weapon was a sword like a glowing thunder and Yuffie knew that if it hit her, she would be tickled horribly again. She dodged the attack, moving her body on the right and ducking her head at the same time. The pink cloud left a mocking laugh before it changed into a huge cigarette with pale face and a blond thing hanging from his mouth that looked suspiciously like Cid.

"No, you vile thing! Let him go!" she screamed at it but was caught unaware when she felt a wave of smoke burning the back of her unprepared throat. She started coughing uncontrollably, while the cigarette went on a fit of evil laughter. It raised its hand and suddenly, Barret flew in front of her out of nowhere, dressed in a ballet dancer's costume-

"NOOOOO!!!!"

Vincent appeared in the white setting and everyone else immediately vanished, the cigarette not before leaving a puff of smoke that formed clearly with thick letters 'Muwhaha'...

He came closer to where she was lying, panting, and leaned over her.
"Yuffie...are you alright?"

"Did you see that c-cigarette?" She sniffed loudly.

"The what?"

"THE CIGARETTE that was smoking Cid... A- and Barret with the ballet u- uniform..."

"I think you must wake up, now."

"It's not a dream, Vinnie! It was real, it even left a puff of smoke behind," she waved her hand uncontrollably towards the smoke that now wrote 'Tick tock, Yuffie's a bomb' and started to tug at his shirt. "See?"

"Yuffie, wake up!" he said, more intensely this time.

"It's not a dream, I'm telling you! Why don't you believe me?" she said, pouting.

Only it was a real pout. It didn't suit her cheery face.

Before he could stop himself, he slowly traced her bottom lip with the tip of his finger. It was only a shadow of a touch but it was enough to make her eyes widen. Vincent quickly backed away. "There is breakfast ready and it's time for you to get up, Yuffie..."

----------------------

Yuffie's eyes snapped open and she bolted upright at once.

Vincent was close but not as close as in the dream. He was fully awake, while she had just awoken from one of the weirdest dreams she ever had. Especially the last part... And she had a tendency to murmur in her sleep, much to Tifa's dismay. That didn't bode well.

"Vince. What's up? Nice morning, huh?" She tried to straighten her 'bed hair' back into some sort of 'human hair' and sound nonchalant at the same time.

Vincent got up from the corner of the bed.

"You must have had a weird dream..."

"What makes you think so?" she was fast to ask. Was she really talking in her sleep? Had she said something about the last part of the dream?

Shudder.

"You were mumbling absurdities about Cid, Barret and a cloud with a sword," Vincent replied indifferently.

"Ah."

'Good then...' she thought. "...he didn't notice," she muttered.

Oh.

Boy.

Vincent stopped his retreating steps.

"I didn't notice what?"

He looked at her in the eye and she began to squirm.

There was no getting out of this one. She had done it to herself.

"How am I to phrase this?" She acted like she was thinking for a while but the expression on Vincent's face could easily compete with a wall, solid and pressing. "In my dream you came to my rescue and you insisted I should wake up and you- uuum, well, nothing. It's just weird; you showed up in my dream to tell me to wake up! Heh, my mind is being a shit processor again. Nothing to worry about." She flashed him a famous toothy 'Yuffie' grin.

"A-ha. I see it was an... interesting dream. But it's time to go for shopping, so hurry up."

With long strides he exited the room, hiding his mild relief and confusion.

Relief because the young girl considered his attempts to wake her as a part of her dream and confusion -great confusion- at his own action.

-------------------------

Nothing had happened after two days living with Vincent. He was calm and slightly indifferent towards her, even getting to the point of avoiding her sometimes. At least it wasn't as torturing for her poor hormones as it was at first...

Yuffie stepped out of the warmth of the shower and grabbed the towel. After she carefully covered herself with it, she looked at the mirror. Through the blurry pane, her reflection stared back. She made a few faces and swayed her hips seductively.

'Not bad... Although he wouldn't probably notice even if I stripped down to lace bra and panties in front of him! That dead woman of his must have been really special.'

Sometimes, thoughts that begin as light-hearted end up leaving you with hints of bitterness. So, Yuffie took hold of the brush and started to untangle her hair with vigorous moves, trying to ignore the unfamiliar feeling. After all, Yuffie was synonymous with hyper and joyous, not cold and bitter.

When she tried putting on her clothes however, she came face to face with a problem. She had forgotten to take with her in the bathroom a new change of clothes; she had only brought the underwear. Wearing the old ones was out of the question; she had just finished a shower, for Lifestream's sake!

She put on the underwear and secured the towel around her, praying Vincent was not in the bedroom.

She peered out tentatively. Nobody was to be seen. With her hopes high, she got out and made a run for the wardrobe. Now, where had she thrown her stuff the previous night? It must have been the second drawer.
She thought she heard something. Either Vincent was coming her way or her super ninja ears were playing tricks on her.

She opened the drawer and frantically searched for her black shorts and orange tank top. She could she see no orange during her mad search. But she did find a pair of black shorts and a grey top she didn't remember she had. A victorious 'aha' almost escaped her lips but then Vincent's voice echoed from behind her and she froze.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked flatly.

Talk about uncomfortable... She didn't dare to turn around, nor did she have the courage to put on the garment that hung from her hand.

"Trying to um, decide what to wear..."

"In my bedroom, half-naked?"

She peeked at him from the corner of her eye. He was looking at her head, fortunately. Of course, he had had enough time to watch if he wanted to... Which he probably didn't but Yuffie deemed secure to hold the towel tighter around her torso.

Vincent fidgeted just a little.

'Bad move, stupid girl... Hey, down, hormones, down!' she thought.
"He-he... You see, I forgot my clothes before I went to the bathroom, so I came here for my shorts-"

Vincent's eyebrows rose and he lazily tapped his chin with a long finger.
"Hmm... But this isn't yours," he stared pointedly at the piece of cloth, "and I'm fairly certain it's not shorts either."

Ever felt like you wished the ground to swallow you in one piece with a loud 'buuurp'?

Yes? Well, so did she.

Next thing she knew, the 'shorts' were on the ground as well as Vincent's shirt and she was in the bathroom, cursing the ground for its lack of appetite.

Vincent picked up the cloth and put it back in his drawer. A faint grin formed on his lips. So, this part of him wasn't dead after all... He would have to behave himself in the recent future. Although he doubted that he'd have to set her some 'rules' about not moving around in his house wearing a towel, since Yuffie had apparently been taught this lesson already.

Living with Yuffie was proving to be harder than he thought.

'Literally,' a small voice in his head hurried to add.
------------------------------------
Sign up to rate and review this story