Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > And if your heart stops beating...

Coffee Anyone?

by blueside21 1 review

Aimee is a typical 23 year old in the workforce. Well except she doesnt really have a social life. She meets this odd guy at a cafe, she realises its Gerard Way the lead singer out of my Chemical R...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-04-09 - Updated: 2007-04-09 - 1170 words

0Unrated
~ Aimee's P.O.V ~

Hey I'm Aimee, and I'm just like any other 23 year old out in the workforce. I'm struggling to pay rent on my way below average apartment, and I can't hold a boyfriend cause of my shifts at work. I'm kind of tall for a girl 5'8, and I have black hair, brown eyes and glasses (only when I'm not wearing my contact lenses). I live in my apartment and best friend Geri; we both went to the same university and did the same courses. We now both work at the Hospital (which is a few blocks from our flat) as nurses.

It was 4pm and I had just finished my shift and I couldn't wait for a nice cup of coffee. I went to the coffee shop on the corner where Geri and I usually went after work, Geri however decided to work a few extra hours to pay for the excessive spending on her credit card. The café was this nice little place, with the best coffee around. It was usually full of doctors and nurses just getting off their shift, but today it was full of people dressed in business suits.

The coffee was really weak today as well, I went to my usual table at the back of the café away from the windows, and I preferred this as it was better then seeing the turmoil in the streets and it also didn't tan my skin. I pulled my notebook out of my bag and a few of my drawings spilled out across the table. I took a sip of my coffee, 'Yuck' I thought to my self screwing up my face.

"That bad is it?" asked this totally gorgeous guy who was standing at my table. He had this platinum blonde hair which was barely visible from underneath the hooded jumper he was wearing and he had these massive sunglasses covering his face. He had a really pale complexion, so pale he almost looked dead. He pulled off his sunglasses and I saw his stunning hazel eyes that devastatingly troubled, I had seen them before, but where?

"Oh...Yeah it's usually a lot better"
"Oh damn I was hoping good cup of coffee, do you mind if I sit?"
"Sure here I'll just clean up my mess" I said picking up the drawings that where across the table. I noticed a few people where staring at me and pointing, but I shrugged it off.

"Do you draw?" he asked picking up a piece of paper with a drawing of a dress I would someday love to see come alive.
"No not really. Oh that... well that is my ideal dress I want to someday have. I actually work in the hospital across the street. What do you do?"
"Well I used to be a cartoonist, but that was a long time ago. I'm actually in a band" he said. He looked kind of disappointed I didn't recognize him. I used to have a thing for musicians, but after my last musician boyfriend bludged off me and abused me I vowed to give them up. "You look disappointed" he said.

"Oh, no I'm not. I've actually been trying to work out who you are, what's your name?"
Just then as if it was god answering my question a few girls came over and started screaming.
"Sorry" he said to me.
"Oh MY God, Gerard you're like my Hero! Can I get an autograph." Said one of the preppy girls
"Oh, I know who you are now. Sorry this was a mistake, I have to go..." I said picking up my notebook and leaving.
"Wait I don't even know your name!"


~ Gerard's P.O.V ~


"Wait I don't even know your name!" I yelled as the beautiful women I had just spent 2 peaceful minutes left me amongst a group of girls who obviously were not interested in my music. The girl I had the brief chat to was so captivating and wasn't afraid to talk to me, yeah sure she didn't know who I was at first. That just makes it a whole lot more exciting. She looked somewhat familiar, like I had seen her somewhere before, perhaps it was just a pleasant figment of my imagination.

I signed the paper and then started to leave when I noticed there was a paper still on the table. It was her ideal dress, and bonus it was signed. I looked at the name I could just make out Aimee, but the signature was beautiful nice and creative. I looked at my watch, folded up the drawing and put it in my wallet. I had to go meet the guys.



~ Aimee's P.O.V ~


I walked out of the café trying not to laugh, though instead I had this really cheesy grin on my face. I had just had coffee with Gerard Way! The new blonde hair through me off, I used to be a huge fan of their work about 3 years ago in university. Even went and saw them on the Taste of Chaos Tour and she had a photo and autograph of all the guys. I fumbled with my keys till I found my apartment key and parked myself on the couch watching a Will and Grace Marathon.

My eyes flicked open automatically at 6am, and I pulled myself of the couch. I hadn't been sleeping well lately and the night on the old couch hadn't helped. I went and had a shower and got ready for work. Geri was still sleeping in her bed when it was almost time to leave. I went in and shook her bed, "Rise and shine sleepy head, it is another glorious day and I'm leaving in 5 to go get coffee." At the word coffee Geri flicked open her eyes and quickly got dressed.


~ Coffee Shop ~


"Oh My God! So you had coffee with Gerard in this exact seat!" said Geri excitedly.
"Yeah, it was surreal but..."
"Girl why didn't you get his digits? You know I have a thing for Mikey!" It was true; she had adored him ever since we saw them on warped. Mikey even got a photo of her, so she was waiting for him.
"I don't know why I didn't, hurry up or we are going to be late for work. Besides Geri, it if anything was supposed to happen it would of by now."
We walked out the coffee shop and got a cab to the hospital. There were a whole heap of people outside with cameras, was there a protest or something on? We went inside and check what our duties where for the day. Damn we had another room on our list; this hospital was way under staffed. We went through our rounds and we just finished up on the 319 the 2nd last room on the list. I came out of the room and saw a familiar face coming towards me. It was Gerard and he was looking right at me.
Sign up to rate and review this story