Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Love, Tears and a Mission

Naruto is Back and isn't as Clueless

by luv-those-who-review 1 review

NaruHina Naruto is back from the time skip. He learns Hinata's true feelings for him. Gaara's sleeping, mission in sand village. Lemony. Little bit of KibaSaku, GaaYoko, Yoko my character. Fighting...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Characters: Gaara, Hinata, Kakashi, Kiba, Naruto, Sakura - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [Y] - Published: 2007-04-09 - Updated: 2007-04-09 - 4063 words

-1OOC
~~'Time/ How much time'~~ : Time skip
~~Meanwhile~~ : while that happened, so did this
"In parenthesis" : saying
~~~~~~* : Scene skip
... : A pause
text : thinking
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of the characters... I did make up about four characters in later chapters though...
~~~~~~*
A NaruHina Love Story
Being all scratched up , exhausted, bandaged, and sore he felt he should go home to clean off before going to report to Tsunade-sama, when he ran into Hinata.
"Konichiwa, Naruto-kun" Hinata greeted. "Did you just get back from your mission?" Naruto realized Hinata wasn't stuttering.
"Ya, I was just going to go home, clean off, get some new bandages and eat some RAMEN!" I wonder what happened while I was gone. Hinata's not stuttering and she's actually looking at me and not the floor?!?! Her eyes are actually really pretty.
"...and Tsunada-sama..."
"You have really pretty eyes," What the hell did I just say? (They both start blushing)
"Wha-what?" Hinata questioned in the way she use to talk to Naruto. Did he really say I have pretty eyes? Why is he saying I have pretty eyes?!?!
"O, It's nothing...(awkward silence)... what were you saying before... well... you know?"
"O, right. Tsunade-sama wanted us to go to her office and told us if we ran into you, to tell you to go to her office right away and not the ramen shop." I hope he doesn't think I'm being bossy.
"O, dammit! I guess I'll just be hungry for a while," Naruto complained. "Hey might as well walk together considering we are going to the same place."
"Right then, I guess we would get going, you know before we are late." Hinata started walking and Naruto walked behind her.
I can't believe that is the Hinata I use to know. She has gotten so pretty and she gained a lot of confidence after only one year. She was actually looking at me!!!!!
He said my eyes were pretty! I can't believe it!... He complimented me! Kiba was right... it worked, Naruto complimented me... I should probably thank Kiba when I see him for telling me where Naruto was.
"So Hinata... what's happened while I was gone? I mean your not as shy as you use to be."
"O, well... Kiba, well it's a long story."
Hinata's still really weird, even if she has gotten pretty, and more confident.
"Hey Naruto, if we hurry we can stop at the ramen shop... We just have to hurry." (Naruto grins really wide, grabs Hinata's wrist and drags her to the ramen shop.)
~~~~~~~
Naruto is panting because of the running when he stands tall he realized his hand slipped down while running and he is now holding hands with Hinata. He quickly let go and ran into the ramen shop while Hinata was still outside (she starts blushing) Oh my god, Naruto was holding MY hand!!! Hinata then went into the ramen shop and saw that Naruto had the some old appetite that he use to, he had already finished 2 bowls of Pork and Naruto Ramen and was almost done with the third bowl. Hinata then sat down next to Naruto and ordered her own bowl of ramen.
"What went on with Kiba while I was gone?" Naruto randomly questioned. "Like did you two go out or something?"
"What?!?! Me and Kiba? No we are just friends... that's all. Just friends. No I like someone else."
"WHO?!?!?!?!"
"What? What do you mean?"
"Who do you like? You know... Who's your crush?!"
"O, well it's no one... you probably don't even know him. By the way we should get going."
"Right, we don't want Tsunade-bear chan and the others waiting, anyway who else is going to be there?"
"Kiba and Sakura were told to go too."
"Sakura and Kiba? What is she planning?"
"Yeah."
"Naruto, Hinata, you have to pay the bill." the guy behind the counter stated.
"O right, TeeHee," Naruto replied. "I forgot." (Hinata started looking through her pockets.) Naruto took out his old frog wallet, the one that Ero-sennin (Jiraya) would always rip off.
"Hey Hinata, don't worry I'll pay,"
"Really? I have the money... you don't have to."
"No really, I'll pay."
"But!"
"No buts or I'll have to kiss you." (Hinata turns bright red) "Why do you always turn red like this?"
"O, It's nothing, we should get going," Hinata replied in her old shy voice.
"Right... we don't want Tsunade-bear chan mad at us with her enormous strength." Naruto paid the man and him and Hinata walked out of the ramen shop and went to Tsunade-sama's office. When Naruto and Hinata walked into Tsunade-sama's office, Sakura and Kiba were already there.
"NARUTO!!!" Sakura had run up to him and hugged him. Now Naruto was the one who had to push someone off of him.
"Sakura? Why are you hugging me?"
"O ya... sorry... um... just missed you I guess..."
"Okay then... Everyone changed while I was gone, didn't they?"
"Um... hi... ya... over here, remember the reason you're here? If you are all done with your love fest."
"Well I see you haven't changed" Naruto sarcastically responded to Tsunade-sama.
"Ya-ya, funny as usual, anyway I have a mission for you four," Tsunade-sama expressed in the "now-to-business" voice. "I need you four to go to the Country of Sand to help protect the ancient powerful emerald that the young Kazekage, Gaara of the Sand, had people dig up for him," Tsunade-sama said while taking a sip of sake. "Supposedly he said it may allow him to sleep without the demon coming out. This is the other reason you are going, he does not know for sure whether it will allow him to sleep without the demon coming out or not, so you are going to go and stand watch while he tries the emerald out. Plus Naruto you are going to be the leader in this mission..."
"O ya!!! Finally!!! I'm leading a group of people my age!!!"
"If you are done... May I continue?"
"Yes, sorry Tsunade-bear chan."
"So as I was saying Naruto is going to be the leader in this mission because he has had experience, even if though it was a few years ago, fighting this demon. You are to leave tomorrow, noon, this is all." Kiba, Hinata, and Sakura start to leave the office as Naruto stays behind.
"Hey guys, I'll be out in a little!" Naruto shouted out the door just as it was closing.
"Naruto? What is it?" Tsunade-sama asked in a worried voice.
"Well, it's about Sasuke. Orochimaru will be able to switch bodies in just a few months and I was even gone for a year but I still couldn't find anything."
"Naruto," Tsunade-sama said in her most caring and thought voice she could, "we are trying our best. Plus I didn't want to tell you this in front of everyone else but I have heard that Orochimaru wants to get his hands on this emerald. This gives you a chance to find some clues on the whereabouts of Sasuke if you run into Orochimaru and if your really lucky you will run into Sasuke as well or instead. Plus this emerald, referring to the legions, says that the demon inside of Gaara can be controlled with it. Supposedly, Orochimaru wants to use the demon again to attack Konoha..."
"Why didn't you tell the others as well?"
"It would worry them too much... Hinata at least, Sakura would get over whelmed with the fact of possibly finding Sasuke and Kiba well, he's Kiba, he will get so excited about getting to fight someone like Orochimaru or Sasuke... Promise me two things..."
"What are they?"
"You won't tell them about this that I have just told you until it is absolutely necessary AND you won't go crazy if Orochimaru or Sasuke do not show up... them showing up is only a 25% chance."
"I promise... to both of them."
"Very well then... Pack up all you need; maps, kunai, any other weapons you might need, bandages, and anything else you think you need. Plus go have some fun, go home, get some rest, some new bandages, and pack up. I know it is hard to just came back from a mission and go on a new one but this is important and you are an important part of it..."
"I understand."
"Then you are dismissed." Naruto starts to walk out of the office, "O and Naruto, you are the leader I this mission, so try to think like Shikamaru, do not act on impulse, everyone knows you are like that... but if you act on impulse people are going to get hurt, like Hinata. Also, I put you in a mission with Hinata, don't let this chance slip."
"What do you mean?"
"You'll figure it out eventually."
"What ever." Naruto responded as he left Tsunade-sama's office and sees Sakura waiting for him.
"Naruto? Are you okay?" Sakura wanted to know because Naruto looked worried and confused and she had never seen the worried expression on him before.
"Yeah, I'm fine, just tired. Where's Hinata?"
"Hinata?!?!" Sakura asked very surprised. "Well Kiba and her were going somewhere, I think to train. Do you want to get some ramen?"
"No thanks, I got some with Hinata before we came here, you seriously changed."
"What do you mean?"
"Well you are being nice to me, you are asking me to hang out and you were hugging me earlier. You wouldn't have done those before I left... are you really Sakura?... Well, whether you are or not I'm going to go home."
"Okay then..." Sakura disappointedly responded as Naruto already had started walking away. What is up with him? For the past few years he would have done anything to go out with me and get some ramen even if he was stuffed... Maybe I waited too long...
~~~~~~*
"Hey, Kiba..."
"What do you want to say, Hinata?"
"Tha-thanks..." Hinata turned a little red, "you know for the advice."
"O about Naruto... well your like my best friend and that is what friends are for."
"Your right Kiba,"
"So what happened?!?!"
"What?!?! Nothing happened! I wa-"
"O come on you wouldn't thank me, well actually YOU would, but you got redder, when you thanked me so obviously something happened."
"Naruto......," Hinata got even redder, "He said I have pretty eyes..." She said this in the softest voice she could and looked at the floor as she said it.
"What did you say?!?! I couldn't hear you!!!!!" Kiba teased in a loud, obnoxious voice. "Did you say, that Naruto said, that you have pretty eyes?!?!" in the same loud voice. Hinata turned a darker shade of red, almost purple as people started looking over.
"Kiba not so loud people are looking at us..."
"Hinata don't worry everyone knows that you like him." (Hinata blushed)
"Yeah, maybe, but not everyone needs to know what goes on." Hinata responded in the annoyed but still playing around voice.
"O really... sounds like your not telling me something..."
"What do you mean? Nothing else happened."
"Right... well make sure you tell me what goes on... I AM the one who gave you the advice."
"Well, we stopped at the ramen shop and he asked me... he asked me if you and I went out over the year." Kiba started laughing so hard he fell to the floor. When he was "done" laughing, he was still giggling.
"He seriously asked you if we went out?!?! He really is clueless isn't he..."
"HEY!"
"O right you're still in love with him."
"No, not love, just like."
"Sure anyway you should go visit him."
"What?!?!"
"Yeah, go to his house, you know, make sure he's alright."
"No, I'm not going to his house. You of all people should know I can't do that."
"No, I of all people know you CAN do that."
"No, I'm not going." Kiba then lifts her up (bridal style of course) and takes her to Naruto's apartment. They could hear the shower on. Kiba put Hinata down in front of Naruto's door and knocked on the door. Kiba then ran and hide in the bushes.
"O, Hinata it's only you, something wrong?"
He's only wearing a towel!!! ONLY A TOWEL!!!
Wow, he's only wearing a towel? I thought he would at least put a robe on or something. Hinata is getting really red, maybe this was a bad idea.
"Hinata?... Hinata?... Hinata?!" just as Naruto said the last word, Hinata passed out and Naruto caught her just as she was about to hit the ground.
At least he didn't let her hit the floor.
~~~~~~*
What should I do?... I guess I'll just lay her on my bed and let her sleep? Naruto put Hinata on his bed and went to finish his shower. Naruto then went into his bedroom (where Hinata was sleeping) and started to put his clothes on.
Hinata sits up. "Huh? Naruto? What are you doing here?" She sees Naruto is only in boxers and blushes (once again).
"Hinata, your okay... I'm here because this is my apartment but why are you here?"
"O, well, I just came to check if you are okay from your mission."
"O, um... well I'm fine but are you? Like you just passed out in front of my apartment."
"I-I'm fine. But Naruto you have a lot of scratches on you... do you need help bandaging?"
"No, I'm good but if you want you can make some hot cocoa or something. Just raid my fridge, just make sure you check expiration dates though."
"Tha-thanks, I'm good though."
"Hey Hinata, I need to go pick up a few things in the village, do you want to come with me?"
"Sure, I guess so." Hinata was still blushing considering Naruto was sitting in front of her on his bed still in his boxers putting the bandages on to keep out infections.
~~~~~~*
"Nar-Naruto..."
"Hinata, your red again, are you sure you're not sick, you've been red all day."
His hand is on my head!!! She turns a deeper shade of red.
"You know, I think you have a fever. Do you want to go home?"
"N-no thanks, I'm fine."
"Okay then, well I want to go visit Iruka-sensai and Kakashi-sensai, I haven't seen them in a while." Naruto starts walking over to the area with the stone with all the names of people who died as heroes in battle from the village.
"Nar-Naruto, why are we going that way?"
"Well, one time I wanted to know why Kakashi-sensai was always late to training, so... I found him and then followed one morning to this spot. I figured this is the best place to start to look for him."
"But Naruto... that was on Morning, this is the afternoon." Naruto gets anime sweat drop and anime freeze. He then swings around and starts going back the way they came. "Where are we going now?"
"The book store."
"The book store?"
"Yeah, the new Come Come Paradise book comes out today."
"So?"
"Kakashi reads/collects/what ever he has them and he use to always read it while he was training us. So I figure he is at the book store."
"O..." well at least he is using his brain a little.
Naruto wound up using Tajuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu (Mass shadow clone replication) and after a while of not being able to find either Kakashi or Iruka, Hinata brought up a point.
"Nar-Naruto..."
"WHAT?!?!"
"Sorry..." Hinata got really quiet.
"O, Hinata, I'm sorry... I didn't realize you were still following me. What is it?"
"Well maybe they are on a mission?" Naruto got an anime sweat drop and anime fall before all of his clones ran to Tsunade-sama's office all at once and fought each other to get in the door. Tsunade-sama was taken aback by all of the Naruto's that just appeared in her doorway.
"Tsunade-bear chan I have to ask you something!!!!!!!!!!! Where the hell is Kakashi and Iruka?!?!"
"Naruto?" looking very excited and wanting to get some ramen someone requested.
"Why are you blocking the doorway?" reading the new Come Come Paradise book someone else asked.
"IRUKA!! KAKASHI!!" all of Naruto's clones all jump onto the two gennin. "Where have you been?!?!"
"We just got back," Iruka answered.
"I sent them on a... Hinata? Are you okay?" Hinata just showed up out of breathe because of trying to keep up with Naruto.
"Iruka, Kakashi... finally..." Hinata managed to get out. "Naruto has been looking for you all over..." Naruto grabbed Hinata to help her stand.
"We can see that the way he's worked you," Kakashi commented.
"Okay... well, Naruto I had sent them on a mission." Naruto anime sweat drops.
"I've been looking for them all over, to find out they were on a mission?!?!"
"I'm sorry Naruto," Iruka apologized.
"Naruto, Hinata, are you together?" Kakashi randomly questioned. Naruto and Hinata pulled apart quickly as they turned red.
"No... we are just friends." Naruto responded just as quickly.
"O I thought maybe you figured it out or Hinata told you... or something."
"What do you mean?" Hinata standing behind Naruto shaking her head but secretly she wanted Naruto to know... to know how she really felt about him.
"O, well it's nothing. You really are clueless Naruto."
"I HAVE WORK TO DO!!!" Tsunade-sama yelled really annoyed. (Tsunade-sama's head gets too big for her body.)
"Right... we'll just leave now..." the scared Naruto replied. Everyone left the office.
"Naruto what are you doing tomorrow?" Iruka wondered hoping it was nothing because he wanted to get some ramen with him.
"I am going on a mission with Hinata, Kiba, and Sakura," seeing Iruka's disappointed face Naruto added, "but I'm not leaving until noon."
"You just got back, but I guess you don't have a choice in the matter."
"Well it's an important mission plus I'm leading."
"Well, want to go to the ramen shop tomorrow before you leave?... My treat."
"Of course!!! Free ramen and eating with you!!! I wouldn't give that chance up."
"Meet you tomorrow morning at the ramen shop." Naruto then noticed Kakashi had already left and Hinata was still standing there just as Iruka started to leave.
"Hinata, I'll walk you home," Naruto told her.
"No, it's okay," (Hinata started blushing as Naruto slowly grabbed her hand.)
"I want to though," Naruto said sweetly. Naruto started walking Hinata home and they turned red because people were staring at them. It then started raining. Naruto took his jacket off and put it on Hinata.
"Maybe we should go to my apartment because it is closer until the rain dies down."
"Okay." They arrived at Naruto's apartment right before it started to pour even worse.
"Well, it looks like the rain isn't going to let up. I'll go and get you some dry clothes." He goes into his room and returns a few minutes later with an oversized t-shirt and a pair of orange sweat pants and he is only wearing the same type of orange sweat pants that he has in this hands for Hinata. "You can go into my room and change."
"Thank you." Hinata goes into Naruto's room and starts changing into his clothes.
"Hinata! Can you get my backpack out of the top drawer?!?!"
"Su-Sure..." As she is getting the bag, she sees a picture of her and Naruto together from a few years ago on top of the dresser.
Naruto knocks on the door "Hinata? Are you okay?" Hinata quickly puts the picture down and turns red from wearing Naruto's clothes.
"Ya I'm fine."
"Are you done?"
"Yeah," Hinata opens the door, just as Naruto opens the door and they just look at each other for, what seemed to them, like forever.
"Um, Hinata..." (Now Naruto was blushing.) "My clothes look good on you." (Hinata started to blush.)
"Here's your backpack."
"Thanks..." he took the backpack and threw it over to where the bags from shopping were. "I got sushi while we were out shopping, do you want any?"
"Su-sure, thank you."
"No problem." Naruto takes the sushi out of the bags and puts it on the coffee table that is across from Naruto's couch which he then sits on and turns the T.V. on. "Hinata come sit..."
"Okay." Hinata sits down next to Naruto.
"Do you want to watch T.V. or listen to music?"
"Wha-what ever, you can choose." Naruto changes the channel to the soft music channel.
"I like this music at night, it's soothing." Hinata laughed real quick and then stopped because Naruto was looking at her and smiling. "Why did you stop laughing? It sounded cute." (Naruto grabbed a piece of sushi.)
"Nar-Naruto... why do you work so hard to find Sasuke?"
"What?"
"Why did you leave for a year to try and find Sasuke, you hated him... you always tried to beat him but never could and you hated him for that because you got better but then he did too but your still working so hard to find him."
"He's my comrade, even though I didn't like him, he was on my team, I spent a lot of time with him on missions and training, plus I still haven't beaten him yet."
"Now I remember why I liked you so much," she said this in a voice Naruto could barely hear, but he did. He thought of a bunch of times he was with Hinata and realized she was always blushing, he realized what everyone was talking about all day, he then thought of the girl in the waterfall and when he told Kiba about it, how Hinata got so red.
"Was that you in the Waterfall?"
"What?"
"On the mission to find the bug so many years ago. Was that you in the waterfall?"
"O, that, yeah. It was me..." very shyly Hinata answered.
"Hinata, am I... am I too late?"
"What do you mean? Am I too late for what?"
"I like you Hinata... and I finally figured out why you were so weird... you liked me. And now I want to know... am I too late?" (Hinata turns red and Naruto sees this.) "So I'm not too late?"
"N-no, Naruto you would have never been too late. I lo-" Hinata was interrupted by Naruto's soft, inviting lips. Hinata pulled away.
"I-I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean..." He didn't finish his sentence and he knew he would never need to because Hinata kissed him and he found out that he never really liked Sakura, he just thought he did. Naruto and Hinata deepened the kiss. Naruto put his arms around Hinata and Hinata pulled away blushing.
"There's no need to be..."
"It's not that..."
"Then what is it?"
"I've watched you for so long, secretly cheering for you, wishing I was like you... sounds silly doesn't it?"
"No Hinata, because nothing you will ever say will ever sound silly to me." Hinata hugged him and he kissed her back, Hinata waited for this moment for so long and it happened so close to what she had always wished it did, that it felt like a dream that she wished she would never wake up out of. Naruto stopped kissing Hinata and she rested her head on Naruto's chest and they sat that way for a while. "Hinata it stopped-" he looked down to see that she was sleeping. He then slowly fell asleep himself.
~~~~~~*
Naruto was the first to wake up. The sun was already out and Naruto wondered what time it was.
"Hey Hinata..." Naruto said sweetly trying to wake her up
"What... Naruto?" She then remembered she fell asleep laying on Naruto. "Oh no! I need to get home and pack for the mission!" Hinata started to leave but just before she ran out the door Naruto called for her.
"What Naruto?"
"Wait up for a sec." He ran over to her and kissed her on the forehead. "Good morning." Hinata ran out the door still in Naruto's clothes. Naruto then remembered he still had to pack too before meeting Iruka at the ramen shop. Naruto hurriedly but carefully packed all of the items he needed for the mission before running out of his apartment and locking it up.
~~~~~~*
okay so the first chapter isn't that good but it gets better
Sign up to rate and review this story