Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Love, Tears and a Mission

Mostly the Mission

by luv-those-who-review 0 reviews

NaruHina Naruto is back from the time skip. He learns Hinata's true feelings for him. Gaara's sleeping, mission in sand village. Lemony. Little bit of KibaSaku, GaaYoko, Yoko my character. Fighting...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Characters: Gaara, Hinata, Kakashi, Kiba, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [Y] - Published: 2007-04-09 - Updated: 2007-04-09 - 5459 words

0Unrated
"Right. Gaara how are we going to do this?" Naruto still a little upset asked.
"Legend says to put the Shukaku to sleep, you have to put the emerald within two feet of it and it takes a while for it to start working,. About 30 minutes, that's why I've had it on my desk... So there's only about five more minutes."
"Okay..." They all answered.
"Gaara, where do you want us to be located?" Naruto questioned.
"One person in my room, two outside the window, and two outside the door. Plus no offense to any one but... I want Naruto inside my room for the first night."
"Kiba, Hinata, I want you two outside the window; Kakashi, Sakura, I want you two outside the door; I will be in Gaara's room. If anything goes on one fight, one come get me. Got it?"
"Yes." Kakashi, Sakura, Kiba, and Hinata answered.
Naruto looked to Gaara and saw he looked drowsy. "Gaara, we should get you into bed."
"Yeah, okay." Gaara got up out of his chair. Walking into his unused room, he was followed by Hinata, Kiba, and Naruto with the emerald in his hand. Kakashi and Sakura stayed outside Gaara's room, Kiba climbed out the window and stood on the roofing that was out of the window. A chill blew threw the window just as Hinata started out the window.
"Hinata wait a second." She turned around to see Naruto, he was taking his jacket off to reveal a skin tight, black shirt. She blushed. He took his jacket and put it on Hinata's shoulders. "Here, so you don't get cold." She blushed even more.
"Thank-you," and joined Kiba outside. Gaara was already laying on his bed when Naruto returned to Earth.
"Why did you want me to be in your room tonight?"
"You helped me to have the chance to have friends, I just felt it was appropriate to have you here tonight to help me with this."
"Oh, okay." Naruto said as Gaara laid down and for the first time in his life, he slept. Not only did he sleep though, he slept peacefully.
~~~~~~*
"Hinata..." Kiba looked at her, she looked at him. "About last night..."
"You know?" She only turned a little red because she was talking to her best friend.
"About last night and Naruto, Yeah." Hinata got just a little darker.
"Does Sakura know?"
There was some silence between them while Kiba was contemplating whether he should tell Hinata the truth or not. He decided to. "She knows, but she promised not to make a big deal out of it."
"Oh yeah that makes me feel a whole lot better." Hinata said sarcastically.
"Well it should."
"Why should it?"
"Cause it means she won't kill you."
~~Meanwhile~~
Sakura was outside Gaara's room pacing while Kakashi just sat in front of the door reading Icha Icha Paradise before he asked, "Something you want to talk about Sakura?"
"No I'm fine..." She continued pacing back and forth while having a conversation with her inner self.
~~Sakura's Inner Self~~
"Just go in there, go threw the window, AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THAT LITTLE HYUUGA BITCH!!!"
"No, I promised Kiba I wouldn't!!! Not only that but even if I didn't keep my promise... at least two, maybe three if Kakashi-sensai stops reading his book long enough-"
"He already stopped reading his book and asked you..." Inner Sakura smugly cut Sakura off.
"If I even touch Hinata in a way that would hurt her... gives me chills what Naruto could do with his strength. Anyway I'll talk to Kakashi-sensai considering you just want me to kick Hinata's ass."
~~Leave Inner Sakura~~
Sakura was pacing all threw-out her conversation with Inner Sakura and when she came back to Earth, she stopped pacing, Kakashi noticed and put Icha Icha Paradise down. (--Me: OMG!!! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!)
"Kakashi-sensai, can we talk?"
"If you wish..." He put that face on that you know he is smiling even though you can only see his eye, to comfort Sakura. It worked. She felt less tense then before and started talking to Kakashi.
"Do you-" She couldn't finish her sentence because there was a crash from inside Gaara's room. As soon as they heard the crash everyone was in the room with wide eyes as Naruto was jumping towards the Shukaku to kick him in the stomach. "Oh shit!" Sakura said loudly under her breath.
The half transformed Shukaku went to knock Naruto's head off but Naruto dodged it and kicked him in the side. Kiba saw in Hinata's eyes that she wanted to help Naruto. Just as she started to step towards Naruto, Kiba put his hand on her shoulder to stop her, "I know you want to help him, but if any of us step in, we'll be in the was." Kiba could see she still wanted to help him but she backed up towards the window and Kiba knowing he was right. All she could do was watch helplessly as Naruto got hit in the side and flew into the wall creating a crater. He swept his foot into the Shukaku's legs causing it to fall backward. The sand started to fall and Naruto realized that it was being suppressed back into Gaara. When the sand was all back on the ground instead of the Shukaku form, Gaara was left standing there, he had his hand on his forehead.
"I'm sorry..." He told Naruto.
"Don't worry; one, it isn't your fault; twp. that is what we are here for." Naruto just then realized Gaara said the word 'sorry'. He froze just like everyone else in the room other then Gaara.
"What?" Gaara asked.
"Y-Y-You sa-sa-said s-s-sorry."
"Um... Okay then... seeing how the emerald only works once every 20 hours, you guys can go to your hotel rooms." By that time Naruto and the group had already recovered.
"Thanks Kazekage-sama." Hinata stuttered.
"No problem, as long as I'm awake, I can protect the emerald."
"Thanks." Naruto said as he walked over to Hinata. "What time do you want us tomorrow?"
"Um... The emerald won't work for another 20 hours, so... I guess... 8:30." Naruto had just reached Hinata and started to slowly lace his fingers with her's, she blushed slightly but let him.
"Okay, see you then." Naruto told Gaara as him and Hinata walked out. Kiba and Sakura stood there flushed with jealousy. Kakashi had just disappeared in a puff of smoke and Gaara took the stone and started to walk out of his, now ruined, bed room. They looked at each other and turned a deeper shade of red.
"Should we got going?" Kiba asked still flushed.
"Sure..." Sakura was looking down at the ground. Kiba started walking towards the door but when he got to where Sakura was standing he stopped.
.........
First he looked at her.
.........
Then took her hand in his.
.........
She looked up.
.........
They stared into each other's eyes.
.........
His arms around her waist, their lips met.
The shared a few quick, smaller kisses where he took her upper lip and she took his lower lip. At first she was shocked, stunned, confused, but mostly... happy. She decided to go along with it. She put her arms around his waist just before he pulled away.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have, you still like Naruto."
"No I don't. Today helped me realize that, I had a chance to get to know you."
~~8:30 P.M.~~
Once again Gaara was trying to suppress the Shukaku while still going to sleep with the help of the emerald. This time Naruto was outside with Hinata, Kiba was outside the door with Sakura, which left Kakashi inside the room. Naruto and Hinata sat close outside on the top of the roof to keep each other warm, Kiba and Sakura talked and Kakashi, of course, read Icha Icha Paradise until the Shukaku was released (not on purpose) and he fought it off easily considering he caught it before Gaara had even transformed half way. The same thing happened for three more nights, although each night Gaara slept longer then the night before.
~~Fifth Night~~
Naruto was in Gaara's room again and this night Gaara slept all threw out the night with no interruptions.
The next morning Naruto was still sitting on the couch, now thinking about the past few days.
All this time spent with Hinata has been great. I've gotten to know her a lot better. Plus the fact I can talk to Hinata without the worry of Sakura seeing us and the fact Hinata is talking normal is awesome. Naruto looked out the window to see Hinata's long raven colored hair flowing in the wind with the rising sun behind her, he put a slight smile on. She is so pretty. I don't deserve someone like her. He looked towards Gaara. Now that he's asleep and it doesn't look like the Shukaku is going to come out, he will be sleeping for a while... Orochimaru, if he is going to attack, won't attack during the day, so it I have two people here at a time, it should be fine. He got up from the couch he was sitting on and walked to the window. "Hinata, Kiba come in."
"Okay." Hinata answered, turning around.
"Kay." Kiba responded, as Naruto turned towards the door and started to walk towards it. When he reached the door he opened it and told Sakura and Kakashi to come in.
Being quiet so not to accidentally wake the sleeping Gaara, (--Me: Like you could wake someone from sleeping who hasn't slept all of his life.) Naruto told them, "Since it is the day time, I don't think Orochimaru is stupid enough to attack the Kazekage in the middle of the day so I think it will be fine to have two people here at a time just incase."
"Want to take the first part with me?" Hinata asked Naruto.
What ever tiredness that was in Naruto left him. "Sure... I figure we will do hour and half shifts, switching every 45 minutes. Kakashi-sensai, you'll take Hinata's spot in 45 minutes, Sakura you will take my spot in and hour and half, Kiba you will take Kakashi's spot in two hours and 15 minutes, and then Hinata will take Sakura's spot in three hours. Then we will just repeat it until it gets to be eight, eleven hours from now. Understood?"
The answer was a combination of 'Yeah', 'Yes', and 'Uh-huh'.
"Okay, Kakashi, Kiba, and Sakura, you guys can go." Kiba, Sakura, and Kakashi left the room, Kiba and Sakura by way of the door but Kakashi just disappeared again in a puff of smoke.
Hinata and Naruto were left in the room alone except for the sleeping Gaara. He sat down on the same couch he was sitting on before and motioned for Hinata to come over. She sat next to him and he spoke with a serious and concerned tone, "I don't want you going too far from me."
"In the past few days I have barely even left your side. This isn't like you, you're... you're worried."
"When it comes to my precious people, I usually get worried, sometimes I just don't show it..." he blushed.
"What's bothering you?" She asked concerned.
"I think Orochimaru is going to come soon. Even though Tsunade-bear chan said that there isn't a high chance of them coming, but I feel like they are coming soon." He pulled her tight to him. "Please be careful. They might use you to get to me." She wrapped her arms around his waist and put her head on his chest.
"I will, promise." After Hinata said that Naruto took her in his arms and they sat this was for a while, in silence listening to each other's rhythm of life. (--Me: A.K.A. breathing --Writer Me: I was trying to use a creative way of saying that, why'd you have to tell them?!?! --Me: Because some people might not had gotten that. --Writer Me: Oh, fine, I guess.) At least until a boy with make-up on his face who was about Naruto's age barged into the room followed by a girl with a big fan on her back. (--Me: Okay , I've never interrupted twice in such a short amount of time but please if you watch/ read Naruto you should know who there people are.) The boy started screaming at Gaara to wake him up and the girl started yelling at Hinata and Naruto.
"HOW COULD YOU LET HIM FALL ASLEEP?!?!"
"Stop yelling! Kankuro stop trying to wake him!" Kankuro stopped but Temari didn't.
"YOU DUM ASS!!! THE SHUKAKU'S GOING TO BE RELEASED!!!"
"He's been asleep for let's see... well... about 13 hours now, and after 13 hours don't you think the Shukaku would have been released by then?"
"Yeah... By the way, who are you?" She asked.
"You don't remember me? I'm hurt. I'm the only one to ever beat your brother."
Both Temari and Kankuro gasped.
Is this really the runt... he's kind of cute... "Uzumaki Naruto?"
"The one and only!" Naruto just realized that Hinata had been sleeping and was now waking due to the yelling. "I'm sorry Hinata, didn't mean to wake you."
"HNM?" Hinata tried to ask something except that's what came out considering her grogginess. He kissed her on her forehead. "Naruto... I'm sorry I fell asleep."
"It's fine, I wouldn't have allowed you to fight him anyway."
"Hold on! I've got some questions." Temari told Naruto.
"I got one first."
"What is it?" She answered/ asked a little annoyed.
"What time is it?" Her and Kankuro anime sweat dropped and even after being with Naruto for five days now was even a little shocked he would ask something like that.
When Temari regained her composure she answered him, "Ten... why?"
"Dam Kakashi! He's late again!"
"Don't worry Naruto, I'll stay here until he gets back."
"Okay... What are your questions Temari?" He looked from his girlfriend to Temari. The usual cool, collected and calm Temari had left the building. What Naruto saw when he looked at Temari was a red-faced, hot-blooded, pissed off Temari. He could understand why she was like this though, because Naruto was taking too long to answer her questions. "Um... Are you going to ask?"
With an evil grin on and eye twitching she started to ask her question, "How is-" Naruto's stomach rumbled.
"Sorry..." Naruto said innocently.
Temari, with her eye twitching even more, started again, "How is my brother sleeping like that without the Shukaku coming out?"
"I would have thought he would have at least told his siblings considering he told his girlfriend."
"HIS WHAT?!?!" They both yelled.
"His girlfriend, seriously, where have you guys been?"
"On a mission for three months."
"Oh... That would explain it then... anyway, he found this ancient emerald that allows him to sleep without the Shukaku being released, Hinata, Kiba, Sakura, Kakashi-sensei, and I are here incase the Shukaku was released. And it was a few times but we made sure it didn't ruin the village or hurt anyone."
"Okay, one question answered... second one, is Hinata your girlfriend?"
Naruto and Hinata blushed, her head still on his chest, she could feel his breath get shallow, this was actually the first time he had been asked if Hinata was his girlfriend, all of the other times it was, 'Are you two finally going out?' or something to that extent. Never 'girlfriend'.
"Yeah, she is my girlfriend." Naruto finally answered.
Dammit! He shows up after like two years and looks like that and he's already taken. "Okay now one more question."
"What is it?"
"Did Gaara at least get a hot girlfriend?" Naruto turned red. He didn't know what to say, he looked down at Hinata and stroked her hair with one of his hands. She was sleeping again. Little did he know though, she was pretending to be asleep so that way she could get a truthful answer out of him.
"After about two minutes he looked up from his 'sleeping' beauty. "I can't answer that."
"Huh?" Temari wondered.
"I said, I can't answer that, I'm taken, I don't think about that with girls other then Hinata." Hinata slightly smiled not wanting her lover to know she was awake and heard what he said.
"Oh well, I'll just find out when Gaara introduces us to her."
"Except he may not let you get near her." Kankuro said in a playful tone.
"SHUT UP!!! IT WAS ONE TIME!!!" Naruto covered Hinata as best as he could, and held her tighter, while just staring a Temari shocked. "DAMMIT KANKURO!!! YOU SWORE TO KEEP IT QUIET!!!"
"Opps... must have slipped..."
"I hate being the oldest." Temari took a deep breath and tried to kill her younger brother. Naruto looked down at Hinata again and this time she was actually sleeping.
She looks so... so, peaceful. He stroked his hand threw Hinata's silky, raven colored hair (--Writer Me: Sorry I have him do that a lot lately...) as the two siblings bickered. Hinata stirred in her sleep but didn't wake up. "Will you guys please shut up." Naruto told the two siblings.
"What did you say?" Kankuro sounded pissed.
"Hinata's sleeping and I don't want you waking her up, so wither shut up or get out."
"Fine... we're leaving." Temari answered him but just as she went to open the door the knob turned and in walked a half awake Kakashi.
"Your late." Naruto said with firmness in his voice.
"Sorry, I saw a little old lady-"
"How many times are you going to use those lame excuses? It's obvious that you were sleeping."
Well, on one account, his observation skills have defiantly improved. Or it could be the fact it's pretty obvious... While Naruto was reprimanding Kakashi, Temari and Kankuro slipped out.
"I wonder who Gaara's girlfriend is..." Kankuro thought out loud.
"Yeah, me too......... Maybe he had pictures of her in his office."
Kankuro and Temari walk into Gaara's office to see a beautiful girl sitting behind Gaara's desk in his chair. She had hair that framed her face and stopped just a little under her shoulders. It was a dark brown but had streaks of different shades of blues in it. Her eyes were a lot like Naruto's but not only were they blue, they were red, green, and yellow, all at the same time but the colors did not blend together. They all showed up in her eyes. When she stood up they saw a slim, but not anorexic, figure. She was wearing a fish net top, with a black vest just over her breasts, clasped together in the middle, fish net leggings going to the middle of her calves and black leggings that go about five inches up from her knee with a mini skirt and a pair of sandals.
"Hello, You must be Gaara's siblings. He has shown me pictures." She smiled as she talked to them.
Oh my god!!! How the... What the... She's... I'm confused... Gaara's older brother thought as he looked at Gaara's girlfriend.
I'm impressed. How did she fall for Gaara? (--Me: I'm a huge Gaara fan; I love, love, love him!!! --Writer Me: Please don't hurt us!) She could have anyone and she picked my brother. Temari couldn't get it and the more she thought about it the more confused she got. "Hi." She finally said. "I'm Temari and he is Kankuro."
"It's nice to meet you, I'm Tsukiko Yoko."
"It's nice to meet you, do either of you know where Gaara is?"
"He's sleeping." Kankuro answered.
"He is?!?! That's awesome!!! Which room is he in?"
"Forth one on the right." Temari answered still shocked.
"Arigato," she left the Kazekage's office to find him. Temari and Kankuro stood there for about five minutes before Temari hit Kankuro on the head.
"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!?!"
"For that thing you said while we were in Gaara's room."
~~~~~~*
Even though Kakashi was there Hinata decided to stay so that way Naruto wouldn't worry about her, plus, he was a good pillow. The whole time Kakashi was there he read Icha Icha paradise as Hinata slept on Naruto's lap, while he stroked her hair. (--Me: Sorry again.) When Sakura showed up, on time, Naruto picked Hinata up carefully so not to wake her and carried her to their hotel room. He put her in the bed and laid down next to her with his arm on her waist. He fell asleep holding on to her, not wanting to loose another precious person.
~~8 P.M.~~
Yoko was sitting next to a sleeping Gaara, while Naruto and Hinata sat on the couch in each other's arms. Naruto, Hinata, and Yoko looked up when they heard the door start to open. In walked Kiba and Sakura, Sakura was pinker then usual, like she had just been laughing a lot.
"Kakashi-sensai isn't here yet?" She asked Naruto.
Naruto playfully answered, "Since when has he ever been on time for anything."
"Very true," She responded just after Kiba put his arm around her waist and she blushed. Kiba lead her to the couch Hinata and Naruto was sitting on. They sat there for about seven minutes and talked before they saw a kunai fly threw the room and stick to the door.
"I've been sitting here for five minutes and you just now notice... you shouldn't let your guard down at a time like this."
"Kakashi-Sensai!!! Even if you have been sitting there for five minutes, you're ten minutes late!!!"
"Actually I would be five minutes late," Kakashi said matter-of-factly but still in his sweet voice.
"Tonight I don't want us separated." Naruto told them. "I'm getting a strange premonition."
"I should get going," Yoko told the group. "Like, I don't want to be in the way."
"No, stay tonight. We don't know who is working for them and if you don't stay you could be in danger. Plus you have a Kekkei Genkai, you could prove to be valuable in the up-coming fight."
"I'm not a ninja thought..." Yoko told Naruto.
"Do you know how to use your Kekkei Genkai?" He asked.
"Yeah, for the most part." She answer him.
"Can you fight?"
"I've been training with Gaara-sama for the past month..."
"You'll do awesome then, plus if you need help, there's all of us here."
"Okay, I'll help." She looked to Gaara. I really do like you Gaara... but I don't have a choice. She sighed and tuned back into what Naruto was saying.
"-and I want us to all stay together tonight because I've been having a bad feeling, it makes me feel better knowing we are all here together."
I don't know if I'm going to be able to do this... All five of them seem very strong and... and Gaara... She felt a searing pain go down her neck and clutched it in suddenness.
All of Sakura's training kicked in and she instantly asked "Are you okay?" as she showed up next to Yoko.
"Yeah I'm fine... earlier I was training and tripped, no worries." Shit! Every time I think about not going threw with the plan my neck starts hurting.
"I should check it."
"No, really, I'm fine." Yoko insisted.
"Very well then, " Sakura gave up on fighting with Yoko and Naruto continued talking.
I'm not going to do it tonight. Naruto seems like a powerful person. But what I want to know is how he knew I was planning on doing it tonight... Maybe it was just a lucky guess. But anyway, I need to get that stone. I'll do it in-
"Yoko... Yoko... Yoko?" Kakashi was calling her name.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I got caught up in my thoughts."
She acts strange, I'm keeping my eyes on her while she's around the stone and Gaara. I don't trust her, of course there's always the other reason I'm keeping my eyes on her... He grinned pervertivily but no one could see it threw his mask.
The night went on. Everyone making sure nothing was going on by keeping their senses open. The night went by silently and nothing happened. Morning came, Gaara was still sleeping, and Hinata was the first to talk.
"Nar-Naruto..." He looked at her, "We-well I d-don't think he-he's c-c-coming today."
"You're probably right, we'll do the same thing as yesterday, except today, be fully aware, stand back to back in the middle of the room."
"Okay."
"Everybody, you can go. Oh and everyone be careful, especially you Yoko, they might use you to get to him because you're his girlfriend." Kiba, Sakura, and Yoko left but Kakashi walked to Naruto.
He whispered, "Come here for a second."
Naruto did what Kakashi said as he yelled back to Hinata, "Will you be okay for a few minutes?" I really don't like leaving her alone.
"Yeah, of course."
"What's going on Kakashi-sensai?"
"Please stop calling me 'sensai', we're on even level now, 'sensai' makes me feel old."
"Kakashi-sensai, what's going on?"
"Fine... I think that you should keep your eye on Yoko while she's around Gaara and that stone, something's strange about her and I don't trust her."
"Okay, if you say so." Naruto walked back over to Hinata and caught Kakashi just before he puffed away, "Don't be late Kakashi."
"I will be," and puffed away.
"What's that about?" Hinata asked her love.
"He doesn't trust Yoko, but what ever. Hinata, you face the door, I'll face the window."
Some time went by before Hinata interrupted the silence, "Naruto..."
"Yeah?"
"I think you should think a little more about what Kakashi said about- Yoko, Hi."
"Hey, just came to see if Gaara was still sleeping." Yoko told them. Hinata looked behind her to Naruto. He turned his head and looked at her and she had a look of concern.
"Okay," he whispered and she looked back to the door. "Um, Yoko, you've been up all night, you should go home and go to sleep." He walked over to her and helped her up from her knees, Hinata, of course, got red with jealousy.
Dammit, I was so close. "Um, yeah, I should go. I'm kinda tired." She went to the door and Naruto went back to his position in the middle of the room. "I'll see you later."
"Have a good day," Hinata answered back and Yoko left.
Shit, shit, shit! That was too close. he almost caught me... I'm going to do it a night when it looks like he's loosing confidence in himself.
~~~~~~*
Unfortunately for her, he didn't loose confidence in himself. Gaara woke up two days later. He slept for four nights, three days. In those days Yoko would check to see if everyone was still alert and sadly, for her, they were. On those days, Naruto had the group stay alert and do shifts in the day and all be together at night. Naruto barely slept those few days but was still very alert.
~~Morning Gaara Woke~~
"Naruto you should get some sleep." Kakashi informed him. "You've been up for too long and even if Sasuke showed up, you wouldn't have the energy to fight him."
"When Sakura gets here, I'll go to my hotel room and sleep."
"Okay, oh and look, here comes Sakura now," Kakashi said as she walked into the room.
"See you later Kakashi-sensei and Sakura." Naruto said as he left. He started walking down the hallway and ran into Hinata. "Oh, Hinata. What are you doing here?"
"I knew your part is over so I came to get you," She kissed him softly on the lips and he blushed seeing Temari and Kankuro just down the hall behind Hinata.
"So Naruto, the future Hokage, gets embarrassed when his girlfriend kisses him," Temari teased and Hinata then blushed. "Your lucky Hinata, take care of him or someone else will."
"C-come on Nar-Naruto, y-you should g-get some sleep," she grabbed his hand and started walking past Kankuro and Temari.
"OOO, looks like someone likes Naruto," Kankuro teased his older sister.
"No, he's just cute, and she's cuter when she gets jealous..."
"I thought you said that was a 'one-time-thing', doesn't seem like it..."
Temari blushed, "It was, but I can think girls are cute..."
~~~~~~*
"Looks like Hinata's jealous of someone who's name starts with a 'T'."
"No, I just don't like when people talk about you like that."
"You don't have to worry about that. I love you and you only." He took her around the waist and he was looking at her, she had her face in his chest. "Look at me." She did what he told her. "I can't promise that girls will stop falling over me, but I can promise that as long as we are together, I won't give them the time of day. And I plan on being with you for a long time."
"Arigato Naruto." He put one of his hands on the back of Hinata's head and kissed her softly and passionately. "Your getting better at this Naruto," she teased. "Come on, you definitely need sleep." She walked with him to the hotel room.
"I can't go to sleep with you out there," he told Hinata.
"Fine I'll lay with you, will that get you to sleep?"
"Yeah," he laid down and she laid down facing him.
Hinata held his hand, "Now go to sleep." He closed his eyes and drifted off. She stayed by his side until a knock at the door forced her to get up. She opened the door and looked at the man in front of her.
"I was expecting Naruto to answer, where is he?"
"He's sleeping Kakashi."
"Well when he wakes up, tell him Gaara woke up and wants us in his office at 7:30."
"Okay, I'll tell him." Kakashi left and Hinata went to the bathroom to take a shower. When she came out he was still sleeping. He looks so peaceful, too bad I know he isn't right now, he's so worried someone is going to get hurt, he hasn't slept for two to three days. No wonder I love him...
She had a small smile on while looking at her lover. He stirred in his sleep and with his hand searched for Hinata. Subconsciously he sat up and yelled her name.
"I-I'm s-sorry..." She walked over to him and sat on the bed, "I just took a shower, I didn't leave the room." He moved over to her and took her in a tight embrace, his head in the bend of her neck. He kissed her neck a few times as he held her. "I-I-I r-really a-a-am s-s-sorry." He held her shoulders and looked at her.
"It's not your fault... I, I had a horrible dream... I... I lost..." he held her tightly again.
"Nar-Naruto..." She didn't know what to say to him. Hinata took him and laid his head on her lap. She ran her fingers threw his hair and rubbed his back until he seemed better. After a while Naruto sat up and looked at Hinata.
I can't loose her, not now.
"Come on, let's go get something to eat."
"Don't we have to go to Gaara's room?"
"He woke, said to meet him in his office at 7:30."
"Oh, okay..."
"Come on... Unless you don't want to..."
"No, I'll go."
~~~~~~*
"Hey Sakura, Kiba." Naruto said as he walked into a restaurant with Hinata, his arm around her waist and her cheeks red.
"Hey," Kiba blankly stated.
"Look who it is... the two who haven't been separated for a week." Sakura said as she waved to the two.
"You're one to talk," Naruto answered while leading Hinata to the table where Sakura and Kiba sat.
"Since your with Hinata all the time it's not like we have much choice, plus we enjoy each other's company," Sakura blushed slightly.
"So I'm guessing you're okay with me and Hinata?"
"Yeah," she blushed even more. They talked while Hinata and Kiba talked.
"So how has your week of ignoring me been?"
"S-s-sorry, d-didn't mean t-to."
"Oh well... Is Naruto treating you okay?... He isn't hurting you or anything..."
"No Kiba... He isn't... It's the same Naruto just older and well... taken." A waitress walked to the table they were all sitting at.
"Do you have ramen?" Naruto asked. (--Me: Did you really have to say that was Naruto?... Kind of self explanatory --Writer Me: Yes... just shut.)
"Um... Yes, what kind would you like?"
"What kind do you have?"
"They're on the menu."
"Naruto baby, how about we order and you figure out how to use the menu..." Hinata told him while Sakura and Kiba laughed at him.
Sign up to rate and review this story