Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Patrick's Nightingale

Chapter 2: His Ariel

by Dancemandydance 5 reviews

Patrick is in the hospital after getting hit by Joe's guitar. And who is his nurse? Just guess:)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-10 - Updated: 2007-04-11 - 1499 words

1Exciting
-Patrick's POV-

Once again, I here a multitude of voices around me, but I can't see anything. This is really starting to piss me off.
"Is he going to be okay, doctor?" I hear Joe ask.
"Yes. We did some tests. He got a pretty deep gash and the impact from hitting the floor gave him a slight concussion. He has to stay here for a few weeks to rest and be monitored, but I assure you he will be fine."
"Thank God that was the last show of the tour," says Andy.
"Dude!" yells Pete.
"No, I didn't mean it like that. I'm worried about him, too. I just mean that the fans would be so bummed if he had to postpone again or cancel."
"Yeah...you're right, I guess."
"He's opening his eyes!"
"Hi guys" I say softly, trying to sit up.
"Don't sit up, son," a man in a white coat says to me, putting his hand on my shoulder.
"Where am I?"
"Rush," says Pete.
"The medical center?" I ask, lying back down. Pete just nods; concern is all over his face.
"Do you remember what happened to you?"
"The last thing I remember is singing Saturday. And then I woke up for a second and saw a beautiful girl. And then I blacked out again."
"Beautiful girl?" asks Pete.
"Yeah. She was gorgeous."
"I don't remember. Was she an EMT?"
"I don't know, but I felt like Eric waking up to Ariel singing to him in the Little Mermaid."
"Ha ha ha. You are such a dork," Pete laughs.
"Why does my head hurt so badly?" I say, trying to change the subject after the dorky-ass comment I just made.
"I kinda...knocked you out," Joe said cautiously.
"Again?" I sigh. Joe just nods, a look of fear on his face. "Its okay Joe, I'm going to live. I am going to live, right?" I ask, looking at the doctor.
"Yes. You'll be fine. You just have a gash, which is why you have a bandage on your head, and you have a slight concussion. We want to keep you here for a couple of weeks just to make sure you're okay."
"Okay, if I need to."
"You need to," Pete says, putting his hand on my shoulder and smiling at me. I can feel myself start to slip away again. A rush of fatigue comes over me like a wave.
"God, I am super tired."
"We're about to put you on some meds to make your headache go away. You should definitely get some rest," the doctor says, smiling at me before turning around to the guys. "Boys, you can go home. Patrick will be fine."
"I am pretty exhausted," says Andy.
"Me too," Pete says.
"Go guys," I say. I can start to feel my eyelids getting heavy, shutting the light out. "I'm fine. I'm just going to sleep. Go home."
"I'll stay at my parents for a while, just so I can be close. Okay, Patrick?" says Pete.
"Uh huh," I nod absent-mindedly.
"Okay, get some rest, Prince Eric," Pete laughs before they leave. That's going to haunt me forever.


-Diana's POV-

"Diana! Good morning," says Dr. Evans as I walk through the doors.
"Good morning," I say softly.
"What's wrong?"
"Oh nothing...I'm fine."
"You're Fall Out Boy is here, by the way, and the others were here, too. They left, though." he smiles.
"He is? Is he okay? Is he awake? Where is he?" I blurt out at one hundred miles a minute.
"Calm down. He's fine. He has a bit of a concussion and he has to stay here for a few weeks, but he'll be fine."
"I was there last night when it happened."
"You were?"
"Yeah, the EMTs were gone and they needed someone, so I volunteered."
"Then you will be assigned as his lead nurse. You have to check on him every hour."
"Oh right, yeah, of course." My mind goes back to what Lizzi said last night about Patrick falling for me in the hospital and I can't help but smile. I know it's terrible, but I'm happy he's going to be here for a couple of weeks.
When I finally get to his room I find him laying on the bed- knocked out and dead to the world. I find it strange that he's alone at first, but then realize the rest of the boys do have lives and once they found out he was going to be okay they must have gone home.
Patrick looks so peaceful in the bed. There is something odd about him though. Oh, I know - he doesn't have a hat on. I walk over and pick up his chart, checking out his vitals. He's pretty stable, but I still have a lot of work to do. I go through all the steps, checking his wound and everything. I sing while I work. I find it helps the patients and it actually helps me, too. I don't know why, but I feel the need to sing "Almost Like Being in Love."

What a day this has been.
What a rare mood I'm in.
Why it's almost like being in love.

There's a smile on my face.
For the whole human race.
Why its almost like being in love.

-Patrick's POV-

Where is that voice coming from? I hear it and it's familiar; not to mention beautiful. Maybe it's the song. I know that song - I sing it a lot. I must be imagining things though, because pretty soon it stops.

-Diana's POV-

After I'm done checking up on Patrick, I check on the rest of my patients before going on break. When I get to the break room, the first thing I do is dial Lizzi.
"He's here," I say.
"He is? Oh my God. Is he okay?" she asks.
"He has a small concussion. He's in and out of consciousness."
"Has he talked to you yet?"
"No, he hasn't woken up for a couple of hours. I've been checking on him regularly though, and he seems to be doing okay."
"I'm sure once he wakes up and sees you, he will be head over heals in love."
"I just want him to be okay, really."
"I know, but a girl can dream, right?" she giggles.
"Yeah. I guess."
"Have you met Pete? Is he there?" Lizzi always had a thing for Pete. He's cute, I guess, but he never really did anything for me.
"He's not here now, no. I think he was earlier but he left. I've been assigned to be Patrick's nurse, though, so I'm sure I'll see them around."
"Oh my God you are so lucky."
"I'm just doing my job," I say. I look at the clock and realize my break is up. "Speaking of job, I have to go. I'll call you when I get off work, okay?"
"Okay! Talk to you later!"

I go back into Patrick's room to check on him and I see Pete there, sitting in the corner.
"Oh, hi. I'm Pete, you must be his nurse?"
"Diana," I smile, extending my hand. He must not remember me from last night.
"How's he doing?" Pete asks, looking over my shoulder at his chart. I take the chart to my chest and look back at him, raising my eyebrow. "Sorry...I'm just worried."
"He's fine. He's just resting." After I do all the things I need to do, I say goodbye to Pete. "I'll be back to check on him in an hour, but visiting hours will be over then so I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"
"Yeah. I'm staying at my parent's house until he gets better," he smiles.
"That's nice of you. Bye for now," I smile and give a little wave.
"Bye."

-Patrick's POV-

I wake up to the sound of Pete's voice saying "bye".
"Bye? What bye?" I ask.
"Oh dude! You're awake!" Pete says, rushing to my side. "I was just saying bye to your nurse. She's a real cutie, Patrick - just you're type," he winks.
"I thought I heard someone else. I heard someone singing to me earlier I think. She was singing Nat King Cole."
"Even more perfect, then," he smiled. "Maybe that girl is your Ariel."
"Ha ha ha. Very funny," I giggle.
"So...feeling better?"
"Yeah, but I can't help feeling the urge to hit Joe in the face with a raw fish or something. That dude is sooo dangerous behind the guitar, its scary. His license should be taken away."
"He just gets into it. He's really sorry. He wishes he could be here, but his girlfriend is making him spend time with her."
"It's alright. What are you doing here, though? Shouldn't you be at home in LA?"
"I'm staying until you get better. I told you already, don't you remember?"
"Ohhh yeah! Thanks Pete, you're the bestest," I smile cutely.
"You're adorable when you're drugged," he winks.
Sign up to rate and review this story