Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Patrick's Nightingale

The Girl Revealed

by Dancemandydance 4 reviews

Patrick finds out who Diana really is...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-11 - Updated: 2007-04-12 - 1438 words

2Exciting
-Patrick's POV-

I know where I am now and I know what I'm doing here, but I still don't know where that voice is coming from. I hear it when I'm sleeping and I try my hardest to wake up, but my eyes just won't open.
Today she's singing "Golden". That's my song...the voice knows my song. I have to wake up. I have to! I open my eyes a bit and I see a figure. I don't know what she's doing, but she seems to be checking my vitals or something. Her voice is so soft; so angelic; so...golden. I look at her, though she doesn't seem to realize I'm awake because she keeps singing:

And I knew that the lights of the city were to heavy for me
Though I carry karots for everyone to seeeee.

And I saw God cry in the reflection of my enemies
And all the lovers with no time for me.

"And all of the mothers raise their babies, to stay away from me," I sing.
"Holy shit!" she screams, jumping up like a scared cat.
"God, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I just," I giggle, "recognized the song."
"I'm sure you did," she smiles sheepishly, her cheeks going red. I look into her eyes and see something familiar - something warm. "I just really like that song and I sing to my patients when they're unconscious. I've been told it helps them or something," she shrugs.
"It definitely helped me," I say. "I'm Patrick, by the way."
"I know," she giggles. "I mean, I'm Diana."
"Nurse Diana," I smile.
"Just Diana."
"Well...just Diana, I love your voice."
"Really?" she says sweetly.
"Really...you sound better than me singing that song." She replies back, and I can't exactly make out what she said, but I'm sure it was along the lines of "nobody sings that song better than you."
"So how are you feeling, Patrick?" she asks, grabbing my hand and taking my pulse. God her skin is soft...
"What? Uh....okay. I don't hurt very badly, but I'm assuming that's the medicine."
"And what year is it?" she asks, taking her hand off of me and shining a light in my eyes.
"Its 2007, why?" I ask, concerned.
"Its okay," she giggles, resting her hand on my forearm. "I have to check that kind of stuff. Just routine," she winks. "Now follow my finger with your eyes." I do asks she asks."Good. You seem to be progressing well."
"How long have I been here?"
"Four days. Whenever I come in you're always passed out. It's nice to see you awake."
"It's nice to be awake," I say. "Hey....this is going to sound a little strange, but have we met before? Your voice and your eyes are really familiar."
"Technically, no," she says, smiling and looking into my eyes. I know I know her...I just know it. Her eyes are so familiar.
"What do you mean 'technically'?"
"Well...I was kinda there when you got knocked out."
"That was you?" I exclaim. I knew it! I knew that was her. Something in the pit of my stomach gave it away when I saw her smile at me. She nods and blushes.
"Yeah...the EMTs got called away so I volunteered to help. I was in the front row."
"I remember you."
"You do?" she asks. I nod and bite my lower lip, smiling at her.

-Diana's POV-

I almost crumble right there. He always drives me insane when he bites his lower lip. He has no idea what he's doing to me. I want to grab his face and kiss him right now, but I know I can't.
"Yeah. I remember your voice. I remember your eyes. I remember," he says softly, smiling at me.
"Hey guys," says Pete, walking in. Thank God he's here...I was about to do something stupid.
"Hi Pete," I say.
"Oh, Trick, you're up! You finally get to meet Diana!"
"We've met before. She's the girl from the show. You know, the one who helped me"
"Oh?" he asks, smiling at me, "Ohhhh."
"Ohhhh what?" I giggle.
"Nothing," Patrick says really fast. "Its nothing."
"No, what?" I ask, putting my hand on my hip.
"Really, its nothing," insists Pete. It's just now I remember you. Thanks for helping us that night."
"It was no problem," I say, smiling over at Patrick. "Well I have to go check on my other patients. You boys behave, okay?" They both giggle and nod to me before I walk out.

-Patrick's POV-

"You ass!" I say, hitting Pete on the arm.
"Whoa, buddy. Don't exert yourself," he giggles. "You need to stay stationary."
"You..." I growl.
"What? I didn't say anything!" he says defensively. "Plus, there isn't anything to say." I just look at him sternly. "Well, I COULD have said that you want to marry her and take her away to your castle on the beach, Prince Eric."
"I hate you so much right now," I say through my teeth.
"I'm joking. I'm an asshole, but I'm not THAT big of an asshole. She's really cute though, right?"
"She's beautiful. Her eyes," I say, gazing at the wall.
"Okay, loverboy," Pete laughs, patting my head. "I brought you your hats. I thought you might not want Nurse Diana to see your bald patch."
"I'm sure she already knows about it, but thank you," I say, grabbing my favorite hat and putting it on my head. That's sooo much better.
"Lookin' sharp, my man," giggles Pete. "So, are you going to ask her out?"
"What? No!" I say, semi-convincingly.
"Why not? You love her, right?"
"No...I mean. What? No. I don't know."
"You fucking do!" Pete laughs. "Love at first sight. I knew it!"
"I don't believe in love at first sight. You know that."
"Just because you don't believe in it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist," Pete says assuredly.
"Thank you, Peter Pan," I scoff.
"So ask her out. Seriously."
"I can't. She's my nurse...it isn't kosher."
"Fuck kosher, that's for Jews like Joe. Go with your gut."
"No. I mean she probably doesn't even like me. She probably wants to get in YOUR pants." It always seems to go that way.
"I don't think so, not the way she looks at you. She likes you - I can tell."
"Really?" I say with hope in my voice.
"Most def. Most def. Want me to talk to her though?"
"NO!" I yell.
"Quiet, Patrick, or they'll think I'm raping you in here or something," Pete says.
"Seriously, don't let her know."
"Okay, I promise." Pete and I hang out for a bit longer and then I start to get tired again, so Pete decides to go and let me rest.

-Diana's POV-

I walk towards Patrick's room to check on him again and run directly into Pete.
"Ouch!" I say after we bump heads.
"Yeah," he giggles, rubbing his forehead. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah. I'm sorry, I didn't see you there."
"It's okay," Pete smiles. "So, give it to me straight, Doc. How's Patticakes?" I can't help but laugh.
"I'm not a doctor," I giggle, "but I'd say he's going to be fine. I mean his head wound is looking really good."
"Good. Can't have that beautiful head all messed up."
"He wears hats all the time anyway," I giggle.
"Yeah, he does. You must be a pretty big fan of his, eh?" Pete asks, smiling widely.
"Yeah. I love your band."
"But Patrick is your favorite, right?"
"What? Favorite?" I giggle nervously. "Why do I have to have a favorite."
"You're reaction is exactly the same one he gave me when I asked him if he liked you," Pete laughs.
"What?"
"Oh shit...I shouldn't have said anything," he says, feigning regret.
"He likes me? What are you talking about? Did my superiors put you up to this?"
"No! What? No! It's just," he says, pulling me away from the door and sitting me down on a bench in the hall, "he remembers you. He remembers you helping him."
"I know. He told me he remembered me."
"No...that isn't all though. Before he knew who you were, he went on and on whenever he was awake about this beautiful girl who helped him. And then he went on and on about a beautiful voice. He was talking about you." I can feel my cheeks turn red. My whole body feels red, actually - red and warm.
"I don't know what to say..."

I really don't know what to say.

Sign up to rate and review this story