Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Patrick's Nightingale

The Talk and the Walk

by Dancemandydance 3 reviews

Patrick and Diana get closer...yeah.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-12 - Updated: 2007-04-13 - 1557 words

1Exciting
-Diana's POV-

"I just don't know what to say," I reply to Pete's comments about Patrick.
"You don't have to say anything," he smiles.
"Pete...seriously who put you up to this?"
"Nobody. I was just curious."
"Alright," I say, unsurely. "Well, I have to do my rounds. I'll talk to you later, Pete."
"See you later, Diana."

-Patrick's POV-

Why is Pete coming back into my room? I'm fucking tired and I want to sleep. He has a shit-eating grin on his face. Oh God...what did he do?
"What did you do?" I demand.
"What?" Pete asks.
"Your face...what did you do?"
"Nothing..." he smiles.
"What are you doing back here, anyway?"
"I forgot something," he giggles sheepishly. I know he's lying, so I give him the look I always give him when I know he's lying. "Okay, I had a conversation with Diana. Okay? Happy?"
"About what?" I exclaim, sitting straight up in bed.
"You..." he smiles.
"What did you say? What the hell did you do?"
"I think she likes you, pally," he laughs.
"Bullshit. Dude, go home. I don't need to messing stuff up. She's a really good nurse."
"Okayyyy, I'm going. But really, I think she,"
"Out," I demand.
"Feisty! Rawr," Pete giggles. "Okay. Bye, Patticakes." I just wave and he leaves the room.
So many things are going through my mind right now: Is he telling the truth? Why did he do it? What must Diana be thinking?

-Diana's POV-

So many things are going through my mind right now: Is he telling the truth? Why did he do it? What must Patrick be thinking? I really don't want to go back into his room, but I know I have to AND I have to act like nothing happened. I walk in, but I can't help but blush.
"Hey, Patrick. Getting sleepy?" I ask as I look at his vitals.
"Yeah," he says, looking at me with concern. "Hey....look, Pete told me about your conversation."
"What? What conversation?" I ask, playing dumb.
"He told me he told you I liked you. But look, you don't have to worry. He blows things out of proportion. And I did say I thought you were beautiful, but I was in a daze."
"Oh," I frown.
"No, no, no! It's not that I don't think you're beautiful! You're attractive. It's just that this situation we're in here - it's professional. And you're a fan and I don't date fans and it's just...."
"You don't have to say anything," I smile. "I don't like you, either. I mean, I don't even know you. I respect you as a patient and an artist though. Let's just leave it at that."
"Let's," he smiles.
"Well, I'm off for the night. I'll be back to check on you in the morning. Sleep sweet."
"You too," he smiles. I walk out and can't help but frown. I know all of the things he said were true, but it still hurts. I was stupid to think he would actually like me. Stupid Diana. Well, at least now things won't be awkward between us.

-Patrick's POV-

What the hell? I'm such an idiot. Why did I do that? My nerves ALWAYS get the best of me and ruin relationships before they even start. Now there is no way I will see her again after next week. Fuck, Patrick, really good job. Well, at least it won't be awkward between us now.
The next morning, Diana comes in singing a song. I don't know it - but its pretty. All of the feelings I had come rushing back. Damn her and her face and her voice.
"You seem to be happy today," I smile.
"I am!"
"Me, too. I got a sponge bath this morning," I wink.
"OoOoOoO who gave it to you?"
"This old lady. It was...awkward," I giggle.
"Well, you get to get up today," she smiles. "We're going to go for a little bit of a walk."
"I get to get up? Thank God. I feel like I'm wasting away over here."
"You have lost a lot of weight," she smiles. "You look good, though."
"Thanks."
"Now, let's get up and walk, pretty boy," she winks. She takes my hand and I get up, a little tipsy at first, but soon I get my footing and I'm good to go.
"Good to go?" she smiles.
"Yup, and I'm going nowhere fast," I sing.
"Ha ha...you're hilarious."
"I know, right?" I giggle as we walk down the hall. She has my hand the entire time, just because I'm still unsure of myself. Oh shit...there's Pete.
"Hi, Pete," I wave unenthusiastically.
"Hello, lovebirds. Look at what I did? I'm a matchmaker!" Pete laughs, clapping his hands.
"No, it's not like that," Diana and I say in unison. She looks at me and laughs.
"I have to hold his hand - its procedure. You did nothing. We're friends, Pete. Just friends," Diana smiles.
"Ah, damn," Pete laughs. "Cuz you guys would be really adorable together." I can't help but blush, and I think Diana's blushing, too, but we just laugh it off.


It's now a couple of days later. Diana and I are getting closer, but only on a friend level. I want to grab her and kiss her and tell her that I want her, but I can't bring myself to do it. Plus, what if we get caught? I don't want to endanger her job. We flirt, but it's completely innocent and fun.
Today, Pete decided to visit, but almost as soon as he gets here he goes down to get some lunch at the cafeteria. After he gets back from lunch, he goes bizurk talking to me about this cute English girl he met in the cafeteria.
"Apparently, her friend Diana works here. Diana? I mean how many Diana's can there be in the hospital? Where is she? I have to ask her about Lizzi."
"Lizzi is the girl you met?"
"Yeah, she's...entrancing. Her accent, her eyes, rawr!"
"Pete, you are a horny bastard."
"No...I really think I could like her," Pete says sincerely. "We sat and talked for an hour."
"I was wondering why you were gone so long."
"Yeah," he blushes.
"Here comes Diana," I say, seeing her walk in.
"Diana! Hi!" Pete jumps.
"Hi, Pete," she giggles. "Wazzup, kid?"
"I met your friend Lizzi. She's amazing. I ate lunch with her."
"Really? She has a huge crush on you, Pete. You know that?"
"Really?" he asks like a little boy.
"Really, really."
"Good. How long is she going to be here in the states?"
"Um...four years at least. She's here for school."
"Ah," he smiles, "good."
"If you break her heart, Wentz, I will shoot you in the dick. Okay?" she says, pointing my finger at him.
"Hahahahaa, nice," I laugh. "Way to tell him, Diana."
"I'm serious. She's my best friend and I love her."
"I won't hurt her. I promise," he smiles sincerely.
"I don't know why, but I believe you."
"Me, too," laughs Patrick, "and that's not a common occurrence when it comes to Pete and girls." Just then I hear a knock on the door.
"Hey Diana," a British accent says. That must be Lizzi.
"Hey Lizzi! We were just talking about you," Diana smiles.
"Lizzi, hi!" says Pete. "Have you met Patrick? Come in here?" She comes in and gives me a little wave.
"Hi," I say, giving her a little wave back.
"So I'm sorry you weren't able to meet me down at lunch, Diana, but my interview went pretty well. I think I might get the job."
"What job?" I ask.
"Oh, I just had an interview for an office assistant here."
"Oh, that's exciting. I'm glad it went well," smiles Pete.
"It went very, well," she says sweetly.
"Hey, do you want to um...go get some coffee with me or something?" Pete asks her.
"Yeah, I'd love to. These kids need to work and get their rest, anyway." And quicker than a flash, they're out the door.
"Well, that was interesting," I laugh.
"Yeah, they're cute together though."
"Pete's pretty smitten it seems." Diana nods and smiles at me, leaning over me to check something. Her face is right over mine. Her lips look so full and soft - it's driving me crazy. The last couple of days whenever she leans over me, I want to reach up and pull her down to kiss me. I have to do it. I have to. I lean up and give her a peck on the lips. She jumps backs.
"God, I'm sorry," I say, ashamed. "I don't know what that was."
"Neither do I," she says, putting her hand to her lips. "Patrick...do you like me or something?"
"I....might. Yeah....pretty sure I do."
"I thought you didn't fall for fans."
"I know. I try not to, but you don't treat me like "Patrick Stump". You treat me like Patrick. And...I'm really sorry."
"It's okay," she smiles, grabbing my hand. She leans in and whispers in my ear, "I like you, too, but we can't do this here." I blush and nod, squeezing her hand tight. Just her breath against my skin got me a little excited. Something really good is happening...
Sign up to rate and review this story