Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > At Least He Makes Me Forget...

Chapter 16

by Gangsta_Girl 14 reviews

"So?! Weddings are nothing but planning! And my own mother doesn't want anything to do with me!"

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-04-11 - Updated: 2007-04-11 - 3090 words

2Exciting
From the window for as far as you could see was nothing but sand and the occasional desert vegetation as we drove down the empty road. It was like were the only vehicle for miles around.

I let out a sigh and pressed my temple against the glass. I could see my breath fog up the window as I breathed. I pressed my finger against it, drawing some random scribble. My finger tip slipped as I felt the car veer to the right. After getting off the road Brendon shut off the engine and head lights.

"What are you doing?"

"Stopping." He took the keys out of the ignition. "What does it look like?"

"Brendon," I started.

"No. Don't." He opened the driver's side door and stepped out.

I watched him take a deep breath of the cool air and jump onto the hood of his car.

"I guess that's my signal to go out there," I said out loud.

I opened the door and trudged across the fine grain dirt and hopped up next to Brendon. "So, are you going to tell me why we stopped?" I asked after I leaned my head against his shoulder.

His eyes surveyed the horizon before us, basked in the dark glow of the night. "You're not ready. I know that."

I lifted my head off his shoulder. "Then why would I have said that I wanted to get married earlier?"

"You were pissed at your mom and wanted to prove her wrong... you don't want to get married right now. You were just caught up in the heat of the moment."

I looked at him blankly as I let his words register through my skull. "I- I guess you're right." I smoothed out the wrinkles on my shirt. "But I do want to marry you. More than anything."

He wrapped his arm around me, hugging me close. "I know... Maybe it's partly my fault, what happened tonight. I shouldn't have just popped the question so quickly." He let out a small chuckle. "I just didn't want to take the chance of losing you again."

"Don't blame yourself. My mother's opinion had nothing to do with you."

"Nothing to do with me? Are you kidding? It had all to do with me! I'm not good enough for you."

"Brendon, you don't really believe that do you?"

"We're nothing alike, Raquel." He snapped. "We come from two different worlds."

"Don't say that. You know that's not true."

He released a sorrowful sigh. "...I'm sorry. I guess what your mother said really got to me. I know it shouldn't, but it did."

"You have to understand, baby. Even if you were the so-called "perfect" man, my mother still wouldn't have approved. She's a very stubborn woman."

"So, that's were you get it." A small smile found its way on his face.

I returned his affectionate gesture. "Yeah."

"Oh! I almost forgot!" He drove his hand into his constricted jean pockets, rummaging around mercilessly. "...This!" He brought out his hand, a circular object positioned between his index finger and thumb.

"Is that-" I began, but am cut off by my own ecstatic glee.

"I meant to give it to you earlier," he said as he slid the simple golden ring across my finger, "but I think now is good."

I extended my hand in front of me, admiring the jewelry strung past my knuckle. "Bren, it's gorgeous!"

"Just like you." He breathed.

"Thank you. I love it." I kissed him passionately, softly. "I love you."

He pressed me closer to him. "I love you too."

--- --- ---

I hung up the cordless phone and leaned against the opaque wall.

"Not home?" He asked from the opened hallway linen closet, placing fresh folded towels on the shelves.

"She's home." I let a deep sigh. "She's just not answering the phone."

He picked up another stack of small towels. "Why don't you leave a message?"

"She'll just delete it. She avoids me anyway, so why would she take time to listen to me on her answering machine?"

"Then why'd you call, Rocky?"

"I- I just- Maybe I was hoping that she'd pick up the phone and yell at me or something. I haven't talked to her in over a month. I just want to hear her voice and tell her I'm okay."

He walked over to me, the periwinkle plastic basket in his hands. "It's alright. Don't worry."

"It's hard to Bren... especially since we're getting married in a couple of weeks!"

He dropped the laundry basket at his feet and hopped over. "I know! I'm so fucking happy!" He picked me up by my waist and spun me around frantically.

"Me too," I said as my feet touched the floor again. "I'm so nervous though. I haven't even started planning or anything!"

"So?"

"So?! Weddings are nothing but planning! And my own mother doesn't want anything to do with me!"

"How about the guys? I'm sure they'd help you."

"Brendon, you're not serious are you?"

"Why not? They love you, so why wouldn't they help?"

"I don't know. I thought they'd be busy helping you."

"Nah. The groom's best friends basically just help throw him a bachelor party and they are already going to do that -Holy shit!- TONIGHT! Jesus! I so forgot all about it!" He studied my face. "I'm sorry. I meant to tell you."

"It's okay." I heard a knocking at the door. "I'm sure it'll be fine." I opened the door to three grinning faces. "Hello boys," I sang.

"Hey Raquel!" Jon peeped.

All three boys crushed me in a hug before crowding around Brendon.

"Dude, you ready yet?" Ryan asked cordially, adjusting the tie around his neck.

"Uh...no. Does it look like it?"

"No. Not really." Spencer spoke truthfully, picking off a miniscule piece of lint from his jacketed shoulder.

"You did get my message right?" Jon surveyed. "I told you to get dressed up."

"Where are you guys taking my Brenny bear, huh?" I pouted, wrapping my arms around Brendon's waist.

"Two words," Spencer announced as he stuck two fingers up sequentially. "Gentleman's club."

"Don't worry. We'll take good care of him."

"That's reassuring, Ryan." I laugh softly.

"Okay, well, let me get dressed and I'll be right out. Don't freak my fiancé out any more than you already have."

"Hey, it's not our fault if she doesn't trust your ass!" Ryan's voice called out to him as he darted into the bedroom.

Jon, Ryan, and Spencer walked over to the living room and accustomed themselves on the long couch. They slouched on the sofa cushions lethargically. They reminded me of the rat pack with their dapper appearances. They all were uniform in their attire, but differentiated with their own styles.

Ryan was the only one without a jacket. His tie was slack around his neck and the few buttons on the top of his collared shirt were opened, making the statement that he hadn't a care in the world. Jon had the entire get up perfectly, except for the fact that he decided to leave his tie untied, which complemented his laid-back personality. Spencer was prim and proper, even as he left his jacket unbuttoned. They all looked like they were ready to go onto the set of an old 30s gangster movie.

I sat down on the love seat adjacent to them. "So...how's everything been going?"

Jon rubbed at his grizzly chin. "Pretty good actually. The tour's over, so I had loads of free-time. It's great. I'm just staying with Spencer for the next few weeks until the wedding. I wouldn't want to miss it for the world." He dramatically swiped at an invisible tear on his cheek bone. "Our Bren's growin' up." He said nostalgically.

Spencer elbowed him in the side. "Anyways...I haven't done much lately. Just helping my mom out when I can. She's at work all day, so I try to keep the house neat and keep my sisters out of trouble when they come home from school." He whirled around his index finger. "Woo. Big fun." He said sarcastically.

Ryan nodded. "Yeah, not much here either."

"That's it? C'mon Ry. I know that's not just it." I prodded.

"Hell if it's not! He's written a little bit." Jon instigated.

Ryan nodded again. "I did. Nothing too fancy, but I like where I'm taking it this time around. It's going to be like a children's book for adults, if that makes any sense."

"And him and Chelsea are getting pretty hot and heavy, if I may say so myself." Jon smirked. Ryan's face turned a scarlet shade of red as he turned his face away in embarrassment.

"Is that true?" I smiled.

"Y-yeah. She lives around here, ya know. So, me and her have spent a lot of time together-"

"Fucking like bunny rabbits," Spencer interrupted.

"SPENCE!" Ryan shouted, slapping him in the back of the neck.

At that moment Brendon stepped in. I was breathless.

He had on dark crisp slacks, a white collared shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, a black dress vest with a cleverly positioned pocket watch, and a gorgeous fedora hat perched atop his head.

"You look...wow. Just wow."

He spun on his heels, showcasing his outfit. "I know."

I shook my head and smiled before ambling over and kissing him tenderly on the mouth. I giggled slightly at the facial hair around his lips. He had wanted to try out the scruffy look and I have to admit, it looked good on him. "Have fun."

"Thanks, baby. I hope so." He looked over to Jon, Spencer, and Ryan. "You guys ready?"

Spencer nodded, rubbing the back of his reddened neck. "Yeah, let's go."

They all got up, filing out of the door as I held it open for them. Brendon was last out of the door.

I wrapped my hand around his wrist. "Wait." I kissed him deeply, moaning softly at the back of my throat as he whirled his tongue inside my mouth. I panted softly after we broke apart as his hand gripped the curve of my ass. "You might want to keep that hat on when you come home." I said suggestively before winking at him.

He slid his finger along the brim. "Oh, that'll be no problem doll. No problem at all." He pecked me softly on the lips and departed down the steps. "I'll see you later!" He yelled, his voice echoing up to my ears, as he caught up with the rest of the rat pack.

--- --- ---

The clock struck twelve as I snuggled up in my skimpy blanket on the couch, watching Interview with a Vampire.

The door swung open, hitting the wall violently. I turned around just as Brendon stormed through, slamming the door back onto its frame. He walked briskly to the room without a word.

"Okay, that was weird." I said out loud as I left my warm spot on the sofa cushion to go see what was wrong.

I found Brendon sitting on the edge of the bed, tossing his shoes and socks off. He flung the hat off his head, ripped off the vest and collapsed backwards on the bed.

"What's the matter?" I asked, crawling beside him. "I didn't expect you until later."

"Well, in short the bachelor party sucked ass."

"I'm sorry. So, what happened?"

He let out a breath as he placed his hands on his abdomen. "Well, this high-profile gentleman's club was basically a whore house. It wasn't at all what I expected. I don't think the guys' expected it to be that way either, but we decided to stay and tough it out and have fun anyway. So, word got out that Panic! At The Disco was having a bachelor party." He shifted slightly on the comforter. "We got upgraded to this second-rate VIP room. It wasn't any fun at all. Basically it was one of those things were you have all these pre-conceptions and every one of them is shot to hell. It was fucking lame. I was ready to come home hours ago."

"I'm sorry. I'm sure the guys'll make it up to you."

"Fuck that," he chuckled. "They're not throwing me another one. I wouldn't be caught dead in this place." He smiled, proud of himself for slipping in a song lyric.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed lightly. Brendon grasped my hips as I attempted to walk away. He threw me onto the bed, straddling my thighs. "Isn't this exactly where you like me?" He purred rubbing his bristly cheek against my own.

I flipped him over aggressively. His eyes widened out of surprise "You're exactly where I'd like you." I kissed him delicately, lingering against the sweetness of his full lips. "But..."

"But?"

"Well, I think that maybe we shouldn't have sex."

He laughed out right. "Very funny."

"I'm serious."

"So am I. Chauncey needs attention." He attempted to press me down on top of him, but I resisted.

"No, Brendon. Don't you want it to be special on our wedding night?"

"It will be. I know it, and right now will be too." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"But I think if we wait, it'll be that much better. It's only a few weeks."

He let out a grunt. "You're killin' me. You know that right?"

"I know." I smiled. "It'll be hard on me too, but I know it'll be worth it."

"Fine, but it won't be my fault if you cave into," he ran a hand down his body, "all of this."

"Who says you won't be the first to break? When have you ever not wanted sex?"

He contemplated for a moment. "How about that time, when you were sick, huh?"

"Brendon! You liar! You were still tryin' to cop a feel!"

"Not the same thing."

"Whatever," I laughed. "So, it is now..." I look over to the bedside clock. "12:42."

"We can start the whole non-sex thing tomorrow. We have like 18 minutes. We can-."

"-Brendon!"

"What?!"

--- --- ---

"Jon, I don't know. This is a little awkward."

He shook his head, smiling. "So? You wanted help and help is what you got." He pointed to his tight blue shirted chest. I'm here to make your decision easier." He pulled a hanger off the rack. "Your dress is critical." He paused for a moment, making a face at the dress he pulled out and slung it back on the rack. "At least that's what I've heard. I'm not a girl."

"Yes, I do realize that, Jon. I don't have any sisters, so you're the closest I could get."

"How come you didn't ask Ryan?" Jon asked curiously, placing his hands on his hips. "He's girlier than all of us."

I laughed. "He's with Chelsea, so I thought I'd just have the two of them assist me with something else that involves both a male and female perspective."

"Oh, okay." He shrugged before turning back to the line of white dresses. "You know, technically, you shouldn't be wearing white since you and Brendon have already fuck-"

"Jon! We're in a bridal shop! Do you think you could say that any louder?!" I whispered menacingly.

"YOU'VE ALREADY FUCKED!" He shouted before lowering his voice back down to a whisper. "So, maybe we'll go with an off-white, what do you think?"

I place a hand to my head. Practically everyone in the store turned to look in our direction. Jon didn't even bat an eyelash at the attention. I let out a groan. "Fine. Sure. Whatever. Just gimme a damn dress to try on."

"How about...this one?" He picks a dress off the stand and hands it to me.

Approximately thirteen dresses later, still nothing. I come out of the dressing room. Jon is sitting, observing.

"No. Don't like it."

"Jon." I adjust the falling strap on the dress. "That's what you said the last couple of times."

"Well, I don't." He licked his dry lips and crossed his leg over his thigh, shaking his foot. His flip flop looked as if it were about to wiggle off his toes as his eyes surveyed the small store. "I got it!" He jumped up to his feet pointing to one of the mannequins. "That one!"

"Okay, fine. I'll try it."

Jon ran over to one of the clerks and got the dress. Shoving it into my arms, he pushed me back into the dressing room. "Hurry! Put it on!"

"Jon!" I called from behind the door. "I don't know about this."

"So? Let me see it. Get your ass out here, girl!"

I took a deep breath, unlocked the door, and stepped out, ambling towards Jon.

"Holy shit."

"That bad?" I asked meakly, looking down at the intricate lace on the gown.

"No, that's good. Very good." His eyes scanned my form. "I think we got a winner here."

"Are you serious?"

"Hell yeah. You look hot. Brendon won't waste any time getting you out of it." Jon winked.

"Jon, please." I shook my head. "Don't mention stuff like that."

"Why?"

"Well, I told Brendon I wanted to wait until after the wedding. He's fucking killing me! He purposely walked around the house this morning in the tiniest towel he could find, sang Usher's Nice and Slow and wore his glasses today.

"His glasses?" Jon scoffed.

"You just don't know, Jon. His glasses turn me on. There's just something about the way he looks in them I guess... anyways, I'm having trouble containing myself around him, so that's why I'm trying to give my full attention to the wedding."

"Ah, I see. Well, don't worry. I figured something was up between you two. Brendon's been hyper as hell. He doesn't have any other way to expel all his energy and," he lets out a laugh, "sexual frustration, so he's been acting a little crazy. I think he's probably groped Ryan like sixteen different times today."

I gave Jon a hug. "Thanks Jon. You really were a big help today."

"No problem. Now, go get changed, so I can take you to Spencer."

I nodded, turning back into the dressing room.

A/N: Thanks to FallOutGrl for the Jon idea. Love ya! And lots of love to each and every single person that reads this story! You guys are the ONLY reason I keep udating! gives big hug I seriously don't know what I'd do without your awesome reviews! You guys (and Brendon Urie) rock my world. Haha.
Sign up to rate and review this story