Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Just know that I will remember you

Chapter one

by MyChemPrincess77 2 reviews

I cant think of a good summary for this one...it will give too much away!!But if you like my first one, If You Think That I'm wrong, This Never Meant Anything To You, then you will most likey like ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Published: 2007-04-11 - Updated: 2007-04-11 - 1052 words

0Unrated
Just know that I will remember you
If living was the hardest part,
We'll then one day be together
and in the end we'll fall apart
Just like the leaves change in colors
and then I will be with you
I will be there one last time now


I walked through the doors, leading me into Barnes and Nobel. The heat form the early summer day in September gusted behind me as the cool air filled the gap. Pulling on the heavy doors, I could already smell the sweet chocolate from the café. I walked over to the Romance section, where Gerard was.

Gerard and I have been best friends since we were kids, spending every afternoon day in the forest, with a little fire in front of us. We would stare into it for hours, sometimes his younger brother Mikey joining us. But as we got older, he became more interested in studying after school, but Gerard was the opposite. He has been absent for a couple of days now, just showing up in time for me to be leaving my locker at the end of the school day to walk to the woods with me.
I always swooned over him; I love his black hair, merging with his Italian skin, always in his round face, covering his hazel eyes that I always lose myself in. His smile is the smile of an angel, every photo of him looking so good. Every girl trailed after him, trying to get his attention and be his best friend. I have gotten so many dirty looks from jealous girls walking past us as I hold his hand. Once, in 9th grade some giggly girl came up to him and said, "Can you sign my tongue with yours?"
He stood there, with no intention of doing that, and said, "No, because I am taken. By Helena." This made my stomach trickle with excitement, because I never thought of us as a couple before. The girl gave me the dirtiest look I have ever gotten before, pouted, and turned away. Then Gerard turned around, and kissed me right there, in the middle of the foyer, with everything in reality just zapping away. But shortly it ended, like everything else in this world. The reality slowly came back, the people now staring, pointing and assuming we were now a couple. I assumed that too. But I never forgot that day; it left me feeling like I was in a dream for weeks.
I wished for more, but he just winked at me; his hazel eyes shinning brightly, and walked away. Past all the people mocking him, even Mikey quickly shutting his book and running up to him to ask him what that was all about.
The taste of him made me addicted. Obsessed. It's like you don't want to let go, let go of him or the memories. You want him to always be with you. You want pictures of him all over you room, so you never forget how he looks. Because sometimes memories can be foggy, unclear and confusing. But you want this one to be special, never forgotten. Everything seemed clearer that day, like it made sense. He asked me to go to the woods that day because he liked me, even though that was in 5th grade.
Gerard was putting books on the shelf, Mikey standing next to him, looking at something called The Three Tales of Chemical Romance by Irvine Welsh. There was a whole pile of Irvine Welsh books next to him.
"Hey," Gerard greeted. Mikey looked up for a second, smiled and went back to reading. "You know, Gerard, if we ever start a band of our own, we should call it My Chemical Romance or something. That would be really cool." Mikey suggested his eyes still on the book.
Gerard rolled his eyes at his younger brother. "Mikey, we are in a band already. And we can't change the band name now, because it's too late for that." He said reasonably, case closed. Gerard and Mikey are in a band called Pencey Prep. Gerard is a backup singer and Mikey is bass player. I have seen them play a couple of times, usually in Matt Pesslier, the drummer's attic.
Just then a blonde girl, maybe a couple years younger than us, walked up to Gerard. I looked at her outfit, a pink Hollister shirt with ripped jeans and pink fishnet Etnies. She was chewing gum and had a Louis Vutton purse. Typical. She saw me give her an once-over, and gave me a dirty look in return. Then her eyes immediately went back to Gerard. Again, more with the evil looks.
"Um, hi. Do you, like, know where the Lauren Myracle books are?" she asked shyly to Gerard.
"Sure," he replied and led the way down the rest of the isle and to the left. He looked at me quick, enough for me to see he was rolling his eyes. I giggled, maybe a little too loud because Mikey looked around, as if I had just pulled him out of his Chemical Romance world. "What?" he asked me, looking around.
"Where did Gerard go?"
"To help some ditzy girl, who was asking where the Lauren Myracle books are." I replied, picking at my nails.
Mikey nodded his head, and went back to reading.
Shortly after, Gerard came back, holding his phone. He never uses his phone; most of the times he even forgets he has one.
"Hey, my shift is over. I got to go, so I'll see you later, okay?" he told me, kissing my forehead. Before I got to reply, he was gone again, leaving me and Mikey standing there in the silence. "Well, on that note, I guess I should go too." I said. Actually I had nothing to do, and I didn't want to spend the rest of the afternoon standing there in Barnes and Nobel. Mikey nodded, taking out his iPod putting the book down for just a second, untangling the wires. "Bye, Mikey," I said shyly and started to walk.
I took light steps; until I opened the doors letting the late summer heat swoosh around me. I tied my hair back, grabbed my keys from my purse and stepped in my car.
Sign up to rate and review this story