Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > a crowd of one is lost then won

your just the girl all the boys wanna dance with,

by guitargirl171 3 reviews

sally has woken up to hear some of the worst words you could ever hear. PLEASE POST A REVIEW!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-04-11 - Updated: 2007-04-12 - 778 words

1Original
i woke up to the smell of medicine and bandages. my head feeling like it was suspended between death and a hangover. i opened my eyes to realize i was laying down in a hospital bed. i tried to move, but a sharp pain in my side told me otherwise. i made my best effort to sit up and then looked at myself. i had a cast on my right wrist and a couple wraps around my knees and thighs. there was also a wrap around my forehead.

i looked across the room to see my mother asleep in a chair looking very exhausted, even in her sleep. i tried to remember anything about how i came to be here. then it all came back to me, like a flashback in one of those weird movies.
i remembered the headlights, behind a toothy smile,and falling wrist first to the ground. and the scream. that awefull scream that would haunt me forever till the day that i died. the scream that indicated death, terror, and no chance for goodbyes. the scream that came after my life was spared and pete's was taken. i started to wail until my mother woke up.
she came to my bedside.
"oh honey! your awake!" she said. was she retarded? im bound to get knocked out. then i glanced at the clock. 1:47 PM SUNDAY. oh my god, i had been out for 4 days!

"m-m-mom?" i said, lip quivering, tears welling up in my bruised eyes. she put her hand over her mouth and started stroking my hair. i didnt know how to react. i felt like i had just killed pete wentz. i started to weep silently, lettting tears fall on the white blankets i was wrapped in.

"where is he?" i asked.
"down the hall. do you want to see him? hes in a coma" she asked. i nodded. she went to fetch a nurse for a wheel chair.

i looked around the room to see a couple teddy bears and a card from the wentz family. a balloon and a little giraffe from heather, and a elephant from patrick stump. i would have been incredibly excited about recieving that, if it wasnt for the situation.
my mother returned with a nurse behind her pushing a wheel chair. she helped me into it and pushed me out the door down the hall. to room 212. and the sight i saw, made me want to just die right then and there.

Pete was lying motionless on a bed with a heartrate monitor close by. there was a bandage on his head like my own, soaked with blood. there was a horrible cut on his face from his eyebrow to cheek. his legs were in cast to try and reconnect tendons i was guesssing. although he looked horrible, his face seemed...peacefull. like he was in a good dream. i was glad he was alive though, it gave me hope.

"may i have some time alone?" i asked. the nurse nodded and ushered my crying mother out the door.

i looked around the room. it was filled with stuffed animals and pictures, and cards, and banners. tons of things. the heartbeat monitor was moving at a steady "beep...beep...beep". i wheeled myself over to his bed side. i let the tears fall as i took his hand. it was warm, which gave me more hope. i had read somewhere, that when people are in a coma, then they have a better chance at waking up when people talk to them. so i began to speak.

"hey", i started. i stroked his hand gently and looked at his bloody face. "im sorry about this. i feel like its my fault". this hurt, but i had to help. "but ya gotta wake up, cuz FOB needs their awesome bass player". i started to cry harder, rememberin all the times i told people he sucked at bass, and that i could do much better.
"and when you wake up, im gonna tell you a bunch of the most sarcastic jokes in the world. and we can go to that little coffee shop again". i was feeling dumb now. if he woke up, he'd probably want to stay as far away from me as possible. "and besides, the world needs you. you cant get away from writing the best lyrics ever that help millions of kiddies".
i decided i would stop now and come back later when i felt stronger. i took a few minutes to squeeze his hand and sing him "music or the misery" (my favorite FOB song) and then i left back to my room.
Sign up to rate and review this story