Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > a crowd of one is lost then won

and im just the boy whos had to many chances

by guitargirl171 2 reviews

just read it :,)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-04-12 - Updated: 2007-04-13 - 969 words

0Unrated
i was condemend to stay at the hospital until my head was better. apparently, i had a pretty bad cut and it had to be cleaned every 5 minutes.
the week got more cheerful as the days went on. i spent hours in Pete's room just talking on and on. i had a great feeling he would pull through.

i met Patrick, Andy,and Joe in that week too. they came by to visit pete everyday, and then came to my room to talk since i was so bored. it was very gracious of them considering i was a little 10th grader who barely came to their shoulders. i learned that the bassist filling in for now, was mikey way's fiance' (who also filled in for from first to last when their bassist broke his wrist). nice news. some times they would play for me and hand me the guitar and let me lightly strum in spite of my cast.
i would constantly ask the nurses for any new info on pete. on the following tuesday, they said he was showing some brain activity. excelent, cmon pete, wake up soon!

the weeks progressed and my head started to heal a little more. i couldnt go until it was completely healed. my mom came in everyday and brought me notebooks and stuff to do. i met petes mom and i couldnt hold in my tears. i knew i didnt do anything to kill her son, but i still felt responsible somehow. he had pushed me out of the way, bassicly sacrificing himself so i could live.

week4: nothing new had happened with pete, no matter how much i talked to him. i started to worry a lot.

week5: the hardest day of my life was on Monday. a nurse came in with a grave face. she stood by my bed and opened her mouth, but i already knew. i started to weep silently into my pillows. it had happened. the day i prayed would never come. the day pete wentz passed away. the world could mourn and could also start nasty rumors about me.
name: peter lewis kingston wentz the third
sex: M
DOB: 6-5-1979
death: 8-7-2007
hit and run
occupation: musician

i would never be able to forget this. most little girls looked at him like the new elvis. i was going to have it hard. at school, as the girl who killed pete wentz.

the day after petes death, Andy came to my room. he smiled weakly at me holding a box or oreos. my favorite. i smiled back and patted a chair next to my bed. he sat down. we were quiet for a while, until andy broke the silence.

"he was a great guy" he said looking at the wall with a distant expression.
"yeah, he was a unique soul" i spoke softly trying not to wail again. if i let one single tear drop, i would fall apart.
"i just wish i could have said goodbye and told him about how lucky i was to have him as a friend. it wouldnt feel so bad if i had done that" he said. i saw a tear on his cheek, he quickly wiped it away.
"i know. i didnt know him for long, but when we were together in that little coffee shop, i felt like i had known him forever. one of the most amazing people i think" i said putting my hand on his shoulder. he rubbed his head with his hands and looked back up at me.
"i feel even worse for patrick" he said. "they were in the middle of a fight about something. i dont know, but pete walked right out the door while patrick was screaming about something".

i nodded and tried to let my emotions show through my eyes, the sympathy.

"is fall out boy gonna end?" i asked.
"we dont know" he said.
"im not trying to be selfish, like try and say FOB must go on or i'll probably go insane, but i think pete would have wanted FOB to continue" i helped. andy nodded again.
"i know, but i think it would hurt everyone to much. think of how the new bassist would feel. think of how the fans would feel. what about his family?" he said letting a couple tears slide.
"well, it could be in memory of him"i said. what did i know? a stupid kid whos trying to help out a hollywood hit. "get somebody who was close with him. it would make it better that way".

andy looked at me with astonishment.
"yeah!" he said. "YOU! you play bass right?"
"what?" i squealed. no way was i doing that! i had never even been in a band, not to mention famous! was he insane?
"this was your idea, and you were there with the accident!" he said.
"well......." i started. i began to consider this. i loved music and the money could be used for college and things i needed. and i could have a bankfull of pete's memories, and i felt a little like it was my duty to carry on. andy didnt wait for my answer. he ran out the door. to tell patrick and joe about his idea. great.

later, my mom came to visit me. she brought me "release the bats", my ipod, all my Cds and a stereo, a new notebook, and some cheese its. i told her about my talk with andy and she thought the idea was ok. not great, but understood if it went that way.
i spent all night watching old FOB DVDs on the TV in my room. i cried my heart out in the first 5 minutes, and then laughed inbetween tears. i fell into a sleep that gave me nightmares worth waking from.
Sign up to rate and review this story