Categories > Original > Historical > Jade of the Wind

Fragments of the Past

by ice 0 reviews

In the dynasty of the early Qing, war is on the edge for a new beginning. Princess Qian understands that in order for her brother to ascend to the emperor's throne, the rebels must be crushed. As ...

Category: Historical - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2005-10-20 - Updated: 2005-10-20 - 387 words

0Unrated
He looked at me with such sad eyes. He looked at me with such cold heart. In his mind, there is no doubt; in his mind he will not let me live. Yet he hesitated. He hesitated as if he did care. He slowly raised his hand; I took a sharp breath in, the end. But as my eyes slid close, waiting, nothing came. There was no blow, no pain, nothing. Confused, I withdrew from the darkness, and opened my eyes once more to face him.
He lowered his hand to cup my face. His cold fingers traced my lips.
"W-what?" I gasped, utterly confused by his actions.
He answered in silence to my question and stared at me with intensity. Gently now, he lowered himself onto me. Softly now, he muffled my voice with his lips.
A simple kiss, lips against another, just a small sign of affection, just a moment of bliss; eternal warmth. I closed my eyes for the second time, but it was in acceptance not fear. Time...time was moving; it did not stop, but to me, to us perhaps, time was still. He did not move from his position. He pressed against me...upon the wall, lips still on mine. I wanted more, more than just a simple chaste kiss; more, I wanted more. I grasped his hands, and press myself toward him. That's when the spell ended.
He snapped his eyes open and pushed away. He looked at me with mild surprise.
"Please," I beckoned.
He pulled away.
I don't understand. I don't understand what he wants. My death? My silence? Me? He turned to walk.
"No! Don't!" I cried out. I grabbed his hand. "Don't."
He wretched from my grip. His eyes searched mine.
"Don't," I whispered. "Don't."
A smile...a small smile, he gave me a soft smile.
"Please," I muttered.
He kissed my forehead.
"Destiny," he spoke to me for the first time. "We are destined to meet again."
Taking me into his hands, he hissed into my ears, "I will be your death!"
I gasped.
He pulled away. "Goodbye, angel of mine," And then like the passing wind, he was gone.
I collapsed onto the ground.
"Angel of mine," I repeated to the empty room.
Destiny...destined to meet again, he and I, and my death.
Sign up to rate and review this story