Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Won't Hurt You II

Where to Start

by mcr_lover103 6 reviews

The sequel to "Love Won't Hurt You". After four years of being broken up, will Roxanne and Gerard ever meet again?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-04-13 - Updated: 2007-04-14 - 713 words - Complete

1Original
Chapter 1:

As Roxanne, now a high school senior, sat in Bio 12 during a surprisingly warm December day, her mind began to drift off. And it was one of those days where she could only remember bad memories. Roxanne thought of her new stepfather, Richard, who thought she was the spawn of Satan. Her mother had gotten married to Richard only after three months of dating. She thought of the upcoming prom, which she had been dreading. Roxanne had a hard time keeping a relationship. She was always scared they would break up too soon, so Roxanne had the tendency to break up with the poor guy sooner than most. While Richard said it was because of all the black, Roxanne knew who had messed her up. Gerard.

The bell rang and Roxanne got up from her seat and proceded to leave the stuffy classroom. She was soon joined by her best friend, Lenore.

"Hey Roxanne, what do we have next?" Lenore asked her as they stood, waiting for the crowd to pass.

"......Lit....", Roxanne replied absent-mindly. She pushed past a freshman who had wrongly chosen to go to his locker during peak traffic time.

"Oh Rox, don't dig yourself into a ditch again", Lenore said as they walked down the crowded halls.

Lenore was the only one who understood the effect the break-up had on Roxanne. This was why Roxanne trusted Lenore the most. She didn't mind reassuring her after every time sad thoughts flowed into her head. Lenore's words had convinced her not to do lots of things Roxanne would have regreted.

"You're right. Lit should be fun", Roxanne now said with a happier tone,"I think we're watching a movie based on the book we read - or were supposed to anyway"

Roxanne sat staring at the tv screen as the black and white movie was played. She worked to concentrate on it, but her thoughts slipped away. Roxanne remember the summer of the break-up. She had stayed with her aunt for the remainder of the summer. There she read the little articles announcing Roxanne's breakup. A girl's worst nightmare. Luckily, there were no snide remarks when school started. People never mentioned it, some gave words of condolences. And the people even acted like they cared. Roxanne had to admit she loved her school for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During the same time Gerard was at a night club halfway around the world. He sipped his drink while his thoughts spiraled in his head too. He rested his head on his arms and let the thoughts just flow. After the breakup, Gerard crumbled a bit. He didn't go out with Frank or anyone else. Frank, on the other hand, now had gone back with Jamia - after of course, both of them going to therapy. Frank had learned that his re-found love with Gerard had actually been his way to make up an excuse for the insecurities in his marriage during the major time it was rough.

"Hey Gee, are you there?" Mikey teased as he waved his hand in front of Gerard's face.

"What?" Gerard growled as he came back to reality. He hated being suddenly broken from his thoughts.

"Wanna go hang out with me and Alicia?" Mikey now asked. Mikey was insanely in love with his wife, Alicia.

"And be a third wheel, no thank you", Gerard now replied, "Why would you even ask?"

"Sorry for tryin to be nice. You were just sitting here all depressed"

"I'm not depressed but I will be if you keep saying I am"

"Suit yourself" Mikey now said as he walked away from Gerard and over to a watching Alicia.

Gerard took another sip from his drink. After the breakup he had thought of going to Roxanne's house and apologizing but he didn't have the courage to. He fingered the ring he had in his pocket. It was one of the lasts things to remember Roxanne by. Gerard let out a sigh and twirled the straw in his drink. He thought of those famous last words she had said to him. Did she ever think of him?

If only he knew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Hope you guys like it. I know its a little boring but I had to explain what happened to them after they broke up. Comment!)
Sign up to rate and review this story