Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > My Heart Can't Take This Hurt

Chapter 1

by Rybekka 1 review

A Ryan Ross fic. Happens in patd's younger years when they started the band

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-04-12 - Updated: 2007-04-12 - 1711 words

0Unrated
Notes:i'm from Iceland so my grammar isn't the best sometimes. I already have 13 chapters done so I'll post them too if this gets any reviews =D please review if you read =D

Ryan's POV.

The wind blew my bangs from my face as I ran down a hill on my skateboard. I quickly checked the time, 7:55. Shit. I was going to be late. School starts in five minutes. I made a quick left turn and finally the school was in my sight. I made my skateboard go faster until I made it to the school grounds. I picked up my skateboard before I ran up the stairs to the front of my school. Everybody was already inside and that made me run even faster.

Riiiiing.

The bell rang as I opened the door and ran down the hallway to math class. Kids were everywhere making their way into the classrooms and the halls were getting empty pretty quick.

I swung the door open to my classroom and met the stare of all students and my teacher Mrs. Green. I was going to get in trouble for this.

"Mister Ross. You're late, again." Mrs. Green spat at me. "This is the third time this month. I'm afraid that I can't give you more second chances. You have detention after school today." She finished and pushed me towards my seat.

Great. I wasn't my fault that I had been late. I had to help my dad to work. He had been drinking last night and was completely out of it this morning. I didn't think I'd even get him to wake up, but then he did but was still a little drunk. And then there was Claire. I needed to get her to school too. It's not like an 8 year old could take care of herself.

I was suddenly awakened from my thoughts when I felt someone pinch me. "Dude, why were you so late?" asked Brendon puzzled. I looked up at Mrs. Green before answering him. She was writing something on the board so I looked back at Brendon.

"I just overslept" I whispered back and gave him an assuring smile. He nodded at me and then looked up to the board and pretended to pay attention to what Mrs. Green was mumbling about.

Rest of the class went by slowly. It was a double so I had a break afterwards and I couldn't keep my mind of it. I opened my book and instead of writing down what I was supposed to , I started to scribble down lyrics.

Watch your mouth
Because your speech is slurred enough
That you just might swallow your tongue
I'm sure you'd want, want to give up the ghost
With just a little more poise than that


Or was it God who chokes
In these situations, running late?
No, no, he called in

I got so caught up in my poetry that i didn't notice when Mrs. Green shouted my name for the third time.

"Mister Ross!" I jumped in my seat and closed my book before anyone could see it. "Good. Since I've finally caught your attention will you please tell me the answer to this?" she spat at me and pointed at a math problem.

And I answered her like I had been paying attention this whole time. This was easy. That was one of the reasons I didn´t bother to pay attention in math. I was good at math. So good that I got easily bored with it. I was pretty smart but I didn't like people knowing it.

She looked at me with a surprised look on her face. "Yes, that's quite right Mr. Ross." Then she started to ask other students to solve the problems. I put my book in my backpack so no one could take it. I would die if someone saw what I had written. It felt better having it secured in my backpack.

I laid my hands on the table and my head over them. I was so tired. I had been awake for a long time trying to get Claire to go to sleep, she couldn´t stop crying. She always cried her eyes out when dad got drunk.

The sound of a ringing bell woke me up. I had slept the whole class. I couldn't believe I had gotten away with it. It didn´t matter anyway I still had detention.

I picked my backpack off the floor and walked out of class with Brendon beside me.

"Hey, where are the rest of the guys? I kinda have an idea." Brendon said smirking.

"You always have 'ideas', and not necessarily good ones" I joked while we walked to the cafeteria.

"Heyy, this is a good one! You'll see" he said and smiled. The cafeteria was full of kids. We spotted our two best friends sitting by a table in the middle of the cafeteria. We made our way over there picking up some food on the way.

"Hey!" Spencer and Jon waved at us when they noticed us approaching their table. I smiled back at them and sat down at the table.

"So, I've got this great idea," Brendon said excitedly. "I think we should start a band! I mean I just figured that I play the piano and guitar, Spencer you play the drums, Jon didn't you say you knew something on the bass? And Ryan, I know you are a great guitar player so I think we should do it."

I stared at Brendon, that was a pretty good idea. Why hadn't I thought of this before? Me and Spencer had been playing together for awhile some covers but never thought about forming a real band. That would be so cool! I was suddenly so excited.

"Heyy that IS a GREAT idea! What do you say guys?" I said to Jon and Spencer.

"I guess that could be fun" Spencer said and scratched his head.

"Yeah I would love to be a part of it but I'm not that good on bass" Jon said modestly and smiled shyly.

"Nonsense Jon you rock. So I guess this is decided then?" Brendon said smiling as big as ever.

"Yeah" I replied excitedly. "so I guess we could talk about this after school? How about your place Bren?"

"Yeah, that would be great so we'll meet at 4?"

Spencer and Jon nodded and I said, "Maybe I'll be a little late, since I've got detention and I have to check on Claire afterwards."

"That's fine, we'll just hang out." Brendon answered and patted my back. I looked up to him, he was still smiling happily. "Well I have to get to class, See ya guys after school!" he said and walked away.

*

Detention.

I hadn´t been in detention since the fourth grade when I brought my pet turtle to school and put it in my teachers drawer. I still giggled when I thought about her hysterical screams.

I sat down in the middle of the half empty class room. It was just me and a few guys who were known as the school bullies. I opened my backpack and picked up my history book. I was going to do homework, I hadn't had time for homework since I don't know when. I was always so busy taking care of everything at home. With my mom always working her two jobs, my dad drunk most of the time and then I had to take care of Claire. I liked homework, I liked to be challenged, I liked to learn but I had never the time.

A brown haired girl suddenly entered the classroom nervously. She apologized to the teacher for her lateness and took a seat in the far end of the class room, nowhere near anybody. She looked stressed out, probably her first time in detention. I couldn't help but to giggle to myself, she looked so cute so overly stressed out. I didn't know her. I wish I did. There was something about her that made me curious. She looked through her backpack and took up her pencil case and a notebook. She started to look for a pencil but didn't seem to find one. She looked up at me. I quickly looked back down at my history book. I didn't want her to catch me staring at her.

I heard her stand up and walking towards me.

"Hi. Do you have an extra pencil?" she said nervously standing over me.

"Yeah." I said looking up to her. She was gorgeous. She had those beautiful brown eyes that made my stomach twirl.

"Uh, can I borrow it?" she said smiling shyly down at me blushing.

"Only if you tell me your name." I said teasingly and smirked at her.

"Its Sophia. Sophia Carter." She said blushing even more. She moved her hair from her face nervously and avoided my stare. She was so damn cute.

"Mine is Ryan Ross. Remember me as the boy who let you borrow his pencil." I said grinning handing her a pencil.

"I will" she said trying to sound more confident that she was and quickly ran to her seat.

I smirked to myself as I started reading again. She was so cute. I had her in my pocket. I could feel her stare at me, I knew she was interested.

When detention ended Sophia was the first one to leave the class room. She practically threw the pencil at me she was in such a hurry. I had planned to talk to her a little bit before I had to leave but I guess I could find her at school tomorrow so I just went to my locker, got my skateboard and made my way home as fast as I could.

When I got home I saw that my dad's car was in the driveway. It was weird since he usually didn't come home from work until after dinner.

I walked up the driveway hearing distant screams. Oh no. only one other person could be at home at this time and that was Claire.

I swung the door open and there he was yelling at my eight year old sister that was sitting crying on the floor.
Sign up to rate and review this story