Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > My Heart Can't Take This Hurt

Chapter 2

by Rybekka 2 reviews

=)

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-04-14 - Updated: 2007-04-14 - 1053 words

0Unrated
Notes: THANKS trophywives for reviewing =) and pleeese if you read this review =)

Sophia's POV.

Detention?

I, Sophia Carter, got detention. I've never got detention before. Never in my life. Never. What was I going to do now? Will this go on my permanent record? Will I even get into collage now?? My life was officially over. OVER. And because I had forgotten a report at home. Once. I always handed everything in on time. ALWAYS. I felt like crying. But then I saw him. I nearly missed my books out of my hands.

'Calm down Sophia.' I stopped for a minute then continued walking into detention. Why had he detention? I hurried over to a seat that was as far away from him as it could. I sat down with my heart beating faster with every move he made. I started looking for my notebook and pencil case but I shook so badly I could hardly concentrate on finding anything. Suddenly I felt like someone was staring at me. I picked up my notebook and pencil case and looked in his direction. I saw him quickly turn away. 'Was he looking at me?' No way. I started looking through my pencil case looking for a pencil. I couldn't find one. Great, what was I supposed to do now? I looked over at him. His name was Ryan. I knew cause I had a obsessive crush on him. Well, this was my chance, I had never talked to him before. I had to do it.

I stood up and walked nervously over to him.

"Hi. Do you have an extra pencil?" I heard myself say. Oh my god. What was I doing? Why was I so nervous? Well I was talking to the boy I have had a crush on for, well, you can say years.

"Yeah." He said looking up at me with those gorgeous brown eyes with his bangs nearly hiding them.

"Uh, can I borrow it?" I said and felt my cheeks get red. Great. Now he was going to think I'm some freak who can't talk to people. Or worse, he'll see that I loved him.

"Only if you tell me your name." He said surprising me. What? He wanted to know my name! MY name and he hadn't even looked in my direction before.

"Its Sophia. Sophia Carter." I said as I felt myself blushing even more. I couldn't look at him any longer, he was grinning teasingly at me. I nervously started playing with my hair.

"Mine is Ryan Ross. Remember me as the boy who let you borrow his pencil." Yeah like I didn't know already? He smirked and handed me a pencil. I was going to use his pencil! Ryan Ross's pencil! Well okay. I'm a little bit too much obsessed.

I took a deep breath and said: "I will" trying to sound confident then I was and took the pencil out of his hand. I barely brushed his hand when I took it from him. But that was enough to make my heart skip a beat. I practically ran to my seat and just sat there staring at the back of his head. 'I had finally talked to him'.

I spent detention writing lyrics into my notebook, I had already finished all my homework. Okay I'll admit it, I was kind of what you call a nerd. I had straight A's and spent my time reading and writing poetry or small stories. Ryan would never fall for a girl like me. But I could still hope.

Ryan's POV.

I felt myself getting so angry. What was he doing, yelling at a eight year old? Usually he wasn't like this, but you could clearly see he was drunk. And when he was drunk, he lost control.

"Stupid little girl! Can't you do ANYTHING right?" he spat at Claire not noticing me enter the house. She just kept crying her eyes out. She probably had no idea what she had done wrong.

I ran and picked her up off the floor. I held her tightly in my arms feeling tears of my own form in my eyes.

"Ryan! Why are you so late!?" he yelled at me and grabbed my shoulder.

"I got detention, please let me go" I said shaking. He had never hit me, but every time he got drunk I was so scared that he would do something to hurt me. Claire's cries started to get louder, I pat her back trying to make her stop.

"Tell that girl to shut up! I can't hear a word you're saying!" he yelled back at me and turned around to take a seat in front of the television. I just stood there frozen. Claire kept crying and I had no idea what I was going to do.

"SHUT HER UP OR I WILL!" he threatened from his seat in front of the TV. I realized that I had to get her to stop crying before he would get even madder. I ran into my room so he couldn't hear her anymore.

"Hush, Claire, everything is alright" I said trying to comfort her but I actually was crying myself. I was so confused. Why had dad been home so early in the day?

"Claire Bear?" I whispered when her cries started to minimize. "Why was daddy yelling at you?" I went on talking as softly as I could. She was still clenching her hands around my neck and kept sniffling.

"I don't know. He was angry at a man at work. He, he said bad words." She said and looked into my eyes. "Ry, were you crying?" she said and hugged me. "Don't cry big brother."

I couldn't help but cry. My eight year old sister was telling my not to cry. Dad had probably gotten fired. One more time... that meant that there probably would be a lot of fighting tonight. I wiped my eyes and sniffled one more time and then suggested to Claire if she wanted to come with me to Brendon's. She just nodded and insisted on taking her doll with her.

"Well, come on. Keep quiet" I whispered and carefully opened the door to my room. I picked Claire up and tiptoed out of the house then we headed towards Brendon's house.
Sign up to rate and review this story