Categories > Original > Mystery > Drowning Memories: Gone But Not Forgotten

Chapter One

by the_oddity 0 reviews

Rachael moves from town to town with her Aunt Bee, following her aunt's work. Rachael is desperate for friends and longing for family. After her parents' death, Rachael feels lost wherever she goes.

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-04-15 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 205 words

0Unrated
The characters Rachael was based on a celebrity. She is not an original character.

New town, new faces. Rachael gave a sigh of relief as she took in the new sights. There was a diner at one end of a line of shops and a scrapbooking shop at the other. She tried to memorize the exact location of every place to save the time of asking random people on the street where the nearest gas station was.
She walked a little further and turned a corner. She froze. The ocean was the one place in California that Rachael had wanted to avoid. The sound of the waves crashing together brought all the horrible memories flooding back. She fought back tears, knowing that even moving far away from her real home would bring back memories of it.
Rachael felt like being in her mother's arms or at her father's side, but she couldn't. They were gone. The last time Rachael had felt that comfort and safeness of being with her parents was when she was just twelve years old. And then they just weren't there anymore.
Four years later, here she was. And she felt so alone that no place would ever feel like home again.
Sign up to rate and review this story