Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Words of a Wilted Rose

Choices in the Favor of the Heart

by KiMoNo-ChIcK 0 reviews

Momiji and Kaoru come back home, and Momiji asks Kaoru why he invited Michiko and Momo to stay with them if they didn't know that they were related. Kaoru tells Momiji that sometimes, even if it hu...

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Momiji, Other - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-04-15 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 241 words

0Unrated
Momiji and Kaoru sat at the small table, having more miso soup considering there was plenty left over from yesterday's morning. It was silent, except for the occasional slurping from Momiji or his father.

Momiji finished his bowl and sat quietly, locking eyes with his father from time to time. "...Why did you invite her to stay with us?" Kaoru stopped eating and also placed his bowl on the table.

"Momiji-chan, she needs a place to stay-" "But she doesn't know who we are anymore!" Momiji looked at the wood of the table to avoid looking at his father.

"Momiji-chan." "She decided to forget us so why shouldn't we forget her?" Momiji felt tears coming, and brushed his eyes with the back of his hands to stop them from flowing.

"Momiji, it was not my choice to have your mother forget us. But she needs us now, we need to help her because she has no one else." Kaoru reached over to Momiji and patted him on the shoulder comfortingly. "You need to realize that."

Momiji began to cry. "But I don't want to see her again. It hurts too much." He felt the tears staining his shirt after rolling down his cheeks.

Kaoru came next to Momiji and embraced him. "Momiji-chan, I know. It...it hurts me too."

Note: Sorry for the short chapter! I have tons of homework to do so I'll update a new one later this week!
Sign up to rate and review this story