Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Long Live The Car Crash Hearts

Ten.

by rainydaykid13 1 review

KABOOM!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-04-15 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 1567 words

0Unrated
Pete sighed and climbed out of bed. He hadn't slept a wink. Thoughts of Lyric continued to haunt his conscience. He glanced at the clock; 6:08. Far too early for anyone else to be awake. He padded down the hall and into the dimly lit kitchen and made a beeline for the fridge.
"Hey, Pete," came a voice from across the room.
"Good God," Pete sighed; he hadn't seen Patrick sitting at the table.
"You're a little jumpy. Something on your mind?" Patrick asked.
"Nah, nothing."
"Lyric, huh?"

Pete shrugged, grabbing a bottle of water out of the refrigerator.

"What happened?"
"We got in a fight."
"And this is news to you?"
Pete rolled his eyes,"She said it was a mistake. She punched me in the face, I slapped her back, she punched me in the stomach. Repeatedly."
"And this led to the two of you making out on the couch?"
Pete took a drink of his water,"I really like her. A lot."
"Then why don't you just tell her that? Without all that "We need to talk" crap. Just say it."
"Dude, I don't know if I can do that."
"This coming from the man who's been through more girlfriends than I have guitar picks."

Pete couldn't help but smirk - Patrick did have a point.

"I just don't know how she'd take it, y'know? I mean, would you seriously want World War Three to start in our kitchen?"
"I don't think it'd be that bad. She just thinks she hates you."
"Nah, I'm pretty sure she hates me."
"Why would you say that?" Patrick asked, the most subtle hint of sarcasm in his voice.
"It might have something to do with the "fuck off" she has stamped across her forehead."
"If she hated you she wouldn't have stuck around."

Pete sighed, taking another gulp of water. Patrick: two. Pete: none.

"Just give it a try, OK?"
"Give what a try?" Joe asked, walking into the kitchen, Hope in his arms, Andy and Lyric in tow.
"Uh," Pete almost choked on his water, "This new cereal!" He said, grabbing the nearest box of Alpha-Bits and setting it on the table.
"But I haved that for breakfast yesterday," Hope said, sitting down between Joe and Patrick.
"Nice save," Patrick laughed as Lyric, Pete, and Andy seated themselves in the remaining chairs.

"So Hope, how do you like your new school?" Andy asked, pouring himself a glass of orange juice.
"Everyone's calling me the rat herder. How do you think I like it?" she replied smartly.
"Now or never," Patrick mouthed silently as Hope recounted the Dorito incident for the thousandth time.
Pete sat in silence, not knowing what to do.
Moments passed.
"Do it, now!" Patrick mouthed, kicking Pete's shin under the table.
"Lyric?" Pete said just above a whisper, earning her attention.
"What?" Pete was unresponsive.
He glanced back to Patrick, silently pleading for a distraction. Patrick cocked his eyebrow expectantly, almost as if to say, "Come on, out with it, Wentz".
"I... I ah..."
"You...What?" Lyric asked, becoming slightly annoyed.
"I... like stickers! Do you like stickers? Stickers are awesome."
Lyric looked confused but nodded, turning her attention back to Hope, who had milk dribbling down her chin.

"Alright, munchkin!" Joe said, scooting his chair back,"Time to get you to school."
"NO! THE RAT HERDER WANTS TO STAY HOME!" Hope cried, all but flying out of her chair, only to be intercepted by Andy.
Andy handed her off to Joe, who grabbed her backpack off the back of the couch and walked out the door, despite Hope's desperate cries and clinging to the door frame in resistance.
"Well, I'm gonna go back to my room. Good luck with your...stickers."
Pete blushed but nodded as she left the room.
"Dude! What the hell happened?" Patrick asked after she had gone.
"I don't know! I choked!" He said defensively.
"No shit Sherlock!"
"Well what did you want me to say? Just say, "Hey, pass the milk. And by the way, I love you with a fiery passion?"
"No. Well you could leave out the whole fiery passion thing, but just say it man!"
Pete rolled his eyes and stood up. He didn't know what to do. He did know one thing: He wouldn't be able to tell her.

"But they call me the rat herder!" Hope said through tears as Joe tried to coax her into the building.
"Oh it can't be that bad," he reasoned.
"It can. And it is," she retorted.
"Come on, it'll be alright," he said, finally picking her up and walking into the building.
Hope didn't even try to resist that time. Losing was inevitable.
Joe carried her into the classroom and set her down. She surveyed the room and for a moment thought everything was going to be alright. That is, until a particularly round child who in all the red he was wearing almost resembled a tomato, noticed her.
"Hey! Look! It's the rat monger! Gonna kill the fishie too?" he asked, laughing.
"I told you," she muttered.
"Aw it's no big deal, Hope."
"Yeah it is," she mumbled incoherently as Joe led her to the coat room.
"You're gonna be fine. I'm sure somebody'll be nice to you. I promise."
"Yeah, that's what Hat Boy said yesterday."
"Well, sometimes these things just take time," Joe explained.
Hope rolled her eyes as a blond girl entered the room.
"She's the one who stepped on my hair," Hope told Joe.
"Oh, yeah, you're the one who got Dorito flushed. He wasn't dead you know, and you're supposed to ask Ms.Sweeney before you get the hamster out. But do the rest of the class a favor, and stay away from the fishie, and everyone else," the girl said coldly, "Some peoples just don't belong heres."
Hope instantly burst into tears, "I don't wanna go to school anymore!" She cried into Joe's leg.
"Aw, come on," he said, picking her up,"it's OK."
"No it's not."
"Let's just take you home. You can try again tomorrow."
Hope nodded silently as the two made their way back out to the car.

"Just go up there, knock on her door, and do it," Patrick told Pete, standing at the bottom of the stairs.
"Why are you so determined for me to tell her?" he asked with a smirk.
"Well, for one, this constant fighting slash making out thing is driving me insane, and quite honestly one of these days you two are either going to kill each other or fuck, and I want to know what it's gonna be," he said matter-of-factly.
"Good to know," Pete replied just as Joe and Hope entered the house hand in hand.
The looks on Pete and Patrick's faces said it all. Their expressions just screamed "What the hell?!".
"Four year olds can be cruel," Joe said, reading their expressions and walking over to the couch and sitting down next to Andy, who had his nose buried in some sort of comic book.
"I'll call her down here if you want," Patrick said, turning back to Pete.
"OK. No! I mean, wait! Do we have to do this /now/?" Pete asked desperately.
"Yes. As a matter of fact we do," Patrick retorted,"Why is this so hard for you?"
"Because it just is!"
"OK, well, I'm calling her down here."
"What happened to being the understanding adorable best friend that you make yourself out to be?"
Patrick rolled his eyes, "Hey, Lyric! Could you come down here a sec?" He shouted.
"What is wrong with you?" Pete gasped nervously.
"Nothing."
"Well what am I supposed to do?!"
"Just say it."
"And if I can't?"
"You didn't have any trouble saying it when you two were fighting."
"So I should start a fight?"
"No. You should say what's on your mind, genius."
"Fine. But if she murders me or explodes or something, I'm coming after you."
"I'll hold you to that," Patrick replied as Lyric strolled down the stairs.
"Yeah?" She asked.
"Lyric I..." Pete stopped once again. What was he supposed to do? Just say it? Nah. That's way to easy. She'd kill him. Ah. What the hell.
"Lyric, I really like you. A lot." He said, just above a whisper.
Lyric blushed and looked down at her feet, "I really like you, too," she mumbled.
"That's a coincidence," Hope pointed out, proud that she was able to pronounce such a word.
"You call it a coincidence, I call it a bombshell," Patrick said sarcastically.
"KABOOM!" Andy demonstrated, throwing his hands up in the air.
"Thanks for that," Joe said, "They're trying to have a moment here."
Pete ignored them, "No, I mean I love you, Lyric."
She bit her lip, "I uh, kinda love you, too."
Patrick mentally slapped himself in the face as Pete and Lyrics lips met, softly at first. What had he started?
"Hey, horn-dogs, get a room," Hope said, covering her eyes as Andy, Joe, and Patrick looked at her in disbelief.
"Gladly," Lyric said as she and Pete disappeared up the stairs.
Joe looked from Hope to Patrick, to Andy, "I did not teach her that."

Pete and Lyric staggered back into Pete's room, still locked in a kiss. Pete stumbled onto the bed as Lyric broke the kiss only long enough to turn around and lock the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story