Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Long Live The Car Crash Hearts

Eleven.

by rainydaykid13 3 reviews

Hand over my heart. Gun to my head. I swear to God. I'm through with this.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-04-16 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 901 words

1Moving
Lyric awoke confused and disoriented. As her eyes adjusted to the darkness she nearly screamed at the sight of the body lying next to her. Moonlight streamed in through the window, illuminating his face. Her world was spinning, she could scarcely remember what happened, much less what she was thinking. She rose from the bed, collected her clothes and silently began making her way out of the bedroom. Near the door she paused, grabbing a pen and a scrap of paper from the nightstand. Tears fell from her eyes as she scrawled a message on it and set it back on the pillow.
Hand over my heart,
Gun to my head,
I swear to God,
I'm through with this.


---

Pete's eyes opened as he heard the door close. He never had been much of a heavy sleeper. He glanced around the dark bedroom. Lyrics clothes were no longer strewn across the floor and the door was slightly ajar. He sat up, wondering what time it was, and how much longer he had left to live. He knew lyric would snap out of it and start hating him all over again sooner or later, he just didn't know when. He glanced over to the other side of the bed, where she had been just moments ago, and saw the piece of paper lying on the pillow. He picked it up and read it. Immediately he dropped the paper, threw on boxers and a shirt and flew out of the room, wondering where she had gone. He threw open every door, desperately searching for her. He got to the bathroom and turned the knob, but it was locked.
"Lyric!" he shouted. No answer.
"Lyric, don't do this."

---

Just moments before, Lyric carefully stepped out into the dark hallway. Her thoughts raced, she felt light-headed. She just wanted to end it. Now. She walked into the bathroom, making sure to lock the door behind herself. By the light of the small night light that sat on the sink, she opened the medicine cabinet and found a round pill canister labeled "Ativan - Take two daily by mouth. Overdosing can be lethal". She pulled the cap off and without any hesitation proceeded to swallow five of the tiny capsules. After a mere few minutes she felt even more dizzy and lightheaded than before. The dimly lit room began to fade into darkness and she felt as though she may get sick. She leaned over and clung to the sink, throwing up. She felt her breath hitch before she crumbled to the floor.

---

"Patrick! Man, you gotta to get up!" Pete yelled, running into Patrick's room and flicking on the light.
"Gah, why? Jesus Pete, it's only," he paused to glance at the clock,"Ten till four in the morning. What the hell is your problem?"
"I think Lyric is trying to kill herself," Pete gasped.
"What?!" Patrick bolted up in bed, grabbing his glasses and a hat off the night table.
"I heard her leave the room, this was on the pillow," Pete said, handing Patrick the alleged note.
Patrick read it, his eyes growing wide,"They're lyrics from Hand of God. Are you sure this is a suicide note?"
"It was when I first wrote it."
"Where is she?"
"Somebody's locked in the bathroom, I think it's her. I yelled her name but no one answered."
"Well you could just break it down," Patrick joked.
Pete looked at him, absolutely horrified that he would even joke.
"Too soon for jokes?"
"No shit."
"Ok, um... I'll go get Joe and Andy. You just try to get in there," Patrick said, standing up.
Pete instantly shot off towards the kitchen, in search of a screwdriver. He nearly tore the drawer out of place trying to reach the screwdriver. He grabbed the tool and didn't bother closing the drawer, but instead raced up the stairs and began taking the doorknob off the bathroom door. Seconds later Patrick, Joe, and Andy came running up the stairs.
"Dude, what's going on?" Andy gasped, catching his breath.
Pete didn't bother explaining, he just shoved the note at him and continued unscrewing the doorknob. Finally the final screw came undone and the doorknob fell to the ground. Pete pushed the door open and nearly fainted at what he saw. The ick was still in the sink, and Lyric lay passed out on the floor, the bottle of pills still in her hand.
"Oh my God," Joe said, taking a stepping cautiously into the bathroom.
"Andy, go call 911!" Patrick ordered, as Pete, who had turned a pale white color, slid down the wall, his head falling to his hands.
"You gonna be ok, man?" Patrick asked, as Joe rushed into the bathroom, trying to check Lyric's pulse and breathing.
"Yeah, I think so," Pete whispered,"I just want to know why she did this."
Patrick patted his friend on the back and stood up, talking to Andy as the sound of sirens became audible in the distance.
"I'll go with her," Andy volunteered.
"No! Please, let me go," Pete begged.
"Pete, look at you. You're a wreck. Just let Andy go, OK?" Patrick reasoned.
"No!" Pete cried hysterically.
"Pete! Cool it!" Patrick said shortly.
Minutes later Lyric was loaded onto a stretcher and on her way to Northwestern Hospital, with Andy by her side. As Pete, Patrick, Joe, and Hope followed close behind.
Sign up to rate and review this story